The Falkirk FC Thread

3 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

They had held us to a very drab goalless draw but that was it.

Weirdly, they now have the best home record and worst away record.

I've just come back from the hair splitters convention and I think you'll find it is the 2nd best home record. 🤔😋

6 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

They had held us to a very drab goalless draw but that was it.

Weirdly, they now have the best home record and worst away record.

I get the point anyway, if you had seen us that day you would be forgiven for going into this weekend feeling that the players owe us a performance/will want redemption for themselves, such was the shiteness of the display. 

FWIW, for me (Jeff) we will beat them and the real test of character for redeeming a shoeing will be when Airdrie come to us. 

Guest Back Post Misses
7 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Also apparently he’s not a left back but a winger however Brendan Rodgers tried to convert him.

Again, we have McGuffie and Kennedy for that.

Other interested clubs are Morton and Dundee.

Like I said, it could all be total crap.

We are currently trying to get cash together to keep the club going till the end of the season. Can’t see McGlynn getting funds under those circumstances 

Previous multi posts, and as above post, critical priority will be ensuring we have funding to get us through season. M&S need to try an emulate JJ, a master at somehow getting mediocre/squad players out and upgrades in. 
Interestingly had a bit of banter with a few good bairn friends and got round to the current form of Morrison McKay Nesbitt McGuffie Williamson Hetherington- all who I berated as charlatans late season/early season. On the spot asked if any should get new contracts ? Answers ?

23 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Previous multi posts, and as above post, critical priority will be ensuring we have funding to get us through season. M&S need to try an emulate JJ, a master at somehow getting mediocre/squad players out and upgrades in. 
Interestingly had a bit of banter with a few good bairn friends and got round to the current form of Morrison McKay Nesbitt McGuffie Williamson Hetherington- all who I berated as charlatans late season/early season. On the spot asked if any should get new contracts ? Answers ?

I really think it depends on what league we are in tbh, but Hetherington ,McGuffie and Williamson are probably automatic no for me. 

36 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I really think it depends on what league we are in tbh, but Hetherington ,McGuffie and Williamson are probably automatic no for me. 

Agree with that. The first two are just about passable for this league but that's about it. Williamson's injury record has been a disaster, he's only managed 25 league matches out of a possible 37 so far

If we were promoted I would probably keep Morrison, McKay and Nesbitt. Not convinced they would be good enough to get us out of the Championship but we need to try and move away from this enormous player turnover we have had over the last 5 years 

24 minutes ago, _FFC1876 said:

Good to see Paul Watson back on the bench on Tuesday, thought he’d be out for longer.

F9A64F9A-6801-4350-B56A-9C4D4CF1644B.jpeg

That's wrong he wasn't on the bench, looking like January before he's back going by McGlynn's post match interview. He's going to find it very difficult to displace the current centre back pairing on their current form.

1B38AD34-D9EA-4425-8F6B-35D034F69112.png

11 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

You'll swat Kelty aside on Saturday. Potter will try and shitfest so it might not be an exciting game tbf.

Not that I'd object to Cardle and/or Higgy doing the Pars a favour.

It's about time someone in the league done us a favour and put an end to your unbeaten run. Step up Montrose.

11 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

It's about time someone in the league done us a favour and put an end to your unbeaten run. Step up Montrose.

It will happen at some point and Saturday is a tough game, especially being the 3rd match in the space of a week.

Will be interested to see how the team respond once that first loss is on the board.

4 hours ago, Springfield said:

4 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

3 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Agree with that. The first two are just about passable for this league but that's about it. Williamson's injury record has been a disaster, he's only managed 25 league matches out of a possible 37 so far

If we were promoted I would probably keep Morrison, McKay and Nesbitt. Not convinced they would be good enough to get us out of the Championship but we need to try and move away from this enormous player turnover we have had over the last 5 years 

I think everyone who's deal ends at the end of this season will be gone with the exception of Nesbitt and Oliver who I think are worth offering new deals to along with Burrell and Lawal who I expect he'll probably want to keep a hold of. Of course all four could end up being pish and binned as well, although I don't think that'll happen. I reckon we'll have to operate with a smaller squad, no matter what league we're in so I can see 8 being released with maybe just 4 or 5 (of a better standard) coming in. We'll definitely need a new RB, defensive midfielder, wide mid and possibly a striker or two. Possibility of Alegria and Kennedy returning on loan I would think?

I'm saying this assuming that McGinn, Yeats, Morrison, Donaldson, Henderson, McCann, PJ, Mackie and the youth players all have deals beyond 2023.

2 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

You'll swat Kelty aside on Saturday. Potter will try and shitfest so it might not be an exciting game tbf.

Not that I'd object to Cardle and/or Higgy doing the Pars a favour.

Never understood the state of perma seethe Higginbotham gets himself into when he plays against us.

He never got a particularly hard time from the fans when he played for us and he got his “big” move to England on the back of his time with us.

Perhaps he is just a wee arsehole.