The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, FFC 1876 said:

My only gripe about today is not getting to see more of Lawal, could have had him on instead of Hetherington when Oliver came off.

Likewise I was hoping Lawal would get a decent run out today. In his few 5 minute appearances this season he has scored a goal and hit the post. Can't see why Hetherington seems to always get the nod in front of him when we make a change in midfield with 20 or so minutes to go. Also thought Kennedy looked decent when he came on. 

1 hour ago, Bigbri Bairn said:

i thought the ref and linos were pretty anonymous which is really a compliment in this league

I thought similar. I can't comment on the incident with Alegria and the Clyde keeper as I was at the toilet with my son at the time. 

2 hours ago, RuncornBairn said:

To watch live match in FTV you need to be outside UK (or appear to be). Why can’t they club stream the game with a delay ie let people watch it after game has finished. No one in Runcorn is going to spoil it for me by giving the score away so I could in effect watch live. Effin nonsense live games can’t be watched anyway. 

There is some good news on that - rearranged games look likely to go ahead with streaming. I don't know if League 1 is limited to 5 games as that wouldn't make sense to me but we'll learn more about that at the end of the month it seems.

I'd imagine as it stands our rearranged game will be shown live in the UK and Ireland by your Falkirk TV guys. And we can both stream to international subscribers - although what "PPV is not permitted internationally" means confuses me. I hope that may be a Premiership stipulation.

I am pleased to confirm that all SPFL clubs are now permitted to live stream five Home League matches per season on a PPV basis. Clearly there is no obligation on any club to live stream any game.

Please note that:

• PPV is not permitted during the ‘blocked hours’ of 2.45pm to 5.15pm on Saturdays or during a Sky live broadcast of a cinch Premiership Match on a Friday, Saturday or Sunday. 
  • The SPFL Rules contain certain conditions and obligations regarding PPV. I have attached an extract of the relevant SPFL Rules, for ease of reference.
  • Clubs are able to apply to the SPFL Board for permission to move a game from its traditional Saturday afternoon slot, following consultation with each of the relevant Home and Away Clubs, to allow live domestic PPV of the relevant cinch League Match.
  • PPV is not permitted internationally.
  • Should the Home Club in a League Match choose to sell PPV, it will retain all PPV revenues.

The Board will be discussing PPV Rules at its scheduled meeting on 24 October with a view to allowing greater flexibility for clubs in the cinch Championship and Leagues 1 & 2

Guest Ecosse83

Well that was a weird game, obviously comfortable but pretty boring overall. 

Its been a while since we have cruised games like we did today, probably sounds arrogant but it was just too easy and it probably showed with the slackness in the 2nd half! 

Onwards and upwards

Was a good opening half, but two things for me. Some of our playing out from the back was seriously ropey. Oliver messing about at the edge of our box nearly handed them an equaliser.

McGuffie (in particular) and Nesbitt’s finishing are tough to watch at times. Great work by Burrell set up McGuffie for the clearest of chances, but yet again, he just dithered around rather than getting a shot away……..and then he did it again a few minutes later. Then Nesbitt joined in the fun with a shot from 6 yards that was closer to the roof of the North Stand than it was to the goal.

We turned up so many chances to rack up our biggest win of the season. Having said all that, we got the win that we needed. McCann, Henderson, Donaldson and Yeats look like a formidable back four, and we only look defensively dodgy when anyone from midfield (McGinn excepted) decides to throw their oar in at the back.

12 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I thought the keeper put his hands on Alegria. It would have been soft, but given where the keeper found himself, he was lucky IMO

Could've had a pen first half when the Clyde defender had a  handful of burrells shirt to prevent him turning in the box. 

Nesbitt is a bugbear of mines as he offers next to nothing defensively due to how weak he is and most games he seems to be really ineffective yet still remains one of the last players to be subbed. However he always shows for the ball and having checked the stats he's got 4 assists in 8 league games this season which already equals his total for the whole of last season. 

We really need to be much more clinical infront of goal though as teams will punish us otherwise. Watching back those highlights we should have won 4 or 5 nil.

Kennedy didn't really do much for me when he came on, should have scored and I can only think of him having one run of note which led to him hitting the first man with his cross. Still early days though so hopefully a lot more to come from him.

Started the game brightly and after second went in the game was effectively over. As commented we eased through the ninety minutes or maybe huffed and puffed is a better description. Although plaudits to Nisbett continue, actually thought the midfield were no where near the levels of the last couple of games. Thought the back four were excellent and solid. 
If M&S can somehow get a forward in during the January window, we won’t be far away, 

11 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

We are still 9/2 to win this league 

Love this. Can we now bin the idea that finishing 4th in this shit tip of a league is some sort of achievement because a completely different 11 players couldn’t do it last year. Winning this league should be the only thing in our mind. 

3 minutes ago, JulioBairn said:

Love this. Can we now bin the idea that finishing 4th in this shit tip of a league is some sort of achievement because a completely different 11 players couldn’t do it last year. Winning this league should be the only thing in our mind. 

This. Never quite understood “top four/playoffs” as an achievement in this division. Top spot (champions) and nothing less. 

29 minutes ago, JulioBairn said:

We ain’t this morning 3/1 Bet365. Clearly following P&B😀

8 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

Kennedy didn't really do much for me when he came on, should have scored and I can only think of him having one run of note which led to him hitting the first man with his cross. Still early days though so hopefully a lot more to come from him.

For me, Kennedy was our standout player in the game at McDiarmid Park midweek. He scored our goal and rarely failed to beat the fullback when he took him on. The boy looks a player.  

With him, Lawal and Alegria fit again our attacking options from the bench now look really strong. 

Just now, Bainsfordbairn said:

For me, Kennedy was our standout player in the game at McDiarmid Park midweek. He scored our goal and rarely failed to beat the fullback when he took him on. The boy looks a player.  

With him, Lawal and Alegria fit again our attacking options from the bench now look really strong. 

Yeah he said himself he's starting to feel sharper game by game, obviously been out for a hell of a lot of time. 

I thought Kennedy looked pretty lively when he came on. He'll improve with match sharpness, he's only played about 10 minutes in total this season before yesterday and missed the last month of last season through injury as well. I wouldnt go dropping Nesbitt or McGuffie as they are contributing plenty but both need shooting practice. Nesbitt for getting shots on target and McGuffie for not taking an age to pull the trigger. It's refreshing to be talking about small tweaks for improvement rather than having an entire squad that isnt good enough