The Falkirk FC Thread

4 hours ago, RC55 FFC said:

Don’t know if they still do but our PUMA strips used to be made in Turkey. 

Id like to see us move on to another brand tbh but whoever it is, hopefully it’s the right deal for the club. 

The Hummel kits are my all time favourite Falkirk kits. Would love us to go back to that kind of strip but I reckon we'll join the Joma gang like St Johnstone etc 

Puma's last few efforts have been ganting. The only kind of decent kit they gave us was the detailing on the sleeves with kelpies etc. And I think there was a bit of input from the club on that. The rest have been just generic templates since, none more so than the white 3rd kit when some twat thought it would be a good idea to have blue as your home and away kit.

1 hour ago, ebobsboy said:

Puma's last few efforts have been ganting. The only kind of decent kit they gave us was the detailing on the sleeves with kelpies etc. And I think there was a bit of input from the club on that. The rest have been just generic templates since, none more so than the white 3rd kit when some twat thought it would be a good idea to have blue as your home and away kit.

You might not like recent strips but you're basically blaming Puma for choices the club made. 

They get a range of templates to choose from and can customise those to a certain extent, or at least that used to be the case. ie the overall design is a template but they can choose the choose the colour of things like cuffs and collars. 

Or they can get a bespoke kit with details such as kelpies on the sleeves or the steeple zigzag across the chest that Hartleys team wore. Both of those were created when the lady from Sisters was in charge of strip selection. I think this years kit is bespoke too, though I might be wrong on that. Whereas the red away is definitely a standard Puma template. 

The obvious downside is that bespoke kits cost more so you either reduce the profit margin or put the prices up.  

50 minutes ago, Syd Puddefoot said:

Agree, but why is there never a ' show sectarianism the red card' , its a bigger problem in Scotland than racism imo. Its ingrained in our society sadly. 

Scotland's shame unfortunately. But had a wee look into the organisation, they do advocate for preventing discrimination of any kind even though their tagline is "Show racism the red card." They have a video on their Twitter where players of a few Scottish teams (including the OF) talk about stopping discrimination of race, sex, religion etc so that would include sectarianism. Seems a good organisation so great to see us working with them as well as Scottish football in general. 

Guest FFC1965

A little belatedly can I offer a large public thank you to @Bainsfordbairn for reuniting me with my framed FFC shirt when I sponsored a player for the 2020/21 season.  Without his help it would still be sitting in a cupboard at the stadium.  

Guest Back Post Misses
2 hours ago, Springfield said:

Has anyone got numbers on the uptake on the FSS membership? Thanks 

Still under 600 as per last Saturday. Monthly Cash input more important figure TBH.