The Falkirk FC Thread

9 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

You tell us why? 

I know exactly why...as do you I suspect.  But if it suits everyone to keep pretending that three directors have resigned in the past 10 months due to 'personal reasons' or 'time commitments' then I'm happy to play along.

1 hour ago, RC_Bairn said:

I've just given you several examples where money has been squandered.  If that's what you call a 'tight ship' then I hope I never set sail with you.

I'm not disputing they gave a decent and enhanced budget this season.  But here we are 1/4 of the way through the season and we're hearing the money is running out.  Hardly wise decision making?

What do I suggest they do?  Upping the budget in January was a mistake, as is paying for a new training facility.

Tell us, oh wise one, why did the finance director resign?

Correct me if I am wrong but wasn't one of the criticisms of the last BoD most of them were from a financial accountancy background, and does everything that happen at the club need to come with an agenda there could be a million reasons why he resigned the financial plight might be a factor tor then it might not.

No matter what happens regardless whether it be club decisions, playing decisions no one is ever going to get it right if they kept quiet about the money then they would be criticised if they didn't they are still criticised. if we didn't have the signings we have they would have been moaned at for lack of transfer activity or "Meh" signings. Kelty game McGlynn was the villain for changing the team selection and positions then we get a convincing win over Partick and great performance again Clyde and pick up away against Dunfermline, he's back to hero.

You can read into things over analyse things truth is no one makes perfect decisions it is what it is, you run with the punches and adjust where needed.

46 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

Were hardly building a whole new training facility from the ground up everything is there already.

Pitch hire fees are an unnecessary expense in our situation when there is a perfectly adequate if tired pitch available for free.

I also believe there were significant sums spent on equipment for little kerse.

18 minutes ago, RC_Bairn said:

I know exactly why...as do you I suspect.  But if it suits everyone to keep pretending that three directors have resigned in the past 10 months due to 'personal reasons' or 'time commitments' then I'm happy to play along.

I don’t know that is why I am asking you. 

10 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Pitch hire fees are an unnecessary expense in our situation when there is a perfectly adequate if tired pitch available for free.

You know what. There is something in trying to make us better as a club and investing in the right areas. If we were looking at everything purely on cost then we would not have any development squad either, fitness coach, GK coach FT (he maybe PT I don’t really know) guys doing analysis probably. 

2 hours ago, RC_Bairn said:

I don't think the new board are immune from criticism over the financial position.   They increased the playing budget in January to bring in Rennie's duds (some of them on decent money - Griffiths and Watson for example).  They also further increased the playing budget this year and I'd assume we're paying for the new training facility at Little Kerse.  Hardly prudent financial management.  Don't forget the finance guy on the board walked away a few months ago!

Too many dots being joined here. Rennie……the BoD bought into his CV, and can’t be blamed for that. They went on the available information for what was a 6 month deal. They then had to support him.

Martin Rennie is highly accomplished at selling himself. The stuff about getting Vancouver Whitecaps to the play offs “for the first time ever” didn’t stand up to much in the way of scrutiny……because he never took Vancouver anywhere…..they never made it to the play offs while Rennie was a coach.

Anyway, his January recruitment was dire, and in the cold light of day, he managed to be outperformed by Sheerin. That it was a 6 month deal was perhaps, the best thing the BoD did. No pay off, no squabbles.

Little Kerse? I thought the club were reviewing different options.

Doug Moodie was a considerable loss imho. Thing is, there is no real clarity in terms of his departure, and I am not sure there will ever be an agreed two sided version of the story. More of a concern now is that the FSS haven’t come up with a replacement for him……..and the FSS are also now trying to get their heads around the concept of raising revenue at something like five times the current level.

All the fun of the fair.

2 hours ago, RC_Bairn said:

I don't think the new board are immune from criticism over the financial position.   They increased the playing budget in January to bring in Rennie's duds (some of them on decent money - Griffiths and Watson for example).  They also further increased the playing budget this year and I'd assume we're paying for the new training facility at Little Kerse.  Hardly prudent financial management.  Don't forget the finance guy on the board walked away a few months ago!

We don’t pay anything for little kerse.

10 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Too many dots being joined here. Rennie……the BoD bought into his CV, and can’t be blamed for that. They went on the available information for what was a 6 month deal. They then had to support him.

Martin Rennie is highly accomplished at selling himself. The stuff about getting Vancouver Whitecaps to the play offs “for the first time ever” didn’t stand up to much in the way of scrutiny……because he never took Vancouver anywhere…..they never made it to the play offs while Rennie was a coach.

Anyway, his January recruitment was dire, and in the cold light of day, he managed to be outperformed by Sheerin. That it was a 6 month deal was perhaps, the best thing the BoD did. No pay off, no squabbles.

Little Kerse? I thought the club were reviewing different options.

Doug Moodie was a considerable loss imho. Thing is, there is no real clarity in terms of his departure, and I am not sure there will ever be an agreed two sided version of the story. More of a concern now is that the FSS haven’t come up with a replacement for him……..and the FSS are also now trying to get their heads around the concept of raising revenue at something like five times the current level.

All the fun of the fair.

Your point about Rennie doesn't really stack up.  You've said 'the board bought into his CV' and then in the next paragraph admit that he told porkies about his time at Vancouver.  Was no due diligence carried out on the guy?  If not, then we can certainly lay blame at the boardroom door?

Club have been using (and paying for presumably) Little Kerse for months now.

My worry is that the FSS is now a busted flush.  I hope it isn't...but the resignation of two fans directors in less than a year shows there is definitely not much fun at the fair.

38 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

There are no pitch hire fees for use of little kerse.

Edited by LatapyBairn.

35 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

You know what. There is something in trying to make us better as a club and investing in the right areas. If we were looking at everything purely on cost then we would not have any development squad either, fitness coach, GK coach FT (he maybe PT I don’t really know) guys doing analysis probably. 

Well said! A football club cannot be run like any other business where the sole purpose is turning a profit, there always needs to be balance between ambition and not endangering the club financially but it’s not all about the bottom line, if it was we’d have most likely been operating on a part time basis even in the championship where in most seasons we still ran up operating losses into the hundreds of thousands as well. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

8 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Don't you just love the brimming positivity a new P&B account brings into this thread.

Every so often just a wee sprinkle of shit flinging to make sure we don't get too excited about what's to come for our glorious football club.

Aye, groundhog day again.....

Guest Caractacus Potts

I never get the need to completely dismiss someone, unless you can absolutely refute what is being said, new user or not.

I remember a new user suggesting the new Falkirk development team was a sham. That was dismissed but clearly there was truth in it. Same was said when it was suggested Clarke Epos was a cowboy outfit.

Not all criticism is unfair or without merit, nor is it automatically made with some form of agenda. Most of us just want to see the club excel in all areas. 

29 minutes ago, RC_Bairn said:

If I was technically literate enough then I'd respond with a picture of an ostrich with its head in the sand to represent users such as yourself :).  If it's considered sh** slinging then so be it.

Here you go pal, hope you have a fantastic week.

200.gif

44 minutes ago, RC_Bairn said:

If I was technically literate enough then I'd respond with a picture of an ostrich with its head in the sand to represent users such as yourself :).  If it's considered sh** slinging then so be it.

Are you Nigel Pearson?