The Falkirk FC Thread

On 26/10/2022 at 21:00, Bainsfordbairn said:

You might not like recent strips but you're basically blaming Puma for choices the club made. 

They get a range of templates to choose from and can customise those to a certain extent, or at least that used to be the case. ie the overall design is a template but they can choose the choose the colour of things like cuffs and collars. 

Or they can get a bespoke kit with details such as kelpies on the sleeves or the steeple zigzag across the chest that Hartleys team wore. Both of those were created when the lady from Sisters was in charge of strip selection. I think this years kit is bespoke too, though I might be wrong on that. Whereas the red away is definitely a standard Puma template. 

The obvious downside is that bespoke kits cost more so you either reduce the profit margin or put the prices up.  

What would be a surefire commercial success as a team kit would be one as plain as possible.

The club has tried materials of various patterns over the seasons with the majority being forgettable. Blue Tops White Shorts, change strip White Tops Blue Shorts with a mix of various coloured socks. Mix and match between the two job done.

It would break from the norm and therefore not being one of the crowd the better the chance for replica sales which is the driving force behind changing strips every season.

10 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

What would be a surefire commercial success as a team kit would be one as plain as possible.

The club has tried materials of various patterns over the seasons with the majority being forgettable. Blue Tops White Shorts, change strip White Tops Blue Shorts with a mix of various coloured socks. Mix and match between the two job done.

It would break from the norm and therefore not being one of the crowd the better the chance for replica sales which is the driving force behind changing strips every season.

Going by that logic buying the kit would become a one off purchase with no need for the annual purchase as the kit would have minimal if any changes.

Hardly an attractive option for the commercial team.

Much as my own preference is for a traditional kit I am not the target audience for shirt sales and as I said  annual changes are a necessary evil to maximise income.

I mind years ago someone mocked up a Nike Falkirk kit, I’m sure it might have been on here. The home top was plain navy with a small white v collar with white trim in the sleeves, white shorts and red socks and the away was white with a small navy v collar with white trim on the sleeves, blue shorts and white socks. It was really plain and was absolutely cracking. I’m no sure if at the time you could make up mock Nike strips on their website as I seem to remember the person that done it mocked up kits for other clubs.

1 hour ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Going by that logic buying the kit would become a one off purchase with no need for the annual purchase as the kit would have minimal if any changes.

Much as my own preference is for a traditional kit I am not the target audience for shirt sales and as I said  annual changes are a necessary evil to maximise income.

It's the opposite plenty of differences for example Collars of different designs, Crew neck, Vee neck, Collars of different colors. Then you get to cuffs and the cut of the material same with the shorts. Thats the thing with good design minimal changes but it keeps to the design principle and the selling point.

Being different than every other team in the league nothing wrong with that.

9 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Expecting a difficult game tomorrow, but if we get our application and attitude spot on from the first minute, it will be worth a round trip of around 200 miles.

I’d like to see Yeats, Lawal and Burrell come in tomorrow from the start. Lawal for McGuffie, perhaps sacrifice Oliver for Burrell and go with 2 up top, and Yeats needs to play purely for the effort and enthusiasm he brings to the team.

8 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I’d like to see Yeats, Lawal and Burrell come in tomorrow from the start. Lawal for McGuffie, perhaps sacrifice Oliver for Burrell and go with 2 up top, and Yeats needs to play purely for the effort and enthusiasm he brings to the team.

Good post, couldn’t have put it better. Interesting to see what the first eleven will be, with Morrison subbed early will McGlynn give the nod to keep the same ?that finished!

Edited by Springfield

5 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

True

Any idea what the average subscription is?

On 22/10/2022 at 14:21, Duncan Freemason said:

Pointless maths….…….😂

Now at the risk of starting more pointless maths debate @Duncan Freemason what average would be best? Mode, median, arithmetic/geometric/Weighted/harmonic mean. I’d go with median. 

Yeats must start, talk about people having a bit of fight, did no one else notice him literally fighting to get the ball back last week for our free kick. Boy just gets stuck in and doesn’t stop running (tends to freeze a bit the the box if he has the ball, a goal would do him the world of good)

Edited by RuncornBairn

5 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

True

Any idea what the average subscription is?

The last figure I saw was when it was 500 members donating roughly £6000 per month which would be about £12 average. That was before the recent call for increasing members and increasing subscriptions so hopefully higher than that now. But if we have 600 members donating an average of £12, that makes around £7200 per month? That's the equivelant of 720 members at £10 minimum or 1440 members at £5 (to compare to other clubs). Pretty good going for the first year!

1 hour ago, RuncornBairn said:

Now at the risk of starting more pointless maths debate @Duncan Freemason what average would be best? Mode, median, arithmetic/geometric/Weighted/harmonic mean. I’d go with median. 

Not pointless. If we are playing three times a week, we need to know. As a support, we are collectively missing out on one game a week.

Anyway, for this…….probably best just to run everything through an Excel Pivot table. 

4 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Celtic fans don't seem to have an issue buying the same top year in year out.