The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Imagine the crowd on Saturday will be 6500-7000 if the Pars fill the north stand. Maybe with some kind of 'sell-out Saturday' marketing from the club we could nudge above 7k 

If I was in marketing I’d be banging on the BODs door, asking for the shop to be open late on Thursday / Friday, early Saturday. Offer some kind of shop discount (20/30%) to all fans whether it’s PATG or STs. Maybe an offer of £5 off next home game. Just a couple of suggestions to bring in revenue and fans.

6 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

When oh when oh when is Ola Lawal going to get a decent chance to shine? I don't mean getting the last 10 or 15 minutes but a least a full 45 minutes to show his worth. Even yesterday I would have thought that with Morrison going off that Lawal would have come on but instead McGlynn brings on McGuffie.

I think that the laddie will get p*ssed off and ask for a move in the January transfer window.

A similar situation to that encountered by Krasniqi last season.

Edited by kiddy

34 minutes ago, Bigbri Bairn said:

Thinking back to the summer when we were struggling for strikers. Some posted " why have we signed players who have not scored a goal in senior football?" In McGlynn we trust. Good signings John

I’d say every one of his signings have been a success or at the very least have contributed. What a difference it is appointing an actual football manager! 

10 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Good work from those involved but still very disappointing.

£80k per annum is great but barely touches our big black hole.

It’s not disappointing at all tbh. It’s a fantastic amount of money per month into the club on a regular basis. It’s also not the only source of income to fill this seasons hole either. 

Guest Brockvillenomore
26 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

It’s not disappointing at all tbh. It’s a fantastic amount of money per month into the club on a regular basis. It’s also not the only source of income to fill this seasons hole either. 

This ⬆️.

29 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

Yeah, quite how it can be seen as a disppointment when it didnt exist a year ago, is the result of toil and graft by a few diehard fans of the club, and is actively returning shares in the club bit by bit to the fans to use as a democratic lever in our stewardship is anyones guess. 

45 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

I just feel that I thought we would have had more, taking into account how well the new management team have done with all of the problems from last year still on the books and costing a small fortune.

The current BOD deserve enormous credit for that.

Im just reiterating the known facts about the £400k at least black hole which needs to be filled to get through the season.

Anyway, shouldn’t be too long till the AGM when all will be revealed.

FSS is a fantastic thing…..no doubt about that. If there is a sense of disappointment, then it will be related to one aspect only, and that is in comparison to other clubs of a similar scale.

There is a perception that the likes of Morton (who have more contributors than they have ST holders) are ahead of us on the curve. Now, that might be true, and it might not be true, but as FSS continues to learn and evolve, that picture may well change dramatically.

16 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

I just feel that I thought we would have had more, taking into account how well the new management team have done with all of the problems from last year still on the books and costing a small fortune.

The current BOD deserve enormous credit for that.

Im just reiterating the known facts about the £400k at least black hole which needs to be filled to get through the season.

Anyway, shouldn’t be too long till the AGM when all will be revealed.

It’s a tough one, many are simply not able to justify anymore expense in supporting the club just now due to X, Y & Z. As the club had seen with sponsorship, hospitality etc all being down until the recent call to arms which has seen big increases which is amazing. 

Probably notable in our away crowds too which look a little down on previous years.

Be good to hear how the other income streams are doing as you say versus targets but I think FSS are more than doing their fair share. Falkirk fans, as we always do, backing the club as much as they can. 

1 minute ago, RC55 FFC said:

It’s a tough one, many are simply not able to justify anymore expense in supporting the club just now due to X, Y & Z. As the club had seen with sponsorship, hospitality etc all being down until the recent call to arms which has seen big increases which is amazing. 

Probably notable in our away crowds too which look a little down on previous years.

Be good to hear how the other income streams are doing as you say versus targets but I think FSS are more than doing their fair share. Falkirk fans, as we always do, backing the club as much as they can. 

Absolutely agree with that.

FSS was always a long term project. No doubt there will be ups and downs along the way depending on how we are doing and also the general economic position. No question there.

What I want to know is how we are going to fill the known gap. Is there a benevolent soft loan giver out there? Are there new investors waiting in the wings?

We just don’t know,

I get that a lot of focus is on what FSS is bringing to fill the current financial 'black hole' - completely understandable too for obvious reasons.

However, I'm really excited to see what FSS can look like moving forward. I'd imagine an increased membership, with not just the weight of money behind it but a strong voice, really could push for changes that benefit the fanbase. Real potential to be something big.

3 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

FSS is a fantastic thing…..no doubt about that. If there is a sense of disappointment, then it will be related to one aspect only, and that is in comparison to other clubs of a similar scale.

There is a perception that the likes of Morton (who have more contributors than they have ST holders) are ahead of us on the curve. Now, that might be true, and it might not be true, but as FSS continues to learn and evolve, that picture may well change dramatically.

Said a few weeks back that a combination of unlikely circumstances has been key to where we are, even with the latest ask. I’m certain if we can continue to improve (Santa with a CF) finish the season strong (promotion) the numbers will significantly grow.

I think the FSS is a great thing but I have a feeling that it might not grow as much as we would like in the coming months/year. I honestly think we are just at the beginning of this cost of living crisis and I think a lot of fans are quite rightly being cautious about further monthly outlays. Hope to be proved wrong but not so sure.

12 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Very much looking forward to this week’s podcasts, especially with John and Paul - any idea when it’ll be out@RC55 FFC

Me too 😂

Weekly podcast out Monday night & the special with John & Paul will be out on Thursday. Recording it with them both on Tues night.