The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest FFC1965
1 hour ago, Donathan said:

Andy Rodgers has announced his retirement from football. I genuinely had no idea he was still playing. Feels like about three lifetimes ago that he was a Bairn.

Sentimentally, I have to think he’s one of the last ever players who played at Brockville to still be actively playing the game. He’s not the very last, because Craig Gordon was between the sticks for Hearts when we beat them 4-0 in the Scottish Cup during the last season at Brockville. In terms of Falkirk players, Lee Miller is still playing at East Kilbride, with the first of his few spells for Falkirk coming at Brockville.

They are the only two who immediately come to mind. Can anyone think of any others who have played at Brockville and are still playing today? 

Id wondered if any of the Everton squad who played at Brockville in April 2002 might still be playing now.   

Tony Hibbert is the nearest I can get - he is playing amateur football in France now but didn't feature at Brockville that night.  

https://bettermeddle.org.uk/archive/match.php?season=2002&id=201&type=1 

https://www.toffeeweb.com/season/01-02/reports/falkirk_f.asp

2 hours ago, Donathan said:

Andy Rodgers has announced his retirement from football. I genuinely had no idea he was still playing. Feels like about three lifetimes ago that he was a Bairn.

Sentimentally, I have to think he’s one of the last ever players who played at Brockville to still be actively playing the game. He’s not the very last, because Craig Gordon was between the sticks for Hearts when we beat them 4-0 in the Scottish Cup during the last season at Brockville. In terms of Falkirk players, Lee Miller is still playing at East Kilbride, with the first of his few spells for Falkirk coming at Brockville.

They are the only two who immediately come to mind. Can anyone think of any others who have played at Brockville and are still playing today? 

Dougie Hill was a youth player that season so I assume he would have been involved in youth/reserve games. He's still playing for Kelty.

8 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

I'd be offering a new contract to Yeats and Burrell right now 

Queen of the South losing against Kelty last night. Genuinely thought they would be up at the top end challenging with us, Pars and Airdrie but certainly hasn't worked out that way. Ruth yet to score but he has only started one game tbf 

Theyve paid the penalty for sticking with the boy that they went down under. Something we've been dab hands of over the last couple of decades with McKinnon and Presley .

1 hour ago, FFC 1876 said:

Good piece in the Falkirk Herald this week about the FSS, hopefully increases the reach and gets more people on board. 

https://www.falkirkherald.co.uk/sport/football/falkirk-supporters-society-all-you-need-to-know-about-fan-ownership-and-an-interview-with-co-founder-stuart-adam-3877595

Good read. 

This was on FB earlier too;

9A260ABD-B802-4E9D-A0C9-DF33ADF6D1D7.jpeg

Edited by RC55 FFC

24 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

TV, perhaps?

Notice Mo V Airdrie also moved to the Friday night, expect a few others will be too rather than play on Christmas Eve perhaps. It'll be an  early Christmas present for Falkirk anyway. 

Good Interview with McCann for Saturdays game, way he comes across he will go into coaching when he does end up retiring but good to hear him talking about last season and saying the whole team let the fans down and saying he isn't one to shy away:

Edited by AL-FFC

1 hour ago, AL-FFC said:

Good Interview with McCann for Saturdays game, way he comes across he will go into coaching when he does end up retiring but good to hear him talking about last season and saying the whole team let the fans down and saying he isn't one to shy away:

I think this is one of my favourite player interviews so far, very open about this season, last season and how it is to play. Sad to hear he was struggling mentally last season but I am not surprised, it was hard enough for the fans never mind feeling the weight of that responsibility on your shoulders. But hopefully makes them all appreciate these good times a bit better and pushes them to play harder for it - they know what can happen when they lose their quality. 

He really has been excellent this season and has been a stand out in almost every single game, defensively but also down the wing and attacking. Hope he keeps the form up! 

12 hours ago, AL-FFC said:

Best left back in the league and @Back Post Misses knows it.