The Falkirk FC Thread

A stupid and insulting statement.

You're trying to get across that you're all in this together but make a point of emphasising that those putting in more money are better somehow?

Those responsible for running the club should be so fucking grateful the supporters are still there after years of failure and total incompetence upstairs.

Can't comprehend that someone could be so in their own little bubble to not only write that pish but then actually send it to people you're wanting money from.

6 hours ago, Caractacus Potts said:

I’m not totally convinced by this argument to be honest.

There are around 1.2m shares left. They would cost about £500k to buy and would represent 26% of shares. If I’m not mistaken the board have the right to refuse anyone who offers to buy these shares so I just don’t see why they would sell to a Mark Campbell type. I also don’t think £500k for 27% of a League 1 club with little assets represents good value for money, particularly with no control of the board. 

Saying that too, why should we not look for an outside investor with a lot of money? We still need a third leg of the stool to fulfil, unless the Rawlins stump up. As long as fans have enough shares to Veto then would it not be a good thing to have a rich investor who can help stump up the cash to tide things over? 

Of course the BOD have the right to refuse an offer but as you’ve already pointed out there won’t be a que of wealthy people ready to invest such a large amount of money and the club’s financial position may dictate we have no option but to accept whichever offer comes along purely to get the immediate cash injection needed, I’ve already heard rumours of one particular investor hanging around waiting like a vulture claiming to be interested in acquiring  potentially up to 26% who would give me the absolute fear if it was genuine and I doubt it would be at the 40p rate. Realistically the best option for the club would be for the fans to buy the shares via both the FSS and Patrons groups in my opinion.

Edited by LatapyBairn.

The plan to have “fan ownership” needs to be parked. For me we simply need to look at new investment. Yes where does that come from, and as mentioned I’ve also heard there’s people lurking in the background, we don’t want near our club. Thought the new bod had people with the knowledge and business connections/skills to attract new investors, looks like that avenue isn’t bearing any fruits so far.

1 hour ago, LatapyBairn. said:

, I’ve already heard rumours of one particular investor hanging around waiting like a vulture claiming to be interested in acquiring  potentially up to 26% who would give me the absolute fear if it was genuine and I doubt it would be at the 40p rate. 

21 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Yes where does that come from, and as mentioned I’ve also heard there’s people lurking in the background, we don’t want near our club. 

Can either of you name names? Not being snide, just genuinely interested. I won't know them but I just about know how to use Google.

I don’t think it’s just the 90%/10% comment, I think it’s the use of the phrase “it’s not fair”. What’s not fair is that  the group of people who are privileged to get the opportunity to run our club continually run it into the ground. It’s not fair that fans are then just expected to bail them out whether they can afford to or not. Tbh it’s not fair on the current board either as this is not their doing. I have no doubt the fans will play their part as we are emotionally invested but I think a message of “help…we’re fucked” would’ve seen more fans put their hand in their pocket than that divisive garbage. 

13 minutes ago, JulioBairn said:

I don’t think it’s just the 90%/10% comment, I think it’s the use of the phrase “it’s not fair”. What’s not fair is that  the group of people who are privileged to get the opportunity to run our club continually run it into the ground. It’s not fair that fans are then just expected to bail them out whether they can afford to or not. Tbh it’s not fair on the current board either as this is not their doing. I have no doubt the fans will play their part as we are emotionally invested but I think a message of “help…we’re fucked” would’ve seen more fans put their hand in their pocket than that divisive garbage. 

TBF on them they have said consistently that the fans needed to join the FSS since they took over. No enough have done so. The numbers have not changed. The subtle approach hasn’t got enough to sign up. I am not sure this will either TBH. 

The whole message is about the fan ownership model. The point they are trying to make (not well IMO in that paragraph) is that if there is to be fan ownership then it isn’t “fair” for 500 to put in all the money. If the fans don’t want fan ownership then they will have to move on.

The choice is simple now. The deadline is there for us all. 
I think it is fair enough that. 😉

Do I think it wasn’t a great statement? Absolutely

Do I think there was any malice intended in it? absolutely not

As a fan base we’ve complained about a lack of transparency in the past but reading those messages tells me we are struggling for cash and struggling to make up the shortfall. The timing couldn’t be any worse and I think what we are seeing is a well intentioned statement from a group of people who are definitely not going to get a career in PR. I get why people may feel it alienates a proportion of the fan base but I don’t genuinely believe, unlike at times in the past that anyone is trying to divide us. If I think logically would any of our previous boards went on a podcast 3 days after this statement? They would most likely have tried to front it out.

37 minutes ago, JulioBairn said:

Through the FSS there is an opportunity to become a member of the Board. It’s not just for the “privileged” few any more. The problem is either apathy or folk don’t want to put their head on the block when issues like this arise. The FSS have around 500 members, how many have applied for the Directors job?

In saying that, the delivered message could and should not have been issued in a way that apportioned blame. As stated by someone else, the message was simple……………We have serious cash flow issues that we need to address immediately to enable us to meet our targeted budget for this season. Your help in any small way would be appreciated in allowing the club to remain financially stable during these difficult times. As always, our aim is for the club to increase fan ownership and allow the team to be fully focussed on winning the league. Please find attached ways you can help (links to FSS etc)

7 hours ago, BottiBiabi said:

Struggling to see how some are defending the statement. If the club are struggling for cash, come out and say that. Don’t come out and accuse 90% of the fan base of not pulling their weight, especially in the current economic climate. I pay what I can, when I can. It is not my fault as a fan you have spent my funds on a fuckin garbage product.

I’ll continue to pay my gate fare, but releasing shite statements like this are doing the exact opposite in enticing me to spend any extra on the club. 

You have to have the IQ of a toad to not take that from the statement, come on. 

Who’s read it and gone “all is rosy and we don’t need any money” ffs 

Edited by bairn88

30 minutes ago, FFC1982 said:

Do I think it wasn’t a great statement? Absolutely

Do I think there was any malice intended in it? absolutely not

As a fan base we’ve complained about a lack of transparency in the past but reading those messages tells me we are struggling for cash and struggling to make up the shortfall. The timing couldn’t be any worse and I think what we are seeing is a well intentioned statement from a group of people who are definitely not going to get a career in PR. I get why people may feel it alienates a proportion of the fan base but I don’t genuinely believe, unlike at times in the past that anyone is trying to divide us. If I think logically would any of our previous boards went on a podcast 3 days after this statement? They would most likely have tried to front it out.

They have told everyone at meetings I’ve the summer and in previous statements that there is a shortfall in cash. None of it, for those who have paid attention, should be a surprise to anyone. All they have done is put a deadline on things to move to another plan if this doesn’t float. 

1 minute ago, Hughsie said:

It’s a poorly worded statement but I do think there’s been a bit of an overreaction over it. I think years of bad statements have conditioned our supporters to react like this.

IMO only one small part is not worded well. The rest of it is clear and transparent. 

11 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

IMO only one small part is not worded well. The rest of it is clear and transparent. 

This is true but that one small part has had the biggest impact. 

If there aim was to try and get more people to sign up to FSS, then I can guarantee they’ve done the exact opposite 

11 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Pretty much agree with this. I don't believe its a bad statement overall but my concern now is that a very, very daft segment has triggered enough folk (quite rightly) and will distract from the main point of it (i.e we're skint).

At least Falkirk daft have got an early contender for Falkirk dafty of the week @RC55 FFC

19 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Towards the end, they say ‘there’s no need to worry, no panic’.

Thats just nonsense.

There is a need to worry. The club probably only has a couple of months cash left.

What’s more worrying than that?

Guest Caractacus Potts
4 hours ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Of course the BOD have the right to refuse an offer but as you’ve already pointed out there won’t be a que of wealthy people ready to invest such a large amount of money and the club’s financial position may dictate we have no option but to accept whichever offer comes along purely to get the immediate cash injection needed, I’ve already heard rumours of one particular investor hanging around waiting like a vulture claiming to be interested in acquiring  potentially up to 26% who would give me the absolute fear if it was genuine and I doubt it would be at the 40p rate. Realistically the best option for the club would be for the fans to buy the shares via both the FSS and Patrons groups in my opinion.

Did Kenny Jamieson not lambast the board for entertaining Mark Campbell at a time when we needed new investment?

Surely he can’t then be part of a board that would let in someone of a similar ilk? 

20 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

The most important part is terribly worded though and that’s the key here.

I’d expect something will come out today apologising for that section of the email and building bridges with fans.

Again why if we're struggling for cash did the bod sanction giving more money to the manager. Plus it must've cost money we obviously don't have to kit out little kerse for the players which is more cash . You need to tighten your belt and live within your means when situations are lke this surely not spend more and more money and then put begging letters out.

4 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Did Kenny Jamieson not lambast the board for entertaining Mark Campbell at a time when we needed new investment?

Surely he can’t then be part of a board that would let in someone of a similar ilk? 

Kenny Jamieson also said in July the new board had the club on an even keel financially and the next focus was better communications to fans.