The Falkirk FC Thread

32 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Boak

I remember the DA banner that day, and it certainly didn’t go down well with the rest of the Scottish football fraternity.

A banner congratulating either side of the OF from the supporters of other clubs is pretty dire.

8 hours ago, _FFC1876 said:

Good to see Paul Watson back on the bench on Tuesday, thought he’d be out for longer.

F9A64F9A-6801-4350-B56A-9C4D4CF1644B.jpeg

Lol, this is a strange one... I thought I was cracking up!!

Walking down to the game on Tuesday night I looked at the line ups on the Sky Sports app and said to my son, that's good Paul Watson is on the bench, then also noticed and said shit, Kai Kennedy is missing he must be injured then never thought any more off it until Kai Kennedy was subbed on? Wtf! Then looked at the app again and Paul Watson was missing for Kennedy.

6 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Never understood the state of perma seethe Higginbotham gets himself into when he plays against us.

He never got a particularly hard time from the fans when he played for us and he got his “big” move to England on the back of his time with us.

Perhaps he is just a wee arsehole.

I can never remember him ever getting the seethe about anything when he played with us to be honest. 

7 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Never understood the state of perma seethe Higginbotham gets himself into when he plays against us.

He never got a particularly hard time from the fans when he played for us and he got his “big” move to England on the back of his time with us.

Perhaps he is just a wee arsehole.

He used to get it right when we played Falkirk with him, nothing outrageous or that, but I get the feeling he likes to hold on to a grudge? 

1 hour ago, Grant228 said:

He used to get it right when we played Falkirk with him, nothing outrageous or that, but I get the feeling he likes to hold on to a grudge? 

Imagine that. Condemned to go through his entire life being seen as a permanently angry short arse.

22 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

It will happen at some point and Saturday is a tough game, especially being the 3rd match in the space of a week.

Where does this come from? What club ever plays three games in a week? A Saturday-Saturday is one game a week. Adding a midweek fixture doesn’t take it from one game a week to three. Weird arithmetic.

Anyway, not often that the Sporting Life website mentions Falkirk let alone mark us out as a kind of “bet of the week”.

https://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/mark-ohaires-football-betting-tips-best-bets-and-nap-falkirk-and-goals-in-france/204496

12 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Where does this come from? What club ever plays three games in a week? A Saturday-Saturday is one game a week. Adding a midweek fixture doesn’t take it from one game a week to three. Weird arithmetic.

Anyway, not often that the Sporting Life website mentions Falkirk let alone mark us out as a kind of “bet of the week”.

https://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/mark-ohaires-football-betting-tips-best-bets-and-nap-falkirk-and-goals-in-france/204496

It's been 1 week and they'll have played 3 games!

Talking about playing games in close proximity, the article about Crunchie in the West Ham programme regales how Chelsea and Man City played a league match the day before they played in the Full Members Cup Final at Wembley. Changed days! 

Edited by Guest

55 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Have you lost the plot 😂

Saturday - Tuesday - Saturday is three games in one week. I'm not sure what you're struggling with?

Falkirk are, of course, in the same boat but have a more straightforward game on paper tomorrow.

2 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Have you lost the plot 😂

Saturday - Tuesday - Saturday is three games in one week. I'm not sure what you're struggling with?

Falkirk are, of course, in the same boat but have a more straightforward game on paper tomorrow.

Ah Fife. Where the people have 12 fingers, their sisters and mothers are the same person and there are 8 days in a week! 😂

Are you seriously struggling with the concept that there are not two Saturdays in the same week?

1 hour ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Appreciate the point you are (correctly) making but playing three games in a week is far from unusual, particularly in higher leagues where tv are involved. Rangers, Aberdeen & Motherwell are all playing three games THIS week (Sunday, Wednesday, Saturday)

Edited by Skyline Drifter

18 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Have you lost the plot 😂

Oh dear

The only way you could technically get away with this is that if there was an earlier or later kick off on the Saturday. Even then nobody counts that as 2 games in a week. As soon as you pass the same kick off time on the following Saturday you are in a different week. I feel like I'm getting wooshed here. 

Edited by Believe The Hype

37 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Ah Fife. Where the people have 12 fingers, their sisters and mothers are the same person and there are 8 days in a week! 😂

Are you seriously struggling with the concept that there are not two Saturdays in the same week?

Are you trying to say there is more than a 7 day gap between 4:45pm on 15th October and 3pm on 22nd October?

I also assume you no longer work for Queens when you're posting such pish online?