The Falkirk FC Thread

Looking forward to nexts week game with some good bairns from up north. The first eleven are almost picking themselves at present, and those not starting will be itching to get a chance. Approx one year ago we had folk hoping K Miller would play, appoint the correct staff that know the game, it’s fairly easy after that ………..

6 minutes ago, Shabba said:

It would be brilliant to win the league but promotion through the playoffs would be fine. Look at Queens Park, bang average last year and currently 3rd in the championship 

Whit?!

An extra couple of weeks of pressure on my old ticker and at the end of the play-offs we still might not get promoted?! Stuff that fur a game o sojyirs!

No, for as long as we are in this league we have to adopt the same attitude as the Bigot Brothers and their fans- 2nd place is nowhere, 2nd place is failure. Get this f*cking league won!

Can you imagine if we do win the league this year? Would be stage 1 complete that’s for sure.

John can get rid of the leftover shite, bring in more far better and stronger players and ST sales would go well above what we’ve even seen this year. Scenes. We can then have a go at the Championship. 

But way before all of that, let’s see what the money latest is tomorrow night with the board. 

11 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

Can you imagine if we do win the league this year? Would be stage 1 complete that’s for sure.

John can get rid of the leftover shite, bring in more far better and stronger players and ST sales would go well above what we’ve even seen this year. Scenes. We can then have a go at the Championship. 

But way before all of that, let’s see what the money latest is tomorrow night with the board. 

Promotion and a convincing one would be a brilliant catalyst to drive the club forward, as you say would provide the feel good factor for fans, boosts in season ticket sales and sponsorship then obviously increased prize money next season. It’s almost feels like all or nothing this season because the other side of the coin is pretty grim. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

12 hours ago, BooBairn said:

Cruised that game today… however a little frustrating by how wasteful we are at times. 

Second half was poor, made worse by some clown continually shouting “baldy” at the Clyde keeper. 

Aye I didn't quite get why he kept shouting that. 

I thought nesbitt was great yesterday as well, if he just focuses, his quick feet in the middle can be a real asset. 

13 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

You are now my “Manager/Head Coach” barometer. He is currently “John”, so we are doing well. I will watch out for any change to “John McGlynn” or even “McGlynn”. Then we are on the slide…..

So the Falkirk Daft thing is indeed about the financial dire straits (or not) of our current situation.

13 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Feet on the ground, three decent displays doesn’t win titles, hard work, ownership, graft, consistently playing well, and wins at the likes of PH Alloa Kelty Queens win titles.
(add no injuries and sometimes a huge slice of good luck) 

Have you deliberately omitted Airdrieonians and Dunfermline Athletic? Beating your main rivals ultimately wins titles, something we have been incredibly bad at for far, far, far too long. Both are due at TFS before Christmas, six points in the bag from these two games and there might just be a case to think we can finally do something this season. Until then, I'll not be making any judgement about our promotion prospects. Leave the getting carried away to others.

Notice a few “negative” comments about the performance yesterday.

What a change from last year, that would have been one of our best if not the best performance of last season.

We should have won by 4 or 5 but strolling to easy wins without injuries or suspensions will do me as long as we turn up for the more challenging matches.

I would actually make us favourites for the league unless the Fifers manage to sign a couple of superstars in January.

Notice a few “negative” comments about the performance yesterday.
What a change from last year, that would have been one of our best if not the best performance of last season.
We should have won by 4 or 5 but strolling to easy wins without injuries or suspensions will do me as long as we turn up for the more challenging matches.
I would actually make us favourites for the league unless the Fifers manage to sign a couple of superstars in January.
Yeah, it's nice to be in the habit of winning to the extent that we are spending our time on here musing about the manner of a win.

Winning is undoubtedly a habit.

The January window could be pivotal in a couple of ways though as you say.

Just hope that if we can't spring money to strengthen, no one else can either because as it stands, we are the ones with the depth, albeit a couple of areas where an injury would be a nightmare (right back, and the small radius in the middle of the park from which Stephen McGinn puppetmasters 21 inferior football players)

Undoubtedly one of the next steps we have to take is to stop getting bodied by Airdrie every time we play them. A win over the Pars on November 5th would also go a looong way to putting us a genuine contenders.
Airdrie won't run over us again like they did last time IMO. We were totally toothless and disjointed going forward in that game and lost all discipline. The problems that manifested that humping at least seem to be gone. Even the Kelty game was a different type of aberration. I dont think (hopefully) this team take any more tankings.

Beating them is obviously a different story but il be backing us at home against anyone tbh.