The Falkirk FC Thread

11 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

IMO only one small part is not worded well. The rest of it is clear and transparent. 

This is true but that one small part has had the biggest impact. 

If there aim was to try and get more people to sign up to FSS, then I can guarantee they’ve done the exact opposite 

11 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

IMO only one small part is not worded well. The rest of it is clear and transparent. 

Pretty much agree with this. I don't believe its a bad statement overall but my concern now is that a very, very daft segment has triggered enough folk (quite rightly) and will distract from the main point of it (i.e we're skint).

At least Falkirk daft have got an early contender for Falkirk dafty of the week @RC55 FFC

19 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Towards the end, they say ‘there’s no need to worry, no panic’.

Thats just nonsense.

There is a need to worry. The club probably only has a couple of months cash left.

What’s more worrying than that?

Guest Caractacus Potts
4 hours ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Of course the BOD have the right to refuse an offer but as you’ve already pointed out there won’t be a que of wealthy people ready to invest such a large amount of money and the club’s financial position may dictate we have no option but to accept whichever offer comes along purely to get the immediate cash injection needed, I’ve already heard rumours of one particular investor hanging around waiting like a vulture claiming to be interested in acquiring  potentially up to 26% who would give me the absolute fear if it was genuine and I doubt it would be at the 40p rate. Realistically the best option for the club would be for the fans to buy the shares via both the FSS and Patrons groups in my opinion.

Did Kenny Jamieson not lambast the board for entertaining Mark Campbell at a time when we needed new investment?

Surely he can’t then be part of a board that would let in someone of a similar ilk? 

20 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

The most important part is terribly worded though and that’s the key here.

I’d expect something will come out today apologising for that section of the email and building bridges with fans.

Again why if we're struggling for cash did the bod sanction giving more money to the manager. Plus it must've cost money we obviously don't have to kit out little kerse for the players which is more cash . You need to tighten your belt and live within your means when situations are lke this surely not spend more and more money and then put begging letters out.

4 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Did Kenny Jamieson not lambast the board for entertaining Mark Campbell at a time when we needed new investment?

Surely he can’t then be part of a board that would let in someone of a similar ilk? 

Kenny Jamieson also said in July the new board had the club on an even keel financially and the next focus was better communications to fans.

14 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Difference is at that time there was alternative investment available with immediate cash injection via the BtB buy out which the club chose to ignore in favour of the crazy Mark Campbell effort.

Edited by LatapyBairn.

Guest Caractacus Potts
1 minute ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Difference is at that time there was alternative investment available with immediate cash injection via the BtB buy out which the club chose to ignore. 

True but that shouldn’t excuse letting a charlatan in the doors.

Would have been interesting to see how many who pledged for BtB stumped up cash as the FSS numbers certainly don’t match what was suggested.

Also we had the Navy Blue group recently offering a £500k investment(if memory serves)? That seems to have changed in to a £250k investment via the patrons.

Is that money still there from either group? Where’s the lost pledgers and what of the Navy Blue investment? 

18 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Towards the end, they say ‘there’s no need to worry, no panic’.

Thats just nonsense.

There is a need to worry. The club probably only has a couple of months cash left.

What’s more worrying than that?

It's a very Tory statement, it's right up your street.

38 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

The most important part is terribly worded though and that’s the key here.

I’d expect something will come out today apologising for that section of the email and building bridges with fans.

No, the most important part is the part where they admit "we're skint and desperately need cash".

The "90%/10% is unfair" bit stands out as a glaringly bad turn of phrase, but the overreaction to it has been faintly embarrassing.

2 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

No, the most important part is the part where they admit "we're skint and desperately need cash".

The "90%/10% is unfair" bit stands out as a glaringly bad turn of phrase, but the overreaction to it has been faintly embarrassing.

Can’t disagree with that tbh but both of them are intrinsically linked. 

I did wonder how long it would take for some people to start having a go at the fans for having the audacity to get a wee bit pissy with a club statement that had a go at us in the first place! Simply, the club should send out a short email today apologising for the wording, which will also allow them to rephrase and highlight the position we’re in. Then we move on. Easy.

Guest Ecosse83

Looking forward to the Clyde game tomorrow, I think we will win quite comfortably! I honestly can’t remember the last time I felt confident going into games 

Edited by Ecosse83

That thing I took from the email is that, under the boards expectations, FSS as a third leg of the stool is at this point effectively over.

£250k raised by monthly subscriptions by May 2023. That equates to just over £31k a month... A 6 fold increase, starting today, on what is already being pledged monthly. Never going to happen. 

I'm fairly sure the initial timeline from FSS was for ownership of 7.5% of shares after a year from a starting position of 97,000ish (3%) shares. We are just short of a year and the last count I'm sure was over 250,000 shares which, admittedly using fag packet maths, must sit somewhere around the 7.5-8% mark.

Does this mean the plan was always to see a considerable 6 fold jump after a year or have the goalposts changed now that the money is drying up?