The Falkirk FC Thread

Don’t think downing tools is any sort of issue. In the case of Nesbitt and McGuffie, it really is the case that both can be bullied out of games with little difficulty.

For my money, as long as they are playing, we run the risk of today happening all over again. Nesbitt buzzing about gives the illusion of contributing, but once he has been handed out a dull one, he’s done. McGuffie is most definitely in the same category.

2 hours ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Bit of a wake up call for us today Imo. I think too many players felt they could just pitch up and turn Kelty over after a few decent wins.

My view is that having Nesbitt, Mcguffie and Morrison in the starting 11 will always create a huge chance of downing tools when the going gets tough. We also looked very poor defensively, which is very concerning.

Harsh on Nesbitt who was always willing to get on the ball today and tried to make things happen. He's been far better this season and looks like he cares. McGuffie and Morrison were stinking as were McKay, Oliver and Kennedy when he came on Lawal did well and perplexing he's usually benched whole Oliver plays. 

Got to day I really like Mcglynn’s interview with no excuses or trying to sugar coat today’s result.

You are left in no doubt that the players will be made well aware that the performance and result were not good enough, which is not something you can say for our last few managers.

It is high time we had a culture of high standards and expectations at the football club.

Edited by PedroMoutinho

3 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Don’t think downing tools is any sort of issue. In the case of Nesbitt and McGuffie, it really is the case that both can be bullied out of games with little difficulty.

For my money, as long as they are playing, we run the risk of today happening all over again. Nesbitt buzzing about gives the illusion of contributing, but once he has been handed out a dull one, he’s done. McGuffie is most definitely in the same category.

Add to that Henderson who is a decent footballer but a poor competitor. Needs to visit ma maw in get some steak pie.Bullied in every challenge in the first half which affected his confidence. Biggest mistakes today were made by Mcglynn who was totally out thought by their tactics. Yeats adds an urgency and mobility in midfield.and should now start there. We also now need a plan B as Kelty have just advertised to the rest of the league how to kick us off the park to great effect! We can still win this league but we need to learn from our mistakes Kelty’s performance was a carbon copy of the last time we met .

Sometimes better to wait till the dust settles and take stock. A horrid unforgiving first 45 against a team that was in our faces from first ball, second and third. Unfortunately and after improvement, the previous incumbents of last seasons debacle stood out like a sore thumb. Messers Mackay Morrison McGuffie very poor and let’s face it, poor contributions from most others. Unfortunately an ex player had our two CBs on toast all game and our captain for successive games totally exposed and at sixes till subbed. Thought Hogarth was poor and positioning questionable.

Second 45 much better but we huffed and puffed and Kelty thoroughly deserved the three points. Posted and said earlier, decent coaches know how easy it is to nullify our midfield and our game plan disappears. Actually thought Nesbitt tried but with so many not turning up ended up lost.

I’m hoping this was a bad day at the office and the next two games will determine if we have genuine credentials to be at the top. McGlynn interview spot on.

10 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Once we agreed (or were forced?) to change to red today the blue away strip was the only option for Kelty. That one is understandable. 

Not sure about the QOS light blue. It happened in August, so maybe they'll have to get a third strip just as we did last year? I'm sure one of their fans who monitor this thread will enlighten us. 

We’ve got a black third kit. Imagine we’ll wear that for our next trip to Grangemouth. 

You won’t see a better opening spell from a team all season at TFS (or anywhere?). They looked really strong in that opening period, as poor as we were. They’ll be up there at the end of the season and their recent form supports that. 

The first half was poor but I actually thought we were alright for large spells of the second half. Whether that is because we played better, or because kelty sat in is up for debate.       

A bit concerning overall. Yesterday wasn’t a disaster but what an opportunity wasted. John has improved the team but I’m not convinced he knows how to adapt his tactics to any adversity.

Guest Back Post Misses
37 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Lots of players were poor yesterday and we deserved to lose. McGuffie and Oliver just don’t cut it for me.

McGuffie gets it tight on here but I just don’t see anything in Oliver. He’s pish.

Lawal, Burrell and Yeats need to become regular starters.

I think this is a bit harsh on Oliver but he was poor yesterday. He has been influential in other games. I do agree Yeats and Lawal need to play. One brings energy and the other brings a bit of mystery which other teams will be wary of. I thought that Alegria and Burrell looked dangerous as a pair. 

45 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

I think this is a bit harsh on Oliver but he was poor yesterday. He has been influential in other games. I do agree Yeats and Lawal need to play. One brings energy and the other brings a bit of mystery which other teams will be wary of. I thought that Alegria and Burrell looked dangerous as a pair. 

I’m not a fan of Oliver tbh. Just don’t get it. Doesn’t offer enough for me. Happy to be proved wrong over the next 20 games or so.

I realise I’m in a minority with Oliver as he’s a very popular player.

Edited by Grangemouth Bairn

Yesterday was disappointing and the players let themselves down against Kelty - again.

They are our bogey team this year.

Also disappointing to see posters scapegoating Nesbitt, McGuffie and Mckay even though the goals lost had nothing to do with them. 

The team failed 1st half yesterday not because the named individuals were lacking.

Kelty aren’t as shite as many people are/have been making out. However too many players simply “folded” in the opening forty five. Really thought Kelty were at ease going through us, as our captain hopelessly exposed with no shows from MMO. Notable improvement with Yeats (dare I say it Hetherington) and going two up front we began to look a threat. Some poster got it big a couple of weeks back about suggesting sticking Morrison on the bench, on yesterdays showing, Kennedy must get the nod next week. 

Just now, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Why? Kennedy did SFA yesterday too, apart from pass up several glaring opportunities to get the ball across the box where we had about 7 men waiting for it.

I'd add to that by saying I thing Yeats and Lawal or Burrell will come in for McGuffie and Oliver next week.