The Falkirk FC Thread

The title will certainly not be won or lost on Saturday. However we are fast approaching the first quarter and if we have aspirations of winning this league, and with upmost respect to Clyde, we must continue to show the attitude, desire and application of the two previous games.
For me Saturday could be a game changer, win this one and I’m sure there will be a continuing upturn in support and gate receipts. 
Five good friends down from Dandie land, don’t let us down.

I never seen the bounce game he played in at right back but the only game he started at right back he was woeful. 
Positioning all over the place and both Alloa goals came from the right side.
I think I'll stick with wild 
We need to get him to do something. Perhaps he would be good on the turnstiles?

40 minutes ago, Springfield said:

The title will certainly not be won or lost on Saturday. However we are fast approaching the first quarter and if we have aspirations of winning this league, and with upmost respect to Clyde, we must continue to show the attitude, desire and application of the two previous games.
For me Saturday could be a game changer, win this one and I’m sure there will be a continuing upturn in support and gate receipts. 
Five good friends down from Dandie land, don’t let us down.

I agree.

We were brilliant on Friday, as we were against Hibs and have shown that we can be a very good team in other games this season. I don't think we've been totally shit this season at any point but we have been disappointing at times. If we can cut out the disappointing and give us more very good then I think we've got a very good chance.

In short, we need consistency and we really need to start that on Saturday.

37 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

I agree.

We were brilliant on Friday, as we were against Hibs and have shown that we can be a very good team in other games this season. I don't think we've been totally shit this season at any point but we have been disappointing at times. If we can cut out the disappointing and give us more very good then I think we've got a very good chance.

Totally shit at Kelty.

Hopefully a one off aberration.

3 hours ago, JulioBairn said:

I’ve never bought into the argument that the playoffs would be some sort of achievement. The aim has to be to compete for the title but not bringing a RB in this week could be significant. I think everyone at the club will know that so just hope there is some sort of budget available to do it. 

They’ve finished 5th & 6th in the last 2 seasons. A playoff place is the target, any title would be a major bonus at the moment.

6 hours ago, kiddy said:

They’ve finished 5th & 6th in the last 2 seasons. A playoff place is the target, any title would be a major bonus at the moment.

The last 2 seasons are in the past. New management team, basically a whole new team of signings, McGlynn getting more out of the likes of Nesbitt and McKay etc. than I ever thought possible. Winning the title and getting us out of this league has to be the target, a play-off place guarantees us f*ck all.

1 hour ago, RC55 FFC said:

Me, John or both? I’ll need to listen back 😂

Cheers for listening/watching 👍🏼

Yourself, must be due to his slippery nature. 

To be fair I think John calls him something different that's also not Rumarn but the Ramen was more of a stand out.

15 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

I agree.

Yeah it's one thing losing a tight away game to Airdrie or Montrose even but we can't afford any more displays like Airdrie and keltie away where standards dropped alarmingly. Cut them out and we won't be far away.

I have mixed views on the Airdrie game. I thought their new pitch was atrocious and definitely played into their hands, as they are obviously used to it. The "stickiness" of the pitch with the ball not rolling freely and the strange bounces, was just not natural.  Not to mention the injuries and having to finish with 10 men. Kelty was a disaster of McGlynns making, tinkering with the side.

However, since then we have played really well with a fairly settled team. What has been pleasing is that we have almost totally dominated and controlled these matches, especially 1st half v the Pars and totally against Partick. 

McCann at left back has been a stand out. We need to keep momentum going with a good win against Clyde. Continue playing like the last two games and there were will be few in our league who can live with us.   

5 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

Yeah it's one thing losing a tight away game to Airdrie or Montrose even but we can't afford any more displays like Airdrie and keltie away where standards dropped alarmingly. Cut them out and we won't be far away.

Personally I don't have the Airdrie game in there,on paper it stinks but I thought we passed the ball well in the first half and we were very much still finding our way how to play. 

The kelty game was horrible but I but a big portion of the blame on McGlynn, trying to fit square pegs in round holes with his team selection. The players don't escape blame but a managers team selection and instructions can make players helpless to perform to their best ability.

Burrell tho has improved us greatly and other performers have produced better than previous week's.

17 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Any news on yesterday's bounce game?

They had an away game against a premier league side. I'm slightly wary of going into details in case the manager wants them kept quiet, but it was basically what he said in his FFCTV interview. The team was made up of players who're not getting game time right now with a number of the Under 18s featuring. 

McGlynn seems quite open in his interviews; I'm guessing he'll go into details in either his weekly press interview or the next one with FFCTV.  

17 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

When are we going to get team data on the club website?

I think we must be the only club which doesn’t have this.

What are you looking for? 

The player listing is up and has been for some time.. They could do with using the proper Kai Kennedy headshot but that apart it looks fine to me. 

Players – Falkirk Football Club (falkirkfc.co.uk)

20 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

The player listing is up and has been for some time.. They could do with using the proper Kai Kennedy headshot but that apart it looks fine to me. 

Okay- must be me.

When I click on TEAM under the 3 bars on the top right, nothing comes up?

Fixtures and other menu items are okay.

29 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I think DPB was referring to player biographies rather than photographs. Info rather than image. Many are missing. Certainly doesn’t mean the sky is falling in, but it simply means stuff like that is a chronic condition for the website.

Stuff like these two biographies shows the perils of cut and paste. I am sure Gary Oliver might quite like to see a sensible biography there.

4CE3F67F-C50F-4A8D-AFC4-11807146FD77.jpeg

992B253F-0969-42EB-93AE-283AC859A4F7.jpeg