The Falkirk FC Thread

37 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Struggling to get more than 500 people to join FSS at £10 a month but you think there is a chance that 1000 people will give an additional £15  a game.

Not seeing it myself.

There is a chance, yes. It's got to be worth a try IMO.

1 minute ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Only downside would be that the club would need to pay VAT again on the entry fee over and above on the ST.

Could be got round by having a separate gate for such donations and branding the income as donations.

Aye, that's true. The only reservation that I have with the donation idea is that it's open to fraud by the turnstile operators. I'm not saying that any of our gate people would do that but it is something that happens regularly elsewhere.

1 hour ago, Shodwall cat said:

No but they did know the position when they took over. Concern is that the main plan for closing the funding gap seems to be commercial targets we had little chance of achieving and hoping there would be a large  increase in fss membership.  To base the hopes of achieving only a 400k loss on those two main objectives seems to be extremely risky. Hopefully at the AGM we will find out what plan B is.

In that case, the decision-making, projections and parameters in setting our budget were seriously flawed so I doubt there is a plan B and they are trying to cobble something together before the AGM.

I highlighted in the closed season how income would drop with the impending financial wall the UK economy was rushing to and the future of the club was at risk if we got it wrong.

The club should have costed a pessimistic worst-case scenario for the budget so anything above it would be a bonus by the looks of things we didn't.

Again I highlight the club does not have one physical asset to borrow against.

39 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Make that 4, I’d be happy to as well. Sure there are many more also. Although rather than simply donating money to the club it might make sense if the funds were diverted to the FSS to buy shares with. 

Aye, sorry, I meant it going to the FFS. Didn't make that clear. 

40 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

If anyone does wish to stick a few extra quid in a month you can donate to FSS with a one of payment on the website rather than going through the turnstiles.

I don't think I'd donate £20 as a one off though. It's an emotive thing, more chance of people donating at games IMO.

2 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

I don't think I'd donate £20 as a one off though. It's an emotive thing, more chance of people donating at games IMO.

Oh I agree much easier in person but the option is there on the website to make a one off donation. 

Amidst the grim PR disaster it's good we have a juicy game to get our teeth into.
Feels like we've hit a right good spell of form so hope we can carry that on. 
Looked at the bench and thought WOW. When did we last have a bench who are all ( well almost ) capable of doing a job ?

48 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

There is a chance, yes. It's got to be worth a try IMO.

Not for me. We only have say 400 season ticket holders paying £10 a month to the FSS to buy shares in the club. 

The chances of 1000 paying £30 a month on average for effectively nothing as they already have access to the games in question as you’ve suggested are slim to none Imo.

4 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Not for me. We only have say 400 season ticket holders paying £10 a month to the FSS to buy shares in the club. 

The chances of 1000 paying £30 a month on average for effectively nothing as they already have access to the games in question as you’ve suggested are slim to none Imo.

That's the spirit!

39 minutes ago, Bigbri Bairn said:

Perhaps the Kelty result was not as bad as we thought. Looks like they are a team who can raise their game against the better teams and struggle against the rest. As McGlynn said this league will produce a good few surprises

Especially at home. That's us Airdrie and Dunfermline gone there and not won.

4 hours ago, LatapyBairn. said:

If it was that simple why haven’t more people singed up? I know more than a few that would happily hand over a fiver or a tenner on they’re way into the stadium but aren’t member of the FSS.

I don’t know why more haven’t signed up. I’m struggling to understand why instead of signing up you’d hand your money to some guy at the turnstile and ask him to pass it on for you tho.

Anyway very comfortable today. As easy a win as you’ll see and results going our way was a bonus. 

4 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Signing up to the FSS is the sort of thing that people always genuinely intend to do but they never get a round to it. Something else happens in their life and it's forgotten about.

I'm convinced that if FSS people are standing at the turnstiles, either outside or inside the ground with application forms in their hands, they would see a massive uptick in membership.

We have actually done this - we did it again today at the KM Stand.

4 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

Aye, that's true. The only reservation that I have with the donation idea is that it's open to fraud by the turnstile operators. I'm not saying that any of our gate people would do that but it is something that happens regularly elsewhere.

Anyway, it’s a soluble situation.