The Falkirk FC Thread

Just to clarify, I don’t think anyone has said we should “easily dispatch them”. However we went there today with a better team than them and on a good run of form so why are we trying to pretend a draw was a good result. Why shouldn’t we have expected to win today? Why can’t we be disappointed that we didn’t? 

We went there today as underdogs (17/10) to win according to bookmakers….

I’m 100% with you. Folk lamenting certain posters being quiet on the back of some good results however it’s the same with the Morrison haters. I really don’t get how anyone can’t see how he’s the most effective attacking player we have.
No doubt he can be frustrating but he’s had the top goal contributions the past couple of seasons. His ability alone creates chances and although he can squander some, I’d much rather have a player willing to have a go than be too scared to shoot.

Mate, if Morrison is our most effective player we are not going up.
He could be our most effective player, if he could learn to cross the ball and learn to judge when we have a better chance to score when there’s someone in space to pass to.
Scoring goals is good but not if as a team we could score even more goals with more effective decision making and more joined up play.
At the moment I think he could be more effective as an impact player from the bench, and I’d rather see Kennedy in his place at the moment…

1 hour ago, JulioBairn said:

Just to clarify, I don’t think anyone has said we should “easily dispatch them”. However we went there today with a better team than them and on a good run of form so why are we trying to pretend a draw was a good result. Why shouldn’t we have expected to win today? Why can’t we be disappointed that we didn’t? 

Really? I was thinking a Falkirk defeat in this one.  I've watched football since the mid 80's and there always been well organised teams with smaller budgets that have punched above their weight. Montrose are one of those teams right now. I thought that was a decent result for Falkirk. We have the same fixture next week and I would take a draw tbh.

Edited by Chubbychops

3 hours ago, Bigbri Bairn said:

Was Yeats not up against Michael Gardyne ? Tough ask for a young lad not used to the position

I would keep McKay in the team at right back he did really well there today including putting in a peach of a cross that Morrison should have thrown himself at . Yeats is a great prospect but it won’t do any harm to rest him 

7 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Surely folk weren't getting carried away about beating Peterhead?

Or maybe it’s the fact we have lost 1 in our last 7 and haven’t conceded a goal from open play since the beginning of September?? Of course you would know better tho. 

10 minutes ago, JulioBairn said:

Or maybe it’s the fact we have lost 1 in our last 7 and haven’t conceded a goal from open play since the beginning of September?? Of course you would know better tho. 

Well, since goals only count from open play I guess you've stumped me. Falkirk should have won today and their failure will sting for weeks.

Guest Caractacus Potts
32 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Mate, if Morrison is our most effective player we are not going up.
He could be our most effective player, if he could learn to cross the ball and learn to judge when we have a better chance to score when there’s someone in space to pass to.
Scoring goals is good but not if as a team we could score even more goals with more effective decision making and more joined up play.
At the moment I think he could be more effective as an impact player from the bench, and I’d rather see Kennedy in his place at the moment…

He could be an even more effective player but he is still our best attacking player.

Take him out the team and we’ll be worse for it.

He scored the first goal vs Peterhead in our 4-0 win.

The first goal in 1-1 vs Dunfermline 

First goal in 3-1 vs Queens 

First goal 3-0 away to Edinburgh

Put us back in front in 3-1 win against Peterhead

First goal in 1-1 draw with Bonnyrigg

Goals change games so really don’t see why anyone would consider replacing Morrison at this moment in time.

He could be an even more effective player but he is still our best attacking player.

Goals change games so really don’t see why anyone would consider replacing Morrison at this moment in time.

I’ve already said he can score goals. He can also miss them, just like the opportunity to score from a free header and the obvious pass to Kennedy today to score. Today alone I could argue he cost us two points…..

33 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

It’d take one game of Morrison being “benched” before we realised what we were missing. Imagine an attacking midfield of Mcguffie Nesbitt Kennedy ffs 

2 hours ago, JulioBairn said:

Because we took 10 points out of 12 from you last season. Because we have been in the play offs every season since we have been in league 1. Something that you haven't. You are in the seaside league on merit.

Guest Caractacus Potts
18 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

It’d take one game of Morrison being “benched” before we realised what we were missing. Imagine an attacking midfield of Mcguffie Nesbitt Kennedy ffs 

It might be the only thing that shows his worth. No offence to those players but honestly can’t fathom why anyone thinks either one should start ahead of Morrison.  

I know, McGuffies goal today wasn’t bad was it? And just think if Morrison learned to pass Kennedy would have scored too….

6 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

I know, McGuffies goal today wasn’t bad was it? And just think if Morrison learned to pass Kennedy would have scored too….

Thankfully we’ll never have to test the quite horrendous theory, as John Mcglynn is an actual football manager. 

Well done to Mcguffie on his first goal of the season. 

Thankfully we’ll never have to test the quite horrendous theory, as John Mcglynn is an actual football manager. 
Well done to Mcguffie on his first goal of the season. 

So let’s just be clear here. Falkirk are only doing well this season due to a single midfielder apparently performing well because according to you the rest of our midfield are shite?
Yes, I think I’ll pass on your judgement too….

7 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

So let’s just be clear here. Falkirk are only doing well this season due to a single midfielder apparently performing well because according to you the rest of our midfield are shite?
Yes, I think I’ll pass on your judgement too….

Way to put words in my mouth! 

Morrison is by far our most influential midfielder. Goals win games and I shudder to think of our goal scoring abilities without him. I honestly think that, without him, we would really struggle.

Does that make him perfect or unselfish? No! 

An attacking midfield of Mcguffie Nesbitt and Kennedy, however? Fine. That is the sole alternative. If that’s what you want then sweet. 

I don’t think a draw away at Montrose is a particularly bad result. But equally it’s yet another game against a top side that we’ve failed to win.

It’s all very well beating your Peterhead’s and Clyde’s but won’t be going up this season either automatically or via the play offs if we cannot beat these top 4 teams.