The Falkirk FC Thread

Not the best, but last season, we would have been well beaten.

The downside is we still can’t do the business against the better sides. We really can’t get to where we want to be by repeatedly and consistently failing to beat Dunfermline, Airdrie or Montrose.

There’s no way we will be down in 6th this season, but equally, we won’t win the league if we don’t start beating those three sides.

16 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Check my posts mate, your way off, I’ve been critical for some time of the club, players, etc. However I’ve given the club  the support/benefit of doubt so far this season, and today was certainly a disappointment. Crying to you mate……you sound like a keyboard warrior and probably attends Fck all games 

Not looking to offend and I spend a fortune taking family away but I'm not looking for that sort of recognition. O just can't believe how far we've fallen. 

35 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Not the best, but last season, we would have been well beaten.

The downside is we still can’t do the business against the better sides. We really can’t get to where we want to be by repeatedly and consistently failing to beat Dunfermline, Airdrie or Montrose.

There’s no way we will be down in 6th this season, but equally, we won’t win the league if we don’t start beating those three sides.

This. 

Unless you think that we are going to win every game, for which there is literally no precedent in football at any level let alone ours, a point at Montrose is absolutely a decent result. In fact, I think when you break it up into quarters, with our next games with the two teams above us, and Airdrie at hone this time around, Montrose away becomes the hardest game of this quarter and the one where a point is most palatable.

Wanting to win every week doesn't mean you need to abandon paying any attention to what's been happening for the last few years, or indeed how association football over a long season actually works.

The days of us having a team that could take 4 or 5 off the likes of Montrose are long gone I'm afraid. It's a good point and the unbeaten run continues. If we win our home games and pick up points the vast majority of away games we'll not be far away. Pars won one nil by an 89th min own goal at home. They aren't pulling up any trees nor are anyone else just now. We do need to sort our finishing our though it's costing us points.

We would have lost that game last season. Its a point gained imo. This league is still very tough, maybe not as wild as the championship in regards results, there's a long way to go, and very little in it I expect that to continue. Dunfermline seem to be a tough nut to crack but they aren't a great side. Penalty box striker required in January for us who can take a chance and we will take a bit of stopping. 

26 minutes ago, JulioBairn said:

Refreshing to hear that McGlynn doesn’t see that as a good point today.

Granted it’s an improvement on previous years but a draw against Montrose can surely never be seen as a good result.

A huge few weeks coming up now, let’s do this 💪🏼

That'll do for me. MCGlynn bang on the money 

Of course we won’t win every game but we need to get rid of this losers mentality. A draw at Montrose is not a good result no matter how pish we were last year. Finishing 4th is not an achievement no matter where we finished last year.

We are on a good run but unfortunately we never turned up today. If we had we would’ve won the game. At least McGlynn gets that and didn’t try and dress that up as anything other than disappointing today.

I fancy we’ll bounce back on Tuesday 

1 minute ago, JulioBairn said:

Of course we won’t win every game but we need to get rid of this losers mentality. A draw at Montrose is not a good result no matter how pish we were last year. Finishing 4th is not an achievement no matter where we finished last year.

We are on a good run but unfortunately we never turned up today. If we had we would’ve won the game. At least McGlynn gets that and didn’t try and dress that up as anything other than disappointing today.

I fancy we’ll bounce back on Tuesday 

Julio aka John McGlynn

Why are folk hanging up on the fact that it's Montrose? They are a side who have been equal to or better than us for basically all of our time in this league. I guess there are a few cases of folk still not understanding why we are at the level we are at. 

We started off the season almost unanimously wanting to make the playoffs. No one was talking the title except for some forlorn vague hope that miracles happen. 

Now wev got folk turning their noses up at a point away to a fellow contender, who chucked us about like empty tracksuits as recently as last season. 

Of course you can criticise the performance and make a point about where maybe we could have won the game, but anyone trying to make the rather bare, lazy point that we "should be beating Montrose" is either utterly delusional, or their brain started buffering in 2017 and hasn't kicked in again yet. 

Guest Caractacus Potts
2 hours ago, bairn88 said:

Morrison needs some time on the bench - LOL I’ve read it all now. Our most important player. 

I’m 100% with you. Folk lamenting certain posters being quiet on the back of some good results however it’s the same with the Morrison haters. I really don’t get how anyone can’t see how he’s the most effective attacking player we have.

No doubt he can be frustrating but he’s had the top goal contributions the past couple of seasons. His ability alone creates chances and although he can squander some, I’d much rather have a player willing to have a go than be too scared to shoot.

13 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Any Falkirk/Dunfermline fan thinking their team should just show up and easily dispatch Montrose on their own patch is deluded.

They're a decent side with good players and an excellent coach.

Just to clarify, I don’t think anyone has said we should “easily dispatch them”. However we went there today with a better team than them and on a good run of form so why are we trying to pretend a draw was a good result. Why shouldn’t we have expected to win today? Why can’t we be disappointed that we didn’t?