The Falkirk FC Thread

No overreaction from me - we’ve been very good at home and we are nowhere near good enough to win every game. 

However, that is now 3 absolutely ATROCIOUS performances out of 12 (Airdrie, 2x Kelty). There has been lots of progress in between, but a reminder that we aren’t too far away from being total guff.

Moving forward, that result will definitely bring changes. Think Mcglynn has kept the same team and substitutions as it has been broadly working. Would now expect to see far more game time for lawal and Kennedy. Also thought we missed some Yeats exuberance in there too. Alegria and Burrell to partner an option too? 2 big games to come - win both and today becomes a blip. 

Edited by bairn88

Need to see it back again but for me Hogarth's had a howler with the first goal going right through him. Second ones a simple long ball and flick on that we didn't deal with at all. Fair play to McGlynn for completely changing it at half time, going with Alegria & Burrell up top together and we were much more dangerous in the second half for it.

Plenty of players from that first half showing putting their jersey up for grabs next week. 

Edited by FFC 1876

2 minutes ago, Kelheart said:

Few of your lads stealing a wage me thinks , comfortable win again , can we play you every week 😂😂

There's some stealing wages since they were signed, who downed tools last season when the going got tough and still get picked and who are shitebags when it gets to roll your sleeves up time. Plaudits have been greatly received by some of the protagonists for improved performances of late but in the final analysis they have that type of performance in them. Which is why they shouldn't be anywhere near our club but we can't afford to pay them off. I will say though that McGlynn doesn't have to play them but does, why only he knows but I've said it before they will let him down and they did again today. 

Where did that shocking first half come from?

Second all over the pitch with Henderson being bullied by the man mountain Higginbotham a particular nonsense.

The much derided Heatherington made a real difference adding much needed fight in the midfield and Burrell and Alegria both scoring bodes well.

The wee experiment of McKay at right back needs to end now, offered nothing going forward despite having acres of space.

Beaten by a very mediocre team and frankly down to our own feeble start.

Edited by Reggie Perrin

It's really not acceptable to have dropped 3 points now twice to a team of keltys standard. First half was just dreadful . Yeats and lawall both made a big difference and at least hetherington got stuck in. Burrell was decent . Was a bit disappointed with Kennedy who needed to be beating the fullback far more.  Third goal killed us as we were well on top at that point.  We also  resorted  to too many punts up the park when we should've been mixing it up better.  A chance to get closer to Dunfermline blown and these 6 dropped points to kelty could really cost us.

Edited by Shodwall cat

First half was atrocious, defence looked all at sea. Second half was better but the damage had already been done. Only positives I can take is Yeats, Lawall and Hetherington got a bit of a grip of the midfield and Burrel and Alegria looked decent together. I would expect to see changes next week.