The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Caractacus Potts
On 22/10/2022 at 16:04, Newbornbairn said:

How the f**k do you run out of bovril at a football stadium?

That’s an absolute shambles by the way. Can’t afford to lose any money at the moment and running out of bovril is criminal for a football stadium.

It’s not like pies where you have to make an order based on predicted sales to reduce waste. 

Guest Back Post Misses
17 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

That’s an absolute shambles by the way. Can’t afford to lose any money at the moment and running out of bovril is criminal for a football stadium.

It’s not like pies where you have to make an order based on predicted sales to reduce waste. 

By all means slaughter the club when it is justified. The kiosks are contracted out and they pay the club a fee each season. If the kiosks run out of anything it is them who lose out not the club. This deal was signed by previous regimes. 

27 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

I think the catering company pay the club to use the kiosks. Club gets a flat fee, makes no difference to us financially how many pies they sell, maybe when the current contract expires the club should look to operate everything in house going forward however. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

Guest Caractacus Potts
5 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

By all means slaughter the club when it is justified. The kiosks are contracted out and they pay the club a fee each season. If the kiosks run out of anything it is them who lose out not the club. This deal was signed by previous regimes. 

What is the contract? 

Does this mean the club makes nothing on bovril sales? 

Guest Caractacus Potts
Just now, LatapyBairn. said:

I think the catering company pay the club to use the kiosks. Club gets a flat fee, makes no difference to us financially how many pies we sell, maybe when the current contract expires the club should look to operate everything in house going forward. 

Guess it depends how much they pay however doesn’t sound like a great deal as you’d want to be in control of anything that can increase revenue. 

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Arse cheek away for the coin

I’d take Rangers away but not Celtic tbh. 2 reasons. 1. I think Celtic would give us an absolute hiding which would potentially impact morale, I don’t think Rangers are capable of thrashing anyone. 2. I’m pretty sure Rangers pull bigger attendances for the earlier stages of the cups than Celtic so we’d make more money.

Guest Back Post Misses
5 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Guess it depends how much they pay however doesn’t sound like a great deal as you’d want to be in control of anything that can increase revenue. 

I personally don’t know the detail but spoke to someone who used to help the club out who didn’t think it was a good deal. Not sure how long it is still to run. 

Guest Caractacus Potts
37 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

I personally don’t know the detail but spoke to someone who used to help the club out who didn’t think it was a good deal. Not sure how long it is still to run. 

Why would it not surprise me if we’re tied in to yet another crap deal!

Would like to know details about the Greaves deal too as can’t understand why we can’t use our own website like we used to, to sell our own merchandise. 

2 hours ago, AGPar said:

We're a better team than last season (the lowest of low bars) with a better management team but the same old pattern of flat-track bullying dross whilst dropping points all over the place against any team who do not fit into that categorisation is still far too prevalent to date. We are just nowhere near convincing enough. Big reaction and a win needed at Palmerston on Saturday, a ground we've struggled at plenty of times in recent years.

Agreed with all of your post, and picked out this bit about us being out-fought/out-muscled if a team gets in our face - ie Airdrie Kelty Montrose 1st half last week. 
McGuffie Oliver & Nesbit are way too lightweight, Hetherington is too slow, Morrison isn't a tackler either.  Yesterday we looked utterly feeble first half, losing 40-60's never mind the 50-50's... 

Yeats should be back in midfield as many have said, how about Mackie playing in there as well - a couple of guys that can put a decent bit of much needed dig. 

Guest Back Post Misses
21 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Why would it not surprise me if we’re tied in to yet another crap deal!

Would like to know details about the Greaves deal too as can’t understand why we can’t use our own website like we used to, to sell our own merchandise. 

I see a lot of these deals as laziness. Let someone else do it and we will take a return, but a lot lower return than if we put in some effort and did it ourselves. 

9 minutes ago, lanky_ffc said:

Premiership teams don't enter until the next round.

Would take any of the non-league sides away as long as they've got decent capacity for the #navybluepound

Aye in the absence of a money spinner, next best is a fun winnable away trip. Avoid teams in our own league or shitey away days at teams liable to pump us. 

I didn't get to Linlithgow that last time, I'd maybe take something like that although it was a scramble for tickets iirc

19 hours ago, Higgenarse said:

Scottish cup draw on Monday at 4pm. Who do we fancy? A trip into the unknown or straightforward one at home. I fancy Wick away

With our club being in such an impecunious state we should be hoping for a home tie, no? While it is my understanding that after paying the away team's travel expenses that the remaining gate receipts are divided equally between the two clubs, surely we get to keep any additional money coming in from hospitality packages etc.?

Happy to be corrected on this from somebody more knowledgeable on this matter.

18 hours ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Not sure about settling for where we are but could be worse.

Can’t see us doing any business in January unless we can get in loans where we pay no wages.

Have to say the confidence of that team being able to pull off the results we failed to do so last season is starting to diminish. The biggest positive from yesterday is that Dunfermline have some bad results in them too.

Hoping the bubble will burst for Edinburgh soon but they’re absolutely flying at the moment. 

It's the reality of where we are in the scheme of things. In the hunt for the play off's but teams now have a handle on how to play us and we don't have the squad quality to mix things up.

14 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

It's the reality of where we are in the scheme of things. In the hunt for the play off's but teams now have a handle on how to play us and we don't have the squad quality to mix things up.

image.thumb.png.9e8b6083ef777bacc44d313fb844f1e6.png

It was a bad result but some posters need to get a grip. We've lost once since the last Kelty game. That does not suggest that we have been found out.

55 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Disagree.

I think we do have the squad quality to mix things up but, so far, the manager has preferred to go with the same personnel.

Hopefully, that will now change.

25 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

image.thumb.png.9e8b6083ef777bacc44d313fb844f1e6.png

It was a bad result but some posters need to get a grip. We've lost once since the last Kelty game. That does not suggest that we have been found out.

Agreed, but the two Kelty defeats don’t reek of outrageously high amounts of good fortune falling on the side of Kelty.

It is far more likely that Kelty are the only ones (so far) to figure out how to beat us without it taking amazing tactics to do it. We still have a few players that check out when met with a bit of physical intimidation.

It’s a simple but effective way to stop us. Again, we can chuck around stats to make things look bad, or not so bad. For example, go with a “last 7 games”, and stats of W3 D2 L2 giving us 11 points from a possible 21 isn’t great.

Or go with “we haven’t been beaten in the league since we last played them” seems more upbeat, and is equally true. The only thing to keep in mind is we have only played 5 games since they last beat us.

Watched McGlynns interview again and no doubts he’s really fcked off with how we didn’t start the game until a few minutes after four o’clock on Saturday. Two huge games  coming up which will either steer us near to top, or farting around the 4/5 placings. Interesting to see what changes he makes to the starting eleven.