The Falkirk FC Thread

3 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

I think DPB was referring to player biographies rather than photographs. Info rather than image. Many are missing. Certainly doesn’t mean the sky is falling in, but it simply means stuff like that is a chronic condition for the website.

Stuff like these two biographies shows the perils of cut and paste. I am sure Gary Oliver might quite like to see a sensible biography there.

4CE3F67F-C50F-4A8D-AFC4-11807146FD77.jpeg

992B253F-0969-42EB-93AE-283AC859A4F7.jpeg

Actually, maybe it’s a technical issue- me obviously.

On my pc absolutely no problem apart from the Malcolm /Oliver cock-up.

However, on my iPhone and iPad the Team section won’t open.

Anyone else encountered this?

2 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Actually, maybe it’s a technical issue- me obviously.

On my pc absolutely no problem apart from the Malcolm /Oliver cock-up.

However, on my iPhone and iPad the Team section won’t open.

Anyone else encountered this?

To the right of 'team' on your phone there's a faint plus sign. Click on that and you'll get options for players and staff.

On 26/09/2022 at 20:57, LatapyBairn. said:

I might be stating the obvious here but to get any more players in will depend on moving a player or two out to free up wages, think McGlynn made that pretty clear when the window closed. I’m sure we are trying to shift a few out the door to allow for a new player coming in but it’s not that simple, another club would actively have to want to take a Wilson/Ross/Heatherington ect of our hands and pay them a wage similar to what they are already on at Falkirk for them to then agree to leave. 

I think that's the sticking point, I don't think we are in a position to pay a portion of any wages to get them out on loan and other clubs can't or won't pay their wages in full. Wilson is out the equation anyway due to being injured. I'd love to see a right back come in but it's looking unlikely. 

1 hour ago, ebobsboy said:

I think that's the sticking point, I don't think we are in a position to pay a portion of any wages to get them out on loan and other clubs can't or won't pay their wages in full. Wilson is out the equation anyway due to being injured. I'd love to see a right back come in but it's looking unlikely. 

Surely paying a portion is better than paying it all like we are currently though.

The Story of the Matchday videos are brilliant & are a welcome addition to the content the club puts out. Well done to Luke who does this [emoji1319]
Would have liked more shots of the crowd during the Dunfermline game. Admittedly this is only so that I could thrash myself senseless over it, but still.

4 hours ago, RC55 FFC said:

The Story of the Matchday videos are brilliant & are a welcome addition to the content the club puts out. Well done to Luke who does this 👏🏻

Yes, these are really good.

When I watched the latest one for the Thistle game, at the 2.00 minute mark as the teams are lining up to go out on to the pitch I honestly thought that Tony Weston was the PT mascot! 😆 I checked on wiki and it says that he is 5' 7" but he looks tiny. 

On 28/09/2022 at 10:21, Bainsfordbairn said:

They had an away game against a premier league side. I'm slightly wary of going into details in case the manager wants them kept quiet, but it was basically what he said in his FFCTV interview. The team was made up of players who're not getting game time right now with a number of the Under 18s featuring. 

McGlynn seems quite open in his interviews; I'm guessing he'll go into details in either his weekly press interview or the next one with FFCTV.  

It was against St. Johnstone and is reported in the Courier:

St Johnstone star David Wotherspoon suffers injury scare (thecourier.co.uk)

Would appear we conceded 4 from the report but doesn't mention much about the actual match.

10 minutes ago, badgerthewitness said:

Can you post a link to this "having a go" update?

Guessing they are referring to this part of the email.

Last year 25 fans invested at least £10,000 each as part of the Patrons’ Group, and they may invest more. A further 500 fans also joined the Falkirk Supporters’ Society at a monthly average of £12 each. They may consider increasing their subscription.

However, we have a latent fan base of at least 5000 supporters and it’s simply not fair if 90% of fans stand back and watch 10% of fans step up. If everyone chips in at a level they can afford, we can easily achieve these goals. But we all need to put our shoulder to the wheel. We’re therefore asking all supporters to sign up for Falkirk Supporter’s Society before the end of October.