The Falkirk FC Thread

35 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

The Luke McGuire video the club have just posted gives the perfect angle of the Alegria dive.

Correct decision from the ref and hopefully it stops him from doing it again, just a shame they aren't more consistent with it. 

I think there was contact although he certainly dived. Much like the incident with the Clyde goalie. I think South Americans are coached into it, or maybe it's in their DNA although I'm shocked that Sevco haven't managed to get him to stamp it out!! :o

2 hours ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

Please stop crowdwanking. Everyone else rips the push out of us for it

On Saturday 17th September we had the 3rd highest attendance in Scottish football, away to Dunfermline. Take a look at the fixtures for 5th November, we'll have the 2nd highest attendance in Scottish football that day, beaten only by Celtic playing at Parkhead. Are you really saying that we shouldn't be proud of that fact? That our loyal, suffering fanbase don't deserve to be proud of their backing of the club? We have every right to be shouting it from the rooftops. Your St Mirrens, Partick Thistles, St Johnstones and other provincial clubs playing higher up the pyramid would love to have the support that we give our club, even as we languish in the 3rd tier. F*ck 'em taking the pish, in their hearts those other clubs' fans are as jealous as hell.

Edited by Bairn in Exile

14 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

On Saturday 17th September we had the 3rd highest attendance in Scottish football, away to Dunfermline. Take a look at the fixtures for 5th November, we'll have the 2nd highest attendance in Scottish football that day, beaten only by Celtic playing at Parkhead. Are you really saying that we shouldn't be proud of that fact? That our loyal, suffering fanbase don't deserve to be proud of their backing of the club? We have every right to be shouting it from the rooftops. Your St Mirrens, Motherwells and other provincial clubs playing higher up the pyramid would love to have the support that we give our club, even as we languish in the 3rd tier. F*ck 'em taking the pish, in their hearts they are as jealous as hell.

My own personal take on this is that us, along with every other diddy fan who attends their club can take some personal pride that they didn't choose to follow the many from their local catchment who picked either cheek of the poisonous arse. And given our position, we also can take some degree of collective pride in what we have going at Falkirk. Its not worth a lot though really. Im not sure it ought to be used as something to beat other clubs over the head with, but equally, I dont think taking some degree of pride in it is anything to be ashamed of. 

Really enjoying the story of the match videos that the club have been doing. These montages put Sportscene to shame tbh

Someone needs to have a word with Alegria, he's not playing for Sevco so is very unlikely to be given a non existent foul. In two games now he's gone down very easily despite being in a fantastic position to score 

1 minute ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Really enjoying the story of the match videos that the club have been doing. These montages put Sportscene to shame tbh

The club publish them, but all the filming and editing is done by a volunteer. He's the son of a former staff member, is a diehard Bairns fan and does it in his spare time outwith his Uni course in filmmaking. Really nice lad too. I've known him for years as I had a lot of time for his mum when she worked at the club. 

7 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

Been mentioned before but Nesbitt on 7 assists after 9 games, last season he had 4 in 34 appearances, 3 of which were in the first 4 games.

That’s in league 1 only no including the league cup etc.

McGlynn also seems to rate him highly as he's rarely ever taken off. Unlucky not to have 3 assists from Saturday given Kai Kennedy's ended up an og. 

His awareness for the Morrison goal at the weekend and the Morrison goal against the scum was top notch.

35 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

Been mentioned before but Nesbitt on 7 assists after 9 games, last season he had 4 in 34 appearances, 3 of which were in the first 4 games.

That’s in league 1 only no including the league cup etc.

Think McGlynn needs commended on some of the turn arounds from last season. Nesbitt, McKay, McGuffie, Williamson (pre injury game) and Morrison (although possibly just him recovering from his injury) have all been on a consistent upward trend since he came in. 

21 minutes ago, Jimmy1876 said:

Think McGlynn needs commended on some of the turn arounds from last season. Nesbitt, McKay, McGuffie, Williamson (pre injury game) and Morrison (although possibly just him recovering from his injury) have all been on a consistent upward trend since he came in. 

Probably one of the more critical fans with this bunch, “charlatans” I’ve used frequently.
Ugly enough to hold hand(s) up high if I’ve got these guys wrong (McGuffie aside) and certainly don’t mind the humble pie….. 

Another positive worth noting is the speed at which we move up the pitch. I had criticised McGlynn in the past for us bringing everyone back defending set plays (especially after losing two goals from them at Dundee)

But despite that we've defended two corners at Dunfermline and Peterhead where Hogarth has plucked the ball out of the air and 12 seconds later Morrison is rolling it in to the opposition net for a tap in. Lovely stuff. 

Not surprising to hear Morrison mention in his interview that it's something they've been working on in training.

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

20 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Another positive worth noting is the speed at which we move up the pitch. I had criticised McGlynn in the past for us bringing everyone back defending set plays (especially after losing two goals from them at Dundee)

But despite that we've defended two corners at Dunfermline and Montrose where Hogarth has plucked the ball out of the air and 12 seconds later Morrison is rolling it in to the opposition net for a tap in. Lovely stuff. 

Not surprising to hear Morrison mention in his interview that it's something they've been working on in training.

Burrell gets on his bike rapid in these situations, really makes for some dangerous potential situations. Centre halfs at any level dont like sprinting toward their own goal far less in a footrace with someone like him who also has a good first touch. First Falkirk team in years who can genuinely cut through you in 2 or 3 passes.

Sort of half alluded to with the chat about the centre halfs, but I like how they move they whole team forward too. Always one of them looking to carry the ball out a few yards, and both always available to take a pass and shift the ball over to the other side quickly. Our attacking play can be quite relentless sometimes because if it doesnt work first time theres McGinn and the centre halfs there to take a pass backwards and shift the angle. Theres a real cohesion and strategy to it all compared to any of the last few teams since Hartleys Jan-May side. 

1 hour ago, Springfield said:

Probably one of the more critical fans with this bunch, “charlatans” I’ve used frequently.
Ugly enough to hold hand(s) up high if I’ve got these guys wrong (McGuffie aside) and certainly don’t mind the humble pie….. 

Don't worry I think almost everyone is eating that humble pie when it comes to that group, me included 😂 can't complain about that though