The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Back Post Misses
1 minute ago, Rugster said:

I’ll buy you a pint!

My Dad lives in Lossiemouth so will go up Friday and stay a few days after probably 

Guest Back Post Misses
16 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

You one of those maniacs that were in the Elizabethan with the Young Team before the Dunfermline game 😂?

No, however I was at a funeral a couple of weeks ago and got talking to a lad there. Unbelievably he was one of them! 

8 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

5 hour drive minimum

I drove from my house on the Gold Coast to Sydney a few months ago , took me just over 11 hours. Drove back the next morning and took me a mere 10 and a half hours (had the foot down).

5 hours is nothing.   

3 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

I drove from my house on the Gold Coast to Sydney a few months ago , took me just over 11 hours. Drove back the next morning and took me a mere 10 and a half hours (had the foot down).

5 hours is nothing.   

So it's true . . . everything is bigger down under, eh?

9 hours ago, RC55 FFC said:

Great to have well known Bairn, Scott Steel on the podcast this week. Get involved troops at the usual links below👇🏼🎙🎧

833FAA66-8C3A-4BF4-AC8F-675329BF00E9.jpeg

FFBD8317-CB17-475A-9F54-413E1446E502.jpeg

Great show again, really gives you something to look forward to on a Monday night even after a disappointing Saturday.

5 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

5 hours is nothing.   

Take your point it's a matter of perspective in the geographical area and what is seen as the norm.

Mate of mine who lives in Perth ( the Aus one ) drove for two days including an overnight stop for a friends minor celebration for a few hours and drove back again.

Commented 'its seen as the norm' nobody bats an eyelid doing it.

16 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

5 hour drive minimum

I did Wick from Linlithgow in 2015 and was a 5 and a half hour drive but that was with snow at Aviemore. In decent conditions it would be about 5 hours.

We stayed at the Norseman Hotel. Bang in middle of the town and had a great night after game postponed at 2.20pm 🤣🤣.

Wouldn't recommend the train - think it takes about 4 hours from Inverness.

One Rose fan lives in the Borders. Got a bus to Galashiels, train to Edinburgh Waverley, taxi to Edinburgh airport and flew to Wick. Flight back on the Sunday was cancelled and was stuck there until Monday.

Having driven the above mentioned Sydney to Gold Coast (Brisbane in my case), and driven to John of’ Groats a couple of times, then although shorter, the road to Wick is a far more demanding drive. Sure, the Oz distance is much longer, but once you are on their M1, it’s a straightforward time event with nothing like the obstacles and traffic/weather variations of driving to Wick.

On 22/10/2022 at 21:04, Bainsfordbairn said:

Once we agreed (or were forced?) to change to red today the blue away strip was the only option for Kelty. That one is understandable. 

Not sure about the QOS light blue. It happened in August, so maybe they'll have to get a third strip just as we did last year? I'm sure one of their fans who monitor this thread will enlighten us. 

There's absolutely no issue at all with us playing in a very pale blue away kit at Falkirk. We also wore it at Ibrox and Peterhead in August and both their kits are far lighter than yours. We do now have a 3rd kit launched last week but as it's black we'll not be wearing it at Falkirk either. Our pale blue kit is far more likely to clash with a white kit than any sort of darker blue. The only issue we've had this season was at Montrose as their home kit fades from dark blue to light blue across it which meant it clashed with both our blue kits. As the black wasn't available at the time they had to change kits but we'll wear the black kit next time around.

I can recall both Falkirk, and Dundee for that matter, playing at Palmerston in their dark navy kits while we wore Royal Blue which was a nonsense but permitted at the time. I doubt it would be now right enough.