The Falkirk FC Thread

Average points of the champions over the last 5 seasons for this division (excluding covid) is 77 points, or 2.1 points a game

Our average including the first two matches = 1.8

Our average excluding them = 2.1

Dunfermline currently sitting on 2.2 points per game which would take them to 79 points over 36 matches

We're not a million miles away but need to perform consistently from now on. We've been excellent at TFS - as others have said collecting 4 wins from our next 4 home games would be a very good start

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

Guest Caractacus Potts
36 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Average points of the champions over the last 5 seasons for this division (excluding covid) is 77 points, or 2.1 points a game

Our average including the first two matches = 1.8

Our average excluding them = 2.1

Dunfermline currently sitting on 2.2 points per game which would take them to 79 points over 36 matches

We're not a million miles away but need to perform consistently from now on. We've been excellent at TFS - as others have said collecting 4 wins from our next 4 home games would be an excellent start

The last 5 matches would be a 1.6 average and as it stands we have a 1.8 average.

Thing is you can’t just pick and choose matches to describe the average to win the league as every game counts.

We were applauded for our league cup matches so no reason why shouldn’t have got more than a point from the first two. Even if there is reason to discount the first match vs Montrose we haven’t bettered the result from then in our second outing. 

Anyway, we’re there or there abouts at the moment and the players look far more capable of gaining results than last season but as Bairn in Exile says we really can’t afford to get complacent. 

Edited by Caractacus Potts

24 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

The last 5 matches would be a 1.6 average and as it stands we have a 1.8 average.

Thing is you can’t just pick and choose matches to describe the average to win the league as every game counts.

We were applauded for our league cup matches so no reason why shouldn’t have got more than a point from the first two. Even if there is reason to discount the first match vs Montrose we haven’t bettered the result from then in our second outing. 

Anyway, we’re there or there abouts at the moment and the players look far more capable of gaining results than last season but as Bairn in Exile says we really can’t afford to get complacent. 

I'd argue it's a much fairer snapshop than looking at just our last 5 matches - where 4 of those were away from home including Dunfermline and Montrose. 

On reflection our league cup success was largely down to Hibs and Morten being shite. The main indicator would have been the Clyde match which we laboured to win (managing just 6 shots on goal) but breezed by them in the league a few weeks ago (21 shots). We're certainly a better side than we were back in July/ early August and I'm confident our points total will reflect that going forward. I don't think complacency will be a factor, especially after the Kelty game  

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

1 hour ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

I'd argue it's a much fairer snapshop than looking at just our last 5 matches - where 4 of those were away from home including Dunfermline and Montrose. 

On reflection our league cup success was largely down to Hibs and Morten being shite. The main indicator would have been the Clyde match which we laboured to win (managing just 6 shots on goal) but breezed by them in the league a few weeks ago (21 shots). We're certainly a better side than we were back in July/ early August and I'm confident our points total will reflect that going forward. I don't think complacency will be a factor, especially after the Kelty game  

I'd be absolutely gob smacked if complacency was to creep in with McGlynn in charge and McGinn on the pitch!

4 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

Morrison wouldn't or certainly shouldn't have been slaughtered if he'd passed the ball. Kennedy possibly would have been because he was in a very good position to score however. I think Morrison was caught in two minds as there was a defender in close proximity and he may have felt that a pass would have been intercepted. Remember he's only got a second or two to think about it.

Despite the fact that he's clearly a greedy player, I'm sure if there was simple pass on for a Kennedy tap-in he would have squared it.

I was exaggerating to make a point ie on outcome if he’d passed but you’ve expressed better what I meant - there was a defender in the way he had a split second choice, maybe he got it wrong but before seeing highlights the comments on here made it sound like Kennedy was standing on his own ready to tap in! Note: He is greedy and sends me nuts sometimes but on this occasion criticism was a bit harsh. 

Guest Caractacus Potts
25 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Fair enough about the away matches but we really have to go and win away to Kelty and Montrose to keep up the pace and be in with a chance of winning the league. 

For me the second quarter shapes the league. We’ve got a real chance to show our credentials and set down a marker. No 1 ………, 
I dont know if there even CAN be money available for January, but one things for certain, a more compelling case can be made for releasing it if we are top, or very close. I think where we are is fine. As ling as theres a pack that are in touch, stay in there, make your move around Christmas and front-run your way to the title. Keep the side at the top early on (Dinfermline in this case) working like f**k to stay there and wondering why they haven't pulled away, then go past them when they run out of puff.

2 hours ago, RuncornBairn said:

I was exaggerating to make a point ie on outcome if he’d passed but you’ve expressed better what I meant - there was a defender in the way he had a split second choice, maybe he got it wrong but before seeing highlights the comments on here made it sound like Kennedy was standing on his own ready to tap in! Note: He is greedy and sends me nuts sometimes but on this occasion criticism was a bit harsh. 

Aye, completely agree. I wasn't at the game but, like you, thought that he'd tried some really difficult attempt at goal rather than a simple square ball to an unmarked team mate.

26 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
47 minutes ago, Springfield said:
For me the second quarter shapes the league. We’ve got a real chance to show our credentials and set down a marker. No 1 ………, 

I dont know if there even CAN be money available for January, but one things for certain, a more compelling case can be made for releasing it if we are top, or very close. I think where we are is fine. As ling as theres a pack that are in touch, stay in there, make your move around Christmas and front-run your way to the title. Keep the side at the top early on (Dinfermline in this case) working like f**k to stay there and wondering why they haven't pulled away, then go past them when they run out of puff.

Sincerely hope if we can group together some decent results , and we’re in the pack come the transfer window, we’ve got a board that can attract some private investment to bring in maybe 1/2. 

16 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Sincerely hope if we can group together some decent results , and we’re in the pack come the transfer window, we’ve got a board that can attract some private investment to bring in maybe 1/2. 

I’d presume any private investment brought in will be to used to fund the club’s operating deficit, think that’s been made pretty clear recently. If the manager wants to bring players in he’s going to have to move a few out to free up wages. Guys like Sneddon, Hetherington, Wilson, Ross ect who really aren’t being used are expendable if we can somehow persuade another club to take them. Even loaning out two or three to fund one incoming loan player would at least give us the option to freshen the squad a little in January. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

10 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

I’d presume any private investment brought in will be to used to fund the club’s operating deficit, think that’s been made pretty clear recently. If the manager wants to bring players in he’s going to have to move a few out to free up wages. Guys like Sneddon, Hetherington, Wilson, Ross ect who really aren’t being used are expendable if we can somehow persuade another club to take them. Even loaning out two or three to fund one incoming loan player would at least give us the option to freshen the squad a little in January. 

Would bite your hand off if the players quoted can be moved on, reality is that they’ll probably still be here.

It’s Monday night so that means 2 guys chat about the Bairns for an hour or so….🎧🎙

“BOGEYS! That’s exactly what Montrose have become after points were dropped at the weekend. 

Ross and John look back at the game in the company of a man you know, but don’t know, viral sensation Bryce Dixon as well as looking ahead to Alloa with Kieran from the Wasps Nest and onto Kelty this Saturday

There are more funny chants on the Big Question and why can’t we stop watching Falkirk Buses from 1992!

Expect the Unexpected!”