The Falkirk FC Thread

45 minutes ago, Big chungus said:

Aidan Nesbitt with 7 assists so far this season! If he can just add some goals to his game he could become a real key player for us. 

Sounds like he already is.

Edited by printer

Guest FFC1965

Couldn't make it today but now buzzing already for next Saturday.

Just over 90 mins on the train from home near Haymarket in Edinburgh and a few beers before & after.

Team looks like its got a bit of steel about it with competition for places too. 

It wont be easy but a win would take us onto 2 points per game which would put us in a great position. 

DAFC v FC Edin  next Saturday too, both cant win.  

6 hours ago, Bigbri Bairn said:

Next week is a big one. Montrose have a decent team and are always drilled well on what is needed. 3 points would be brilliant as i can see a lot of teams dropping points against them

It’s a good test, but they didn’t score against Clyde today when it was 11 v 11. In fact, they were getting beat until Clyde went down to 10 men.

If we are now believing in this defence, then we really need to be winning next week. I don’t think a win for us would be easy to get, but for the first time in a long time, it shouldn’t be a surprise. 
McGlynn’s starting line up effectively picks itself. Alegria and McGuffie should be the only changes.

I think we have all become conditioned to doing well up until we face Montrose or Airdrie, then we’ve been settling for “Ah well, we’re not quite there yet”. It’s time for the team to put that kind of patter to bed.

8 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

I think we have all become conditioned to doing well up until we face Montrose or Airdrie, then we’ve been settling for “Ah well, we’re not quite there yet”. It’s time for the team to put that kind of patter to bed.

This.

NO. MORE. EXCUSES.

4 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

This.

NO. MORE. EXCUSES.

Maybe it’s foolish to say so early after the shite we’ve endured, but theirs definitely a better feeling around the club.

Peterhead without saying had a few players out, but we looked in total control at all times, albeit with some terrible challenges which the ref chose to ignore but got the red card spot on.

Good football teams have a strong spine, M&S have cleverly brought in a new back four, an experienced captain and somehow has installed change/belief in guys like Morrison Nesbitt and McGuffie.
We have a very strong bench which we’ve not had since Gingers squad.

CF slot gives me slight concern and still think if we could possibly bring in another at the transfer window could be key to winning this league.

As with the last two posts, Montrose and teams like Airdrie, we need to be win, no more excuses.

That was satisfying yesterday - we would have struggled much more inn the past breaking them down. We are on the up and next week I hope will confirm it,

My fav moment though which says something about how we are motivated now as a team: Donaldson in anger shouting at Morrison "That's shite. Be confident. Four chances! Four chances!". Last year we would have been meek. I love this centre-half pairing.

👇🏼 A reminder that ALL fans signed up to FSS by Monday 31st October will be in the monthly draw to win a packed bucket of beers pre match in the Brockville Bar (KM Stand) next month - at the Pars game if you fancy - courtesy of the Falkirk Daft podcast. 1st prize is boardroom hospitality donated by the directors too but I know it’s all about the free beer for most of us 😉

And if you haven’t had a listen or watch yet, find out about our first 11 episodes here whether it’s YouTube, Apple, Spotify or wherever you get your podcasts - https://linktr.ee/falkirkdaft

CA1262A7-6F5A-4EA5-8A89-059D37971073.thumb.jpeg.36c37a66f60e4cf227dcf3c8bd2c4c2d.jpeg

Another very pleasing result yesterday. Burrell causes absolute havoc, the first touch for that second chance is sublime he just needs to be more ruthless infront of goal. Morrison already on 5 goals and Nesbitt with 7/8 assists is a fantastic return so early on in the season. Kennedy should have earned himself a place in the starting line up next week after his assists.

Love the way Donaldson slaps all our goal scorers over the head in the celebrations. A few with concussions by the end of the season hopefully 
Can remember before Gary Miller aged like Dorian Grays painting, when he hit a seam of decent form, his goal celebrations were delightfully over the top. He landed a DDT on someone one time. Love seeing someone having a right good time celebrating a goal.