The Falkirk FC Thread

Been in total control of this game and 1-0 absolutely flatters Peterhead so far but we’ve been incredibly wasteful in front of goal. Morrison and twice Burrell missing when they should be scoring Burrells first especially looked harder to miss.

Peterhead had 1 attack in the half and it let to our goal. Very reminiscent of our goal at Dunfermline with good play from Burrell play in Nesbitt and Morrison to tap in at the back post. Great kick out from Hogarth as well to set it up.

Wouldn’t be surprised if we changed it soon and went to the diamond. With the back 5 Burrell has been isolated for a lot of the half.

Guest Back Post Misses

As easy a win as we will ever get. Peterhead were a disgrace, leaving the boot in all over. 19 and the donut at the back (McDonald I think) particularly guilty. 
Had we won by 7 or 8 it would not have flattered us. 

Watched on Falkirk TV, thoroughly outplayed Peterhead and our starting 11 is just looking so solid. My only criticism would be for the subs that came on giving away silly silly fouls when we were 4-0 up. The last 10 minutes just felt messier. 

Including Partick that’s 3 clean sheets in 3 games. I was a bit worried when McGlynn first came in that he didn’t bring in forward players other than Oliver and we wouldn’t score enough goals.

Its evident now that his plan was to firstly, solidify the team by improving our defence and and adding steel with McGinn.

He’s now clearly improved the forward players confidence and we look like a good team.

He’s also made a marked difference to the performances of McGuffie, Nesbit and McKay

All of this has been done in a relatively short period of time. I genuinely believe we can win the league this season. 

It shows the difference having a good manager can make.

Well done John and a big thanks from me.

Guest Ecosse83

4-0 what a nice surprise that was checking the score abroad. Internet took ages loading that up bit was worth the wait! 

What a job Mcglynn has done so far 👏

Guest Back Post Misses
22 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

Brilliant win. As been said, had we won by 6, 7 or even 8 goals, they couldn’t have complained. Annoying to have Alegria suspended next week though. 

Kai Kennedy should start next week in place of McGuffie. Technically he is spot on