The Falkirk FC Thread

The podcast is excellent, makes looking forward to a Monday a touch easier. 

Got to agree, didn't realise this was something we were missing but it makes a huge difference and despite being 'unofficial' it feels like it brings you closer to the club every week.
Long may it continue and well done to those involved

The podcasts are excellent, really enjoying them. Thanks to the guys who have been giving up their time to do them.

Good to hear FSS membership has increased to 550 and to sell 2,369 season tickets is a phenomenal effort considering what we've had to endure on the park for the last few years 

13 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

The podcasts are excellent, really enjoying them. Thanks to the guys who have been giving up their time to do them.

Good to hear FSS membership has increased to 550 and to sell 2,369 season tickets is a phenomenal effort considering what we've had to endure on the park for the last few years 

It’s some amount to have sold & means we are seeing at least 1000 walk ups which must be helping the money side as it’s certainly helping our home form too. 

19 hours ago, Springfield said:

Probably one of the more critical fans with this bunch, “charlatans” I’ve used frequently.
Ugly enough to hold hand(s) up high if I’ve got these guys wrong (McGuffie aside) and certainly don’t mind the humble pie….. 

Whilst it's great to see these guys playing better you still could ask why these guys let their standards drop so far last season.  Poor managers or not they should be giving 100 percent every time they put on the navy blue.

Seen a fair few mentions on here of offering Burrell a new deal and it was mentioned again on Falkirk daft which got me thinking back to when we announced him.

Took the below from McGlynn's comments when Burrell signed and I actually think all of the players we signed on one year deals had something similar in the announcements so hopefully that means we ourselves have the option to extend the deals if we wish.

PJ Morrison
Stephen McGinn
Gary Oliver
Ola Lawal
Rumarn Burrell

it’s a one-year contract and if he does well there’s an opportunity to extend that

1 hour ago, Shodwall cat said:

Whilst it's great to see these guys playing better you still could ask why these guys let their standards drop so far last season.  Poor managers or not they should be giving 100 percent every time they put on the navy blue.

I think for some players it depends who they're playing with.  Nobody is going to stand out in a midfield with Hetherington and Gary Miller.  Probably the reason so many of our cast offs have gone on to do ok elsewhere in recent times.  

Edited by Proudtobeabairn

1 hour ago, Shodwall cat said:

They definitely downed tools and that is clear especially now. But equally if anyone turns up to a job, even if they are trained for it, but it relies on other members of a team but no one knows what anyone is doing because there is no clear direction, or plan, or communication, then the job is 10 times harder and won't work cohesively. It's clear now that the direction and plan McGlynn has is allowing them to thrive. And you can see it when they play, quite a lot of predicted passes assuming someone will be there as planned and more often than not they are. 

Those long ball stats basically confirm what we already knew - that our football is sexy and supporting morten is depressing as f**k.

Take McGinn out of the side and the average age of the team that started the last 3 matches was 23. Feels like the club is getting its identity back and McGlynn has got to take a lot of credit for that 

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

3 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

I don't think mcguffie and especially nesbitt could be accused of not trying previously. Nesbitt used to run around like a headless chicken, plenty of effort but was just not at the races. He's a different player now but with the same energy imo. 

Just now, Believe The Hype said:

I don't think mcguffie and especially nesbitt could be accused of not trying previously. Nesbitt used to run around like a headless chicken, plenty of effort but was just not at the races. He's a different player now but with the same energy imo. 

Nesbitt isnt mentally checking out of games anymore, and has a defined final product. He previously lacked that and as sure as shit, at any point in a game last season where he tried his first no-look, "round the corner" type pass, you knew that was him absolutely out of the game. 

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Nesbitt isnt mentally checking out of games anymore, and has a defined final product. He previously lacked that and as sure as shit, at any point in a game last season where he tried his first no-look, "round the corner" type pass, you knew that was him absolutely out of the game. 

Looking for a pass rather than wildly shooting like he was last year also. 

On 10/10/2022 at 13:15, ShaggerG said:

I think there was contact although he certainly dived. Much like the incident with the Clyde goalie. I think South Americans are coached into it, or maybe it's in their DNA although I'm shocked that Sevco haven't managed to get him to stamp it out!! :o

I wouldnt have it down to just South Americans, a lot of strikers and midfielders will pull that move out the bag but the more experienced wont do it on a yellow card. 

On 10/10/2022 at 15:04, Jimmy1876 said:

Think McGlynn needs commended on some of the turn arounds from last season. Nesbitt, McKay, McGuffie, Williamson (pre injury game) and Morrison (although possibly just him recovering from his injury) have all been on a consistent upward trend since he came in. 

I wouldnt have Williamson as a turnaround as of yet, one good game against poor oppostion aint turn around for me, it just shows what he is capable of and hasnt came close to. 

The rest 100% especially McKay and could even add McCann who was for me stop start last season

There will be probably 5 changes in our 11 from our season opening game against Montrose on Saturday and 7/8/9 players who werent in our usual 11 from last season. As much as the finance has been tight, we have operated well enough to get the rotten out of our 11

On 10/10/2022 at 12:46, FFC 1876 said:

The Luke McGuire video the club have just posted gives the perfect angle of the Alegria dive.

Correct decision from the ref and hopefully it stops him from doing it again, just a shame they aren't more consistent with it. 

I'm just glad we weren't playing Dunfermline. They'd have been sending the video off to the beaks asking for him to be banned for the rest of the season .

Guest Back Post Misses
7 hours ago, Brockvillenomore said:

This is very interesting and confirms what we see every Saturday. We’re playing decent football. 

A74DA299-E978-4449-9B80-49FF071D16FA.jpeg

Load of shite. the Fife Vermin should be bottom