The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Taxi for De Massis said:

So, when was the last time we scored three goals at home, in a meaningful game?

And, what could have been if Alegria hadn’t got his loco self sent off causing him to miss the Montrose game!

Good to be a Bairn, rather satisfying!

End of August mate.

Guest Back Post Misses
34 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Another fantastic attendance tonight at over 3800. Hopefully we’ll get above the 4000 mark on Saturday.

If we could consistently get over 4200 till the end of the season the 400k hole would probably be cut by about 35-40%

Enjoyed that, shame about their goal, just sloppy. Thought Nesbitt put a shift in, had a mate with me from England and he picked him out straight away. I’d like to see Yeats and Kennedy play more time together, bit of youthful hunger  there, just need some game time to gel. When is next mid week game, COYB

1 hour ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

BBC has it as 3287.

1 hour ago, RC55 FFC said:

I thought I heard 3,827

I know that that's over 500 of a difference but whether it's 3827 or 3287, that's a fantastic attendance for a midweek game on a cold October evening in the 3rd tier of Scottish football. Well done to every one of you who went along! 👏👏👏

As said game over after ten minutes. Some very pleasing football and not for the first time looked liked we’d get four/five. Second half puzzling, did we take our foot of the gas? Really not sure but it looked like we simply lost our focus/shape. M&S giving it loud to a few players second half including our captain. 

Lastly if anyone from the club is reading can you stop anyone trying to enter with a drum, does my t….s in and everyone around in agreement. 

9 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

If we could consistently get over 4200 till the end of the season the 400k hole would probably be cut by about 35-40%

Don’t forget Saturdays crowd will be. Boosted by the Kelty fans should add about 34 to the crowd 

1 hour ago, Springfield said:

As said game over after ten minutes. Some very pleasing football and not for the first time looked liked we’d get four/five. Second half puzzling, did we take our foot of the gas? Really not sure but it looked like we simply lost our focus/shape. M&S giving it loud to a few players second half including our captain. 

Lastly if anyone from the club is reading can you stop anyone trying to enter with a drum, does my t….s in and everyone around in agreement. 

I thought all the subs altered the shape too much - I know why he did it to give people minutes or rests but it was too much too soon.

That's 6 games unbeaten since Kelty and I expect us to beat them on the larger pitch this Saturday. Seems to me we've struggled in grounds where the length of the field is relatively shorter?

5 minutes ago, Kevin James Left Knee said:

I thought all the subs altered the shape too much - I know why he did it to give people minutes or rests but it was too much too soon.

That's 6 games unbeaten since Kelty and I expect us to beat them on the larger pitch this Saturday. Seems to me we've struggled in grounds where the length of the field is relatively shorter?

I don't know if theres anything more to Kelty away than a straight up, diabolical performance from too many that day, and a nonsense selection from McGlynn.

Donaldson's one yellow off being suspended, if it is still 5 these days. With Queen of the South & Dunfermline being our next two games after Kelty that's a worry.

As some have mentioned I thought the subs killed off the game last night. Didn't obviously matter in the end but it would have been nice to add another few goals. Even at 3-0 we could have trialled Alegria and Burrell up top together especially with Alegria on a hatrick. 

2 hours ago, Newbornbairn said:

Felt like there was a lot of walk-ups in the KMc. 

Would help if the cash turnstile could be identified & channels set up a bit better by the stewarding. Even a shout down the queue would help.

Since the horrific loss to Airdrie we have played 9 games in the league and have taken 20 out of those 27 points. Amazing the difference having an actual football manager who knows a bit about tactics, formations and substitutions can have.

It's mental to think that just last season we had absolute weapons say that Sheerin and Rennie needed more time and that they would turn it around, even as it was becoming more and more obvious after each game that they were hopelessly out of their depth and incapable of turning it around.