The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

This is what I'm bemused by. Exactly why are we about to 'run out of cash'? 

What forecasting was done on income that, in fecking September, not after a hard winter, we're fucked? 

I get that it's really difficult to put a decent team on the park with the dross we had, plus recruit a new management team, but this looks like Sevco type planning.

Perhaps one of the reasons our finance director resigned was the bod not listening to what he was telling them?

1 hour ago, Van_damage said:

This is why I think there should be league reconstruction to provide better protection for full time clubs. It doesn’t do Scottish football any good if more clubs are forced to go part time as part of being stuck in a league with little finance or support.

Yes it’s our fault for being here but there are always likely to be full time teams stuck where we are due to the league set up. Even one season here could be enough to determine the status of a club. Could be temporary or the start of a downfall that sees fan numbers dwindle. 

Why are full time financial basket cases worthy of more protection than part time ones?

7 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Why are full time financial basket cases worthy of more protection than part time ones?

Not sure you get my point. By reconstructing the league and making the Championship bigger then you’ll be adding more part time teams in to a league with more finance. The chance will be there for more part time teams to get a boost and it should lessen the chances of full time teams dropping in to a league with little money. 

6 minutes ago, Van_damage said:

Not sure you get my point. By reconstructing the league and making the Championship bigger then you’ll be adding more part time teams in to a league with more finance. The chance will be there for more part time teams to get a boost and it should lessen the chances of full time teams dropping in to a league with little money. 

I see, how big are these new divisions?

I'd been working under the misapprehension that bad teams  get relegated, regardless of status.

1 hour ago, Shodwall cat said:

We've got to get to the end of the season first though. If the cash is going to run out by Xmas then speculating to accumulate isn't going to end well.

So you’re telling us in 10 weeks the club is going to run out of money completely and there is no plan B what so ever, we won’t see the season out? Where are you pulling this information from? Although striking a pretty serious tone it’s certainly not the message the club have conveyed.

Edited by LatapyBairn.

Guest Caractacus Potts
25 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

So you’re telling us in 10 weeks the club is going to run out of money completely and there is no plan B what so ever, we won’t see the season out? Where are you pulling this information from? Although striking a pretty serious tone it’s certainly not the message the club have conveyed.

The immediate targets they set sound pretty ominous to be honest. How much was left in the bank in the last set of accounts? 

13 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

The immediate targets they set sound pretty ominous to be honest. How much was left in the bank in the last set of accounts? 

When the budget was set for this season, it should have been based on a worse-case scenario so therefore any extra would be a bonus.

If it wasn't as is rumored then the board have been negligent. 

Not good

1 hour ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Probably from his pal who was previously on the board.  Mind, he was liking stuff on Facebook  and re posting it on here under a pseudonym to illustrate there was a “problem”. 

10 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Think I’ll take it with a pinch of salt in that case 

I doubt very much that this appeal/statement was made because there really isn’t a problem.

16 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Probably from his pal who was previously on the board.  Mind, he was liking stuff on Facebook  and re posting it on here under a pseudonym to illustrate there was a “problem”. 

I mentioned then we were going to be lucky to see the season out as cash was running low and was told not to worry as the amazing increases in sponsorship and a few quid from the league cup and increased crowds would save the day . I disagreed and got pelters. Plan B is obviously to beg for cash off someone whether that be an external investor or the old msg or God knows who. I just hope the bod has people in place ready to invest as time is running out.

2 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

I doubt very much that this appeal/statement was made because there really isn’t a problem.

Exactly. The statements have been ramped up every few weeks for a wee while now so it's obvious that the whole in the budget has been there and the bod are running out of options to fill it.  The AGM can't come quick enough.

14 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Of course there is a problem but is it a calling in the liquidators in 10 weeks time type of problem? Unless I’ve totally misread the tone of the statement I don’t think we are at that place or timescale yet and despite being in a relatively serious predicament I also don’t believe there isn’t an alternative plan in place should further investment in either the FSS or Patrons groups not be to sufficient levels, that plan may be a bit more unpalatable to some than the majority fan ownership we had been striving for but we are where we are. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

5 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Exactly. The statements have been ramped up every few weeks for a wee while now so it's obvious that the whole in the budget has been there and the bod are running out of options to fill it.  The AGM can't come quick enough.

Sadly have to agree with this. 

Firstly, yesterday's statement was clearly pitched to ratchet up the need for investment/funds which until then had been downplayed coupled with the sudden announcement of directors appearing on FalkirkDaft - I'd wager to reiterate the perilous financial position the club really is in. 

13 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Of course there is a problem but is it a calling in the liquidators in 10 weeks time type of problem? Unless I’ve totally misread the tone of the statement I don’t think we are at that place or timescale yet and despite being in a relatively serious predicament I also don’t believe there isn’t an alternative plan in place should further investment in either the FSS or Patrons groups not be to sufficient levels, that plan may be a bit more unpalatable to some than the majority fan ownership we had been striving for but we are where we are. 

No arguing with that. We appear to be in no imminent danger, but that “imminent” word is always a bit fearful. It could mean anything from a few weeks, to several months, to a year or more.

Doubtless there is a Plan B if the revenue isn’t forthcoming, and equally doubtless, it won’t be pretty.

I still think there is a (perhaps sizeable) individual investment unexplored area……the more than (say) £100 to the less than £10,000 group.

28 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

You think so ? Kenny Jamieson is on record in June or July saying the board had the finances on an even keel so what’s happened in the 2 or 3 months since ?

Surely the finances cannot have been mismanaged in the manner you are hinting at in such a short period of time ?

16 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

Sadly have to agree with this. 

Firstly, yesterday's statement was clearly pitched to ratchet up the need for investment/funds which until then had been downplayed coupled with the sudden announcement of directors appearing on FalkirkDaft - I'd wager to reiterate the perilous financial position the club really is in. 

To my mind, there’s 3 possible drivers to appear on FD. 1) To hammer home the same message 2) To apologise for the manner in which the statement came across (possibly a combo of 1 & 2), or 3) to address something entirely different.

It certainly won’t be for the banter, that’s for sure.

FD is not a club soapbox, and cannot itself be seen to aligned to the club. There’s always the risk of losing more ground rather than regaining it……all depends how well the Board read the room. YouTube “appointment to view” on Monday, that’s for sure.

6 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

To my mind, there’s 3 possible drivers to appear on FD. 1) To hammer home the same message 2) To apologise for the manner in which the statement came across (possibly a combo of 1 & 2), or 3) to address something entirely different.

It certainly won’t be for the banter, that’s for sure.

FD is not a club soapbox, and cannot itself be seen to aligned to the club. There’s always the risk of losing more ground rather than regaining it……all depends how well the Board read the room. YouTube “appointment to view” on Monday, that’s for sure.

Questions to the directors will be not too dissimilar to what’s being asked on here & on the other social media sites. They won’t have sight of the questions either but I doubt they’ll be shocked by any of them. John & I are fans like everyone else and we just want honest answers, which I think we’ll get. 

I think it’s good they are happy to come on to face questions following the communication, that otherwise wouldn’t be asked on the clubs platforms. Which I can understand from the FTV point of view.

Looking forward to this & it won’t shock anyone that we’ve had more than a few sponsorship requests for this one 😂. (Sponsorship we have already put back into the club by the way, in terms of player sponsorship & up-coming hospitality). Doesn’t cover the £400k though sadly 😉