The Falkirk FC Thread

2 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Potter got his tactics spot on. To me it shows we don't have good enough players to play the same 11 every week as other sides work you put. Agyeman wide right stopped McCann getting forward and his height and pace gave us problems with him cutting inside.  They bullied us in the middle of the park first half and with McCann shackled it meant Mackay was out width and he just isn't a good enough footballer to do that.  The changed made a huge difference but by then the damage was done unfortunately.

Squad we have is in the mix and where we are now I will settle for. We just don't have the players at this time to put out a settled 11 and challenge the opposition to match us.

It stands to reason managers of all teams have a handle on how to stop Falkirk as Kelty proved.

Hopefully come the transfer window things can be freshened up a bit.

The result and first half was truly awful but I have to admit that second half was, at the very least, fun. Been a long time since I was as pumped full of energy when we were pushing to get back into the game. Yeats epitomised it and played exactly as I would have if on the pitch, although also with some actual footballing ability too.  

Kelty had clearly done their homework.  McGinn and Morrison were singled out for close attention and neither got a sniff in the first 45mins.   Potter was very vocal on the touchline too and might turn out to be a better manager than expected.  

McGuffie has had more than enough chances and needs to be benched for a while. and I agree with @Grangemouth Bairn on Oliver.    Don't think Nesbitt has done much wrong at all this year and would keep him in but with Yeats, McGinn and Lawal.  

Kennedy was terrible when he came on yesterday and not convinced he's going to be a big player for us.  Also liked the look of Burrell and Alegria as a 2 up top.  

1 hour ago, ebobsboy said:

I just don't get why some get picked almost every week when they have done little to merit it.

We are 4th (joint 3rd) and 4pts off top yet those players don't merit getting picked.

Christ we need a clear out in January!!!

12 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Squad we have is in the mix and where we are now I will settle for. We just don't have the players at this time to put out a settled 11 and challenge the opposition to match us.

It stands to reason managers of all teams have a handle on how to stop Falkirk as Kelty proved.

To be honest the second half changes showed that we do have the depth of squad to change our formation and tactics.

As has already been stated McGlynn should forget a favoured first eleven and play horses for courses ( unless he completely over thinks it  like the Kelty away match ).

I don't see the Potter being some sort of football genius and admittedly yesterday was a tough one to take we are by far not as bad as some posters are making out for to have a chance of drawing that when we were behind previous seasons we would have been humped and scored zero in return. In addition to that time wasting, moaning at the ref about every chance that had to get a free kick or foul and the constantly high ball up field to Agyeman is hardly upon there with Pep Guardiola, or Arteta.

If McGlynn had changed the team from the other night and we got beat folk would be questioning why he changed it, so he's damned if he does damned if he doesn't.

McGuffie is capable of that spark of and scoring the odd goal but Tuesday night he should have crossed instead of trying to score himself, yesterday was a combination of things biggest one being we didn't get the chance to play the way we could on Tuesday. on the other side of that though if it wasn't for him we wouldn't have took any points from the Montrose game.

I actually thought Nesbitt done well in the second half and trying to create something and normally I hate the guy (its more the bun than anything)

McCann I don't understand the criticism for yesterday I didn't think he done to bad again Agyemanbut as much as there was a few time he turned McCann there was a good few time McCann won possession from him and turned him inside out.

McKay had a couple of chances same as Tuesday nights efforts but wasn't too bad highlights of it was him getting away with a few digs at Higgy.

As I say if that had been any of the pst few seasons we wouldn't have scored any and the damage would have been a lot more, biggest thing was we took 45 minutes to get our shit together.

19 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

I don't see the Potter being some sort of football genius and admittedly yesterday was a tough one to take we are by far not as bad as some posters are making out for to have a chance of drawing that when we were behind previous seasons we would have been humped and scored zero in return.

I thought we’d heard all possible spin techniques from our last few managers but to claim “having a chance of drawing” as some sort of positive when we’ve just lost at home to Kelty Hearts is right up there.

Thankfully Mcglynn was very clear in his post-match that the performance and result were nowhere near acceptable. This kind of losers’ attitude needs to be banished from the club.

1 hour ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

This summer we appointed a highly-experienced management team and handed them, by a considerable distance, the largest signing budget in the division. Yet despite these circumstances, we are not in a position to be asking any serious questions of Kelty Hearts and being "in the mix" is basically meeting your expectations?? Sorry, not for me. Not by a hundred, thousand, million miles. Are you aware of the paper-thin nature of the current Airdrieonians and Dunfermline Athletic squads? We have far more depth than either of them. What is also now abundantly clear, exactly one third of the way through the season, is that the standard of this year's league, top to bottom, is extremely poor, bordering on woeful. We've already lost the same amount of games as Cove Rangers did in the whole of last season. Airdrie went 24 games unbeaten from about November. This season both of these would already have the cigars out and champagne on ice. The standard is terrible.

We're a better team than last season (the lowest of low bars) with a better management team but the same old pattern of flat-track bullying dross whilst dropping points all over the place against any team who do not fit into that categorisation is still far too prevalent to date. We are just nowhere near convincing enough. Big reaction and a win needed at Palmerston on Saturday, a ground we've struggled at plenty of times in recent years.

10 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Arse cheek away for the coin

My only worry there is you’d get a 6/7/8-0 and that completely derails the league campaign. Probably shortsighted, but I don’t give a shit about cups this year. Any run, of course, is welcome, but we simply need out this league this year.

Guest FFC1965
2 hours ago, Higgenarse said:

Scottish cup draw on Monday at 4pm. Who do we fancy? A trip into the unknown or straightforward one at home. I fancy Wick away

Wick would be an adventure - I also quite fancy Elgin away. 

Failing that something easy to reach and winnable like Stirling (Albion or Uni) or Lithgae

Least welcome would be Dundee or Morton way 

Guest Caractacus Potts
3 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Not sure about settling for where we are but could be worse.

Can’t see us doing any business in January unless we can get in loans where we pay no wages.

Have to say the confidence of that team being able to pull off the results we failed to do so last season is starting to diminish. The biggest positive from yesterday is that Dunfermline have some bad results in them too.

Hoping the bubble will burst for Edinburgh soon but they’re absolutely flying at the moment. 

Edited by Caractacus Potts