The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, Tea and Busquets said:

My thoughts regarding the goalie incident with Alegria was that if that was the other way around and Alegria had his hand on the goalie (soft or not) would it have been given as a foul? Yes it would. 

But only if you had put a third hand on him!

3 minutes ago, Tea and Busquets said:

My thoughts regarding the goalie incident with Alegria was that if that was the other way around and Alegria had his hand on the goalie (soft or not) would it have been given as a foul? Yes it would. 

Some sympathy today for the ref. The angle FTV shows it looks like a slip but from the KM Stand it was a push. God knows what the ref ultimately saw from another angle as he was.

His linesman should've helped him out.

10 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

Some sympathy today for the ref. The angle FTV shows it looks like a slip but from the KM Stand it was a push. God knows what the ref ultimately saw from another angle as he was.

His linesman should've helped him out.

Agreed, I’ve always said the linesman’s actually do very little. He’s very close to the action and no one obstructing his view, so he could have flagged. 

26 minutes ago, Tea and Busquets said:

To me in the highlights the goalie makes no attempt at all to go for the ball. He goes for Alegria and tried to stop him . How much contact there is is difficult to say but he's definitely trying to foul him.

2 hours ago, AGPar said:

Have you deliberately omitted Airdrieonians and Dunfermline Athletic? Beating your main rivals ultimately wins titles, something we have been incredibly bad at for far, far, far too long. Both are due at TFS before Christmas, six points in the bag from these two games and there might just be a case to think we can finally do something this season. Until then, I'll not be making any judgement about our promotion prospects. Leave the getting carried away to others.

No not deliberately, no brainer - of course you must beat any main rivals, however let’s get decent results against teams who with all respect we should be getting points and failed miserably in the past few seasons.

2 hours ago, AGPar said:

Have you deliberately omitted Airdrieonians and Dunfermline Athletic? Beating your main rivals ultimately wins titles, something we have been incredibly bad at for far, far, far too long. Both are due at TFS before Christmas, six points in the bag from these two games and there might just be a case to think we can finally do something this season. Until then, I'll not be making any judgement about our promotion prospects. Leave the getting carried away to others.

I really don’t think anyone is getting carried away.

I am a 50+ year veteran of watching Falkirk and caution is my default setting when talking about our prospects but there is no comparison between the current squad and the dross that have worn the jerseys since the relegation season.

That is why I am not at all concerned about previous failures to lay a glove on our main competition for the title.

New team, new management, new expectations.

One thing I said a few weeks ago were that there will be plenty of surprise results moving forward. Nothing that has happened since has changed that view. All aboard the Roller coaster 

Edited by Back Post Misses

4 hours ago, Tea and Busquets said:

Agreed, I’ve always said the linesman’s actually do very little. He’s very close to the action and no one obstructing his view, so he could have flagged. 

That is more complicated than it at first seems. The majority of referees make it clear what they expect from a linesman……and it really does vary. For example, many (like yesterday’s ref) don’t want a linesperson contradicting them without consultation. At uncertain throw in awards, he could be seen laying his hand over his chest to indicate to the linesman which way to award it. It’s been going on for donkey’s years with David Syme being the first I remember that controlled the linesmen in this way.

1 hour ago, Duncan Freemason said:

That is more complicated than it at first seems. The majority of referees make it clear what they expect from a linesman……and it really does vary. For example, many (like yesterday’s ref) don’t want a linesperson contradicting them without consultation. At uncertain throw in awards, he could be seen laying his hand over his chest to indicate to the linesman which way to award it. It’s been going on for donkey’s years with David Syme being the first I remember that controlled the linesmen in this way.

Vince Boardman from Bo'ness is the earliest I remember doing that sort of thing in the 60'70s. He was very good because you never noticed him, that's the sign of a well-refereed game.

17 minutes ago, Springfield said:

The first answer  “Sorry if we’ve upset anyone with our recent statement” would be a good place to start. 

I also hope the guys on the board do not sugar coat the clubs situation either, they really need to lay it out bluntly how important it is for us fans to invest in either the FSS or the Patrons Group and spell out what the consequences will be going forward if we don’t buy in. We have a side that looks capable of promotion now, if we can just get the club through the next 12 months without any more major upheaval or cost cutting I really think things could all fall into place for us to get back on to a more sustainable footing and really kick on long term with some momentum.

Edited by LatapyBairn.

8 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

I also hope the guys on the board do not sugar coat the clubs situation either, they really need to lay it out bluntly how important it is for us fans to invest in either the FSS or the Patrons Group and spell out what the consequences will be going forward if we don’t buy in. We have a side that looks capable of promotion now, if we can just get the club through the next 12 months without any more major upheaval or cost cutting I really think things could all fall into place for us to get back on to a more sustainable footing and really kick on long term with some momentum.

Totally agree

6 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

Not getting carried away with a winning the league shout yet. It's a long season and I've had my feelings hurt too many times before. Will see how we fair come May. 

Nobody gets carried away early October. Posted earlier so won’t repeat, however there’s a considerable shift change with what M&S have put together, compared to the horrendous teams/seasons of abysmal shite.

Supporters finally getting a bloody good feeling with what we’re seeing on the park, early days and as said feet on ground. 

7 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Nobody gets carried away early October. Posted earlier so won’t repeat, however there’s a considerable shift change with what M&S have put together, compared to the horrendous teams/seasons of abysmal shite.

Supporters finally getting a bloody good feeling with what we’re seeing on the park, early days and as said feet on ground. 

Definitely, I'm not saying at all it's similar to the past few seasons. We have a style of play and a serious grit in our performances. I just can't get my hopes up this early in case i get hurt again 😂