The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Back Post Misses
53 minutes ago, Shabba said:

King’s coronation on 6th may, supposed to be the last game of season. Selfish 

We will crown the Champions that day 

15 hours ago, gav-ffc said:

Looking for a pass rather than wildly shooting like he was last year also. 

Playing devil's advocate, maybe this season there is a player in the right place for him to pass to so he doesn't have to wildly shoot?

19 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

Seen a fair few mentions on here of offering Burrell a new deal and it was mentioned again on Falkirk daft which got me thinking back to when we announced him.

Took the below from McGlynn's comments when Burrell signed and I actually think all of the players we signed on one year deals had something similar in the announcements so hopefully that means we ourselves have the option to extend the deals if we wish.

PJ Morrison
Stephen McGinn
Gary Oliver
Ola Lawal
Rumarn Burrell

it’s a one-year contract and if he does well there’s an opportunity to extend that

Rumarn Burrell, Ola Lawal and Stephen McGinn get one year deals.

Jaime Wilson and Seb Ross got two year deals.

Gary Holt says: "we had to give them 2 year deals to get them to sign".

I f*cking hate Gary Holt more with every passing day!

42 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Rumarn Burrell, Ola Lawal and Stephen McGinn get one year deals.

Jaime Wilson and Seb Ross got two year deals.

Gary Holt says: "we had to give them 2 year deals to get them to sign".

I f*cking hate Gary Holt more with every passing day!

It was all a big joke to him. 

The way McGlynn talked when Burrell signed, it very much sounded like a one year with the option to extend. They spoke about it on Falkirk Daft and I’d tend to agree, I think he’s worth putting another deal down in front of. We’ve seen enough from him already.

Guest Caractacus Potts

Hopefully Burrells finishing will come but I think his pace and control are causing havoc for defences and allowing us to get forward as teams are scared of pushing further up. Like Morrison, he’s creating chances for himself and others so as long as the rest of the team chip in with goals then it’ll take the pressure off him to score. 

Would definitely get him tied down on a longer deal along with Yeats. Morrison needs a new deal too as believe his runs out at the end of the season. Only issue will be if we can afford it. 

I'd be offering a new contract to Yeats and Burrell right now 

Queen of the South losing against Kelty last night. Genuinely thought they would be up at the top end challenging with us, Pars and Airdrie but certainly hasn't worked out that way. Ruth yet to score but he has only started one game tbf 

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

30 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

I'd be offering a new contract to Yeats and Burrell right now 

Queen of the South losing against Kelty last night. Genuinely thought they would be up at the top end challenging with us, Pars and Airdrie but certainly hasn't worked out that way. Ruth yet to score but he has only started one game tbf 

Yeats signed a two year deal in the summer.

On 10/10/2022 at 21:01, RC55 FFC said:

Monday night is upon us again troops ⚽🎧🎙

Another great show guys.  Really enjoying these!  Think it probably helps that theres a bit of positivity(on the field at least) around the club this season so the podcast has come at a good time...not sure I'd enjoy it so much analysing some of the games from the past few seasons!  But full credit to you guys..

p.s loved the rendition of that Walter Rojas song, that me laugh out loud as the kids say! 

43 minutes ago, fuzzydunlop said:

Another great show guys.  Really enjoying these!  Think it probably helps that theres a bit of positivity(on the field at least) around the club this season so the podcast has come at a good time...not sure I'd enjoy it so much analysing some of the games from the past few seasons!  But full credit to you guys..

p.s loved the rendition of that Walter Rojas song, that me laugh out loud as the kids say! 

Oh I don’t know. I’d love to have torn into some of the charlatans who have worn the navy blue on the podcast rather than just with my mates 😂

Cheers for listening to us ramble 👍🏼

Goalkeeper 
PJ Morrison - June 2023 - option of another year
Paddy Martin - June 2023

Defenders
Blair Sneddon - June 2023
Ryan Williamson - June 2023
Brad Mckay - June 2024
Leon McCann - June 2024
Paul Watson - June 2023
Liam Henderson - June 2024
Coll Donaldson - June 2024
Sean Mackie - June 2024

Midfielders
Stephen Mcginn - June 2023 - option of another year
Callumn Morrison - June 2024
Steven Hetherington - June 2023
Aidan Nesbitt - June 2023
Craig Mcguffie - June 2023
Seb Ross - June 2023
Finn Yeats - June 2024
Ola Lawal - June 2023 - option of another year
Pearse Carroll (A) - June 2024
Lennon Walker (A) - June 2023
Scott Honeyman (A) - June 2023

Strikers
Rumarn Burrell - June 2023 - option of another year
Gary Oliver - June 2023 - option of another year
Jaime Wilson - June 2023
Finlay Malcolm - June 2023
Kyle Connolly (A) - June 2023?

Obviously very early in the day to be looking at contract extensions but I thought I'd just give a rundown of where we are with the current squad. Kyle Connolly didn't have any sort of timeframe on his announcement so I'm assuming it's just a year.

Andy Rodgers has announced his retirement from football. I genuinely had no idea he was still playing. Feels like about three lifetimes ago that he was a Bairn.

Sentimentally, I have to think he’s one of the last ever players who played at Brockville to still be actively playing the game. He’s not the very last, because Craig Gordon was between the sticks for Hearts when we beat them 4-0 in the Scottish Cup during the last season at Brockville. In terms of Falkirk players, Lee Miller is still playing at East Kilbride, with the first of his few spells for Falkirk coming at Brockville.

They are the only two who immediately come to mind. Can anyone think of any others who have played at Brockville and are still playing today?