The Falkirk FC Thread

31 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Tbh absolutely pissed off with a terrible worded statement. For me they would get more respect meeting with the fans in public rather than a podcast. They can recover from this but stop pissing us about, come clean with the clubs finances, and they might get more people on board.

They did have meetings though and the message (apart from the bits that have antagonised people) has always been pretty clear I thought, it doesn't seem to have changed much ie we have no cashflow for later in the season and we need the uptake in FSS to make the shortfall/flow of cash across the season, unless I'm missing something?

12 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

Why did  the bod give the manager an increased budget if it appears we can't even afford the original budget? That to me just isn't a sensible way to run a football club and is how we ended up in financial problems in the past. They should be tightening the purse strings instead of spending more cash and then hoping a white knight appears suddenly to pay for it. Crazy stuff .

The increased budget has allowed the manager to build what looks like a genuinely competitive team capable of challenging for promotion which is essential for the future of the club.

This has resulted in very decent and growing attendances which in turn means increased income for the club.

There is no realistic comparison with the days of overspending under Fulston when sizeable transfer fees were a thing and the club was running on a huge overdraft.

Didn’t get any email & have glanced through the posts since it broke.

Has all the hallmarks of the liquidation episode in the 90’s. When the shareholders, who own the club, weren’t willing to put their hands in their pockets, to protect their shareholding, & went cap in hand to their customer base for a bail out.

5 minutes ago, Sarcastic Bairn said:

They did have meetings though and the message (apart from the bits that have antagonised people) has always been pretty clear I thought, it doesn't seem to have changed much ie we have no cashflow for later in the season and we need the uptake in FSS to make the shortfall/flow of cash across the season, unless I'm missing something?

There’s not one supporter that didn’t know that the club was struggling this season, both on and off the park. 

Thankfully and if we continue playing like the past two games, we look like a team that could maybe top the table. 

The bod collectively, have sent out a statement that more or less confirms we are struggling severely without major investment. For me and I’d happily eat my words - there is absolutely no way in this planet they will make this up with FSS investment, so for me the tone of the email is completely wrong, and absolutely stinks.

Its time to come out with true projections - maybe just maybe the supporters will back them in more numbers. On a side note, surely the numbers they budgeted for gates / STs must be helping ?

24 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

The increased budget has allowed the manager to build what looks like a genuinely competitive team capable of challenging for promotion which is essential for the future of the club.

This has resulted in very decent and growing attendances which in turn means increased income for the club.

There is no realistic comparison with the days of overspending under Fulston when sizeable transfer fees were a thing and the club was running on a huge overdraft.

Yeah and that's fine as long as it's not increasing the financial issues at the club and putting the clubs future at risk. . If you've already got a minimum of 400k loss and then you give the manager an extra 100k to spend you're then looking at 500k  to cover . If you then start buying equipment for little kerse you then have more money to fund and its ongoing.  Using extremely  difficult to achieve commercial targets and the hope that the fss will suddenly rapidly increase membership as the means to cover these ever increasing losses is a hell of a gamble if you ask me and one that obviously hasn't worked 

2 hours ago, Rocco said:

This is true but that one small part has had the biggest impact. 

If there aim was to try and get more people to sign up to FSS, then I can guarantee they’ve done the exact opposite 

I would have thought that would be the the case but I heard they had people signing up last night 

2 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Towards the end, they say ‘there’s no need to worry, no panic’.

Thats just nonsense.

There is a need to worry. The club probably only has a couple of months cash left.

What’s more worrying than that?

Unless of course they have Plan B already in the pipeline, but Fan ownership is their preferred choice? And before anyone asks that is conjecture on my part absolutely no knowledge. 

Just now, Grangemouth Bairn said:

How many and how has it impacted current future projections ?

I don’t know how many TBH. All I was told was they had people sign up and others increasing their monthly. 

I don’t know how many TBH. All I was told was they had people sign up and others increasing their monthly. 

Yes I think it’s time to stop getting all worked up over some misguided wording, and look at the bigger picture here which is safeguarding the future of our club today…..

24 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Yeah and that's fine as long as it's not increasing the financial issues at the club and putting the clubs future at risk. . If you've already got a minimum of 400k loss and then you give the manager an extra 100k to spend you're then looking at 500k  to cover . If you then start buying equipment for little kerse you then have more money to fund and its ongoing.  Using extremely  difficult to achieve commercial targets and the hope that the fss will suddenly rapidly increase membership as the means to cover these ever increasing losses is a hell of a gamble if you ask me and one that obviously hasn't worked 

Failure to get out of this league in the next two seasons at the very latest is the greatest threat to our club.

Klopp or Guardiola could not have won us promotion with the squad McGlynn inherited, money had to be made available to give us a chance.

A gamble yes but one that absolutely had to be taken and so far appears to be giving us a real chance.

41 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

I'll increase my subscription too once I'm certain that my pensions are safe. If they go under I won't be able to afford toilet paper to wipe my arse never mind going to the football!!

The wording of the 90% 10% and bringing "fairness" into the statement is quite poor in how it has come across.

The message that we need more funding is 100% clear, but it is going to be a huge ask for FSS to make that up.

I joined FSS and pay an annual amount even though i've still to convince myself if Fans Ownership is what i really want. I wouldn't be adverse to giving them another one off donation on their Website.

Maybe highlighting to supporters that it is possible to make an occasional payment ( donation ) to FSS without becoming a member might get folks that can only afford a few quid to chip in.

Edited by NUMBER 7

32 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Failure to get out of this league in the next two seasons at the very latest is the greatest threat to our club.

Klopp or Guardiola could not have won us promotion with the squad McGlynn inherited, money had to be made available to give us a chance.

A gamble yes but one that absolutely had to be taken and so far appears to be giving us a real chance.

A chance of winning the league if we can actually survive till the end of the season.  These targets to cover losses have been pie in the sky from the start and should never have been put out as a feasible way to cover ever increasing losses. 

The problem is everything is starting to look good(not amazing) on the park and as long as things are going well there football fans can be an easily satisfied bunch. Then grenades are thrown in out of nowhere. 

Now let's have it right, that email has essentially called 90% of the fanbase, lesser fans than the super 10%. Whether they like it or not that is just as bad as previous board incidents and can't be ignored. Whether it was meant or not by current or previous boards, this sort of them and us idea is simply not on and has to change.