The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Back Post Misses

Easy. QOS couldn’t cope with our pace and movement first 60min. 

we just managed the game once they scored. 

thought the front 3 were excellent for that hour with Yeats adding much needed mobility in midfield. 

set up very nicely for the trash rolling into town next week. There will be fireworks for sure 

Really good win and performance which in truth really could and should've been a lot more. Queens are obviously very bad but we approached the game well and aside from a 10/15 period in the second half we were in total control.

Thought the changes all worked really well. Kennedy whilst he was poor when he came on last week he's been pushing for and deserving of a start in a while and he really took his chance today. Finn Yeats getting a game in his preferred role in midfield and same as last week his energy in there was huge for us and something we have been missing in there. Whilst Alegria could find himself hard done by to be dropped I felt that Burrells performance off the bench last week was deserving of a start today and he produced his best performance since East End Park. They just couldn't handle his pace and power and first half in particular everything was coming off for him and he had the beating of the defence both in the air and on the ground time and again. On that kind of form he is absolutely levels above. Obviously he needs to be more consistent but when he does find his consistency he's really got the potential to carve out a very decent career for himself.

With how much we were on top and in control it was disappointing to concede a goal, especially a goal so easily avoidable. Coll Donaldson was covering out wide on the right and Brad McKay was tracking back and instead of filling the hole in the middle where Donaldson should be he inexplicably went wide as well and left such a massive space for Murray to drive into and score.

Something I want to mention is Stephen McGinns pass to Kai Kennedy for the 3rd goal. Absolutley brilliant from him a first time 30 yard half volleyed pass to Kennedy in the box. A pass that nobody else in the league is capable of.

First and foremost, extremely sad news about Gordon McFarlane. When I used be a ball boy whilst at school he was always so approachable and welcoming with us. A brilliant guy. 

As for the game, we were worthy winners and again I can’t believe how poor they are for some of the players they have. Gibson surely must be about to be punted. Our front three caused them no ends of bother and it was a joy to watch how quickly we broke at times. Yeates back in midfield was also a big plus for us, he was superb. Donaldson and McGinn were their usual 7+/10.  Sets us up nicely for next weekend. 

11 hours ago, bairn88 said:

Sad news of Gordon Macfarlane’s passing. Hope we get the win today for the big man. 

Thanks boys.

Just a really impressive job Mcglynn is doing. Our group of players clearly not good enough to just steamroll the league - that is a very hard thing to do. Results like last week will happen.

But we are now reacting and fighting like a side capable of promotion should. I have no doubts now we will be in the top 4 at worst, and tbh fancy our playoff chances against whoever we’d face if it comes to that. 

Onto next week and hopeful of a sell out

When oh when oh when is Ola Lawal going to get a decent chance to shine? I don't mean getting the last 10 or 15 minutes but a least a full 45 minutes to show his worth. Even yesterday I would have thought that with Morrison going off that Lawal would have come on but instead McGlynn brings on McGuffie.

I think that the laddie will get p*ssed off and ask for a move in the January transfer window.

When oh when oh when is Ola Lawal going to get a decent chance to shine? I don't mean getting the last 10 or 15 minutes but a least a full 45 minutes to show his worth. Even yesterday I would have thought that with Morrison going off that Lawal would have come on but instead McGlynn brings on McGuffie.
I think that the laddie will get p*ssed off and ask for a move in the January transfer window.
Hel know what he has to do. Its sort of been alluded to on here that McGlynn thinks he is good, so I assume there's issues on the training pitch that he needs to demonstrate first. Maybe the boys can ask him on the podcast about Lawal because it is one that interests me too. It looks like there's talent there for sure.

For the minutes he's had so far at least.... He'd be like a new signing now if he managed to do whatever it is needs to be done for him to be trusted as a starter

Guest Back Post Misses
3 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

He is not getting a game because he plays in the role Nesbitt is playing. He doesn’t have the same work rate as far as I can see as Nesbitt. He going to have to wait if Nesbitt gets injured or drops his form to get in. He maybe frustrated but I bet he understands 

Edited by Back Post Misses

Great day/result and worth the long travels. Apart from one or two stupid switch offs (Henderson/Coll) in total control over the piece. Won’t get carried away as it’s teams like we face next Saturday we need to dish out the same too.
A word on Morrison, put in some shift and his notable “it’s ma ball attitude” looks like it changing. Yeats although not the full monty was everything we’ve been missing for seasons, keep it up son. 
Potentially a six thousand gate next week, can’t wait. 
COYB