The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Taxi for De Massis said:

It’s a joy to watch highlights like yesterday

• we see a team and not 11 bodies on a pitch wondering why they are there
  • the way that players encourage each other when a goal has been scored
  • the way that players encourage each other to do better
  • we finally have leaders, something we have sorely missed
  • the fans bringing a Colombian flag was a nice touch and I’m sure was appreciated by Alegria

Feels good, feels weird but it feels right!

Last sentence so true and sums up most fans feelings, was with some bairns now exiled in the granite city at PH. They don’t always get to games, but sitting in the Grill in Aberdeen last night sampling(maybe just necking) some fine whiskies, felt right bloody good. Weird ? FFS were Falkirk 🙄

Edited by Springfield

That's my third trip up to Peterhead since we were relegated and the first time I'd seen us score a goal. Have to agree with what was said about the Two centre halves they are an absolute pleasure to watch. Peterhead are probably the worst side I've watched this season though but I've read they have a lot of injuries. 

Kennedy has to start over McGuffie for me. He's the weak link out of Morrison and Nesbitt right now. I'm not Nesbitts biggest fan but he looks a completely different player this year and with 7 assists already he's doing some graft. Morrison can also be infuriating to watch but he's on his way to double figures in goals. Think a lot of people will realise how good a player he is once he leaves the club. 

Give Burrell a five year contract and sign Alegria just for the box office factor 😂

7 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Quite a few posters go missing when we win 

Yep. I'm guessing that's just a dig at some of the newer posters on here, but when it comes to the FB pages it's 100% accurate. 

In recent years after we lost there would be a dozen new posts every Saturday evening demanding players managers / BOD members be sacked immediately. Usually with a hundred comments afterwards debating the pros and cons of what the OP wanted. 

Nowadays you get three or four positive posts which each garner about 25 likes. 

It seems most people only log on when they have something to complain about. 

3 hours ago, Bigbri Bairn said:

Any body else having the feeling that this lovely balloon we are getting carried away in is going to pop and we are going to hit the ground with an almighty thud. Its the Falkirk wayemoji1787.pngemoji1787.pngemoji1787.png

Not this time, we actually look convincing now. Haven’t said that for years. Even houstons 2016 2nd place was full of shitfesting and last minute goals.  Sure we’re in league 1 now but we actually look like a competent team who are capable and of beating the opposition comfortably- most of the time, which should be enough to get us out of here.

it feels different now

51 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Yep. I'm guessing that's just a dig at some of the newer posters on here, but when it comes to the FB pages it's 100% accurate. 

In recent years after we lost there would be a dozen new posts every Saturday evening demanding players managers / BOD members be sacked immediately. Usually with a hundred comments afterwards debating the pros and cons of what the OP wanted. 

There Had to be somewhere from all the one f’rs to go to

onedindoom

It is really good to see us beating the teams we should beat and doing so with a bit of flair. Now we can shout " get the subs on " with a bit of confidence that they can change things. The horror of being beat on the park and looking at the subs with horror appears over for now. McGlynn said last week that he thought it would take a few games for the team to gel but we are starting to see whats possible from them. Empty jersey Nesbit is now a bit of a star.
Big test i think will be next week and the Airdrie game. If the team has any spirit they will be keen to get our doing from Airdrie revenged. Hopeful but still wary

I can think of at least four who have posted negativity (occasionally justifiably, often not) regularly for a few seasons now, but go missing when things are on the up so definitely not just new posters….

8 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

6 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

I can think of at least four who have posted negativity (occasionally justifiably, often not) regularly for a few seasons now, but go missing when things are on the up so definitely not just new posters….

Most people like to have a moan and vent when things are going wrong, but very few praise when things are going well. But surely that is just human nature?

Are people more likely to complain than praise?

People naturally tend to complain more than they compliment or tip someone on a job well done. Why? Simply because they're too busy. If it doesn't solve some of their problems it's unconsciously seen as a waste of time.

Huge game now coming up on Saturday.  Let's just hope there is no more bloody injuries between now and then.  Blow losing Algeria as an option although he can have few complaints unfortunately. Just wish refs would be more consistent and book players every time they went down far too easy instead of once in a blue moon. Confidence should be sky high and hopefully we'll take the game right to them.

6 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Most people like to have a moan and vent when things are going wrong, but very few praise when things are going well. But surely that is just human nature?

Are people more likely to complain than praise?

People naturally tend to complain more than they compliment or tip someone on a job well done. Why? Simply because they're too busy. If it doesn't solve some of their problems it's unconsciously seen as a waste of time.

After a good win like Saturday the first few posters post match have pretty much said it all - fantastic performance.  No point having 12 pages of everyone saying the same thing.  We're playing very well - long may it continue!