The Falkirk FC Thread

3 hours ago, NUMBER 7 said:

The club need to think harder how to raise these funds.

I wouldn’t be adverse to putting “Funds on deposit” to be redeemed against future season tickets and hospitality, yes there is the risk if we went bust we’d lose our money but for £1000 or so that’s a risk I’d take. 

We’d be short term creditors of the club, but at least getting some return going forward, assuming we exist.

The club then have to take this all into account in future budgeting but it could plug the hole short term.

Yes- decent idea.

Or against future player sales?

We definitely need to be thinking ‘out of the box’.

23 minutes ago, Hannibal Lecturer said:

Well we can’t say we weren’t warned if we end up in trouble with the bank. These guys running the club didn’t get us in this position remember, they’re working day and night to get us out of it but they can’t do it on their own.

No but they did know the position when they took over. Concern is that the main plan for closing the funding gap seems to be commercial targets we had little chance of achieving and hoping there would be a large  increase in fss membership.  To base the hopes of achieving only a 400k loss on those two main objectives seems to be extremely risky. Hopefully at the AGM we will find out what plan B is.

We could ask ST holders to pay at the gate. If say 1000 @ an average of maybe £15 did so that would be an extra £15k going into the coffers each home game. Obviously no idea what the actual figure raised would be of course. 

And before anyone jumps down my throat about 'cost of living', 'expecting the fans to stump up again' etc etc, it's only a suggestion and would of course be entirely voluntary.

It's probably something I would do. 

4 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

We could ask ST holders to pay at the gate. If say 1000 @ an average of maybe £15 did so that would be an extra £15k going into the coffers each home game. Obviously no idea what the actual figure raised would be of course. 

And before anyone jumps down my throat about 'cost of living', 'expecting the fans to stump up again' etc etc, it's only a suggestion and would of course be entirely voluntary.

Or, ask everybody, ST or PATG, to make a donation of say £5.00 or whatever else they can afford when they go through the turnstile.

13 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

There’s absolutely no chance of 1000  people who’ve already paid to watch a match paying an extra £15 “each home game”.

You may get that number doing so on a on a one off emergency basis but the idea that more than a handful of people would be willing to effectively write off their season tickets is fanciful.

2 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

There’s absolutely no chance of 1000  people who’ve already paid to watch a match paying an extra £15 “each home game”.

You may get that number doing so on a on a one off emergency basis but the idea that more than a handful of people would be willing to effectively write off their season tickets is fanciful.

Don't agree. If only "a handful' did, it would at least raise something. I know of 3 folk who would do so without question. 

If there was a real danger of the club going out of business fans would dig deep in the short term. This would be a stop gap however and we need sustainable plans going forward which may mean investment from outside forces other than the fans.

Edited by Harry Kinnear

21 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Struggling to get more than 500 people to join FSS at £10 a month but you think there is a chance that 1000 people will give an additional £15  a game.

Not seeing it myself.

9 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Don't agree. If only "a handful' did, it would at least raise something. I know of 3 folk who would do so without question. 

Make that 4, I’d be happy to as well. Sure there are many more also. Although rather than simply donating money to the club it might make sense if the funds were diverted to the FSS to buy shares with. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

6 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Struggling to get more than 500 people to join FSS at £10 a month but you think there is a chance that 1000 people will give an additional £15  a game.

Not seeing it myself.

Signing up to the FSS is the sort of thing that people always genuinely intend to do but they never get a round to it. Something else happens in their life and it's forgotten about.

I'm convinced that if FSS people are standing at the turnstiles, either outside or inside the ground with application forms in their hands, they would see a massive uptick in membership.

4 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Make that 4, I’d be happy to as well. Sure there are many more also. Although rather than simply donating money to the club it might make sense if the funds were diverted to the FSS to buy shares with. 

Just they just join FSS then Rather donating money at the turnstile then diverting it to FSS? 🤷🏼‍♂️

2 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Signing up to the FSS is the sort of thing that people always genuinely intend to do but they never get a round to it. Something else happens in their life and it's forgotten about.

I'm convinced that if FSS people are standing at the turnstiles, either outside or inside the ground with application forms in their hands, they would see a massive uptick in membership.

Agreed, DL was good at this for bfl...its harder not to donate when there is someone standing in front off u asking for money. The FSS need to have a bigger boots on the ground presence at the stadium on match days.

18 minutes ago, JulioBairn said:

Just they just join FSS then Rather donating money at the turnstile then diverting it to FSS? 🤷🏼‍♂️

If it was that simple why haven’t more people singed up? I know more than a few that would happily hand over a fiver or a tenner on they’re way into the stadium but aren’t member of the FSS.

Edited by LatapyBairn.

19 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Totaly agree with this, standing at the turnstiles collecting money or actively taking details and signing people up there and then would definitely see a boost in numbers in my opinion.

1 hour ago, ShaggerG said:

Only downside would be that the club would need to pay VAT again on the entry fee over and above on the ST.

Could be got round by having a separate gate for such donations and branding the income as donations.