The Falkirk FC Thread

8 hours ago, Springfield said:

Airdrie & Kelty we’re howlers and thankfully now parked. Still early season but some promising real signs were starting to look better, fitter and dare I say it winners. Might upset a few  but even with Williamson fit, I would still continue with Yeats at RB. Yes he made a few mistakes but his appetite to hound opposing players is simply a joy to watch. Watched McGinn giving Yeats encouragement and applause throughout the game, great leadership from the captain. 

I also noticed Mc Glynn giving Yeats a bit of criticism when he lost the ball. Good to see that standards are high.

11 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Anyone else pick up on McGlynn’s comments on Williamson’s injuries during the FTV interview.

Sounded to me that his patience may be wearing a bit thin with the never ending series of injuries.

Shame for the boy but if you can’t play then you are a dead wage.

Thought there was a few clever comments by McGlynn with his latest interview. Certainly got the impression that Williamson is pissing him off. 

Edited by Springfield

2 hours ago, Springfield said:

Shayne Lavery - brought on by NI, one I had forgotten about. What was his issue with us?

Struggled for fitness a wee bit but McKinnon for some ludicrous reason preferred Aaron Jarvis who is now playing non league whilst lavery plays for Blackpool and Northern Ireland. Even when fit he was overlooked until coming on last game of the season when he played really well in the 3 2 win over county. Crazy.

2 hours ago, FK1Bairn said:

McKinnon preferred Todorov and Aaron Jarvis. 

I dont recall Todorov even getting that much game time. It was Jarvis who was the real inexplicable one. Lavery looked as livewire in every sub appearance he had, yet he never ever got the time Jarvis got. 

Going on the last 2 games, if they stick to what they’re doing, a playoff place is certainly achievable.

The more the players invest in what the management are telling them to do will certainly pay dividends, with that style of play, plan & organisation.

Who knows where it could end?

As others have pointed out, it’s fantastic to have some much-needed squad depth. Kennedy, Lawal and Carroll are all players capable of making an impact off the bench and will be pushing to start more games. Alegria and Williamson to come back from injury, with McKay* and Mackie waiting in the wings, I’ve got a better feeling about the Bairns this season. Let’s keep the momentum going on Saturday. COYB.

*Never thought I’d be saying this about Brad McKay but I’ve been inpressed with him when he’s played so far this year.
The thing about McKay, and same with Paul Watson, they aren't starters at all now, but at least your not automatically shiting it to lose a CH to suspension or a wee niggle.

We're probably a bit better covered in defence with everyone fit than we need to be but its certainly good to have competition. 

Burrell have been superb so far.  Would also like to see Lawal over a full 90.  My impression of him so far is he looks relaxed to the point of lazy but then pops up with something special.  Hard to tell how much he'd influence a game given a longer run.  

6 hours ago, Springfield said:

Shayne Lavery - brought on by NI, one I had forgotten about. What was his issue with us?

Injuries and in the reserve games I saw O'Hara outshone him of which McKinnon was in attendance also.

5 hours ago, FK1Bairn said:

McKinnon preferred Todorov and Aaron Jarvis. 

Todorov got one start for us. Jarvis has scored a whopping 8 goals since he left.....2 in 22 games last season.

I can see a centre half punted once Watson is fit. The amount we have really is a set up for playing three at the back which doesn't look likely.

Watson can play right back mind you.

18 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

Just before the local holidays kick in, would be great to get over 4000 in this Saturday against Clyde. Team & management deserve it anyway & may just be the difference again. 

And it will help the coffers too 

Certainly no-one is likely to have any interest in what we have to offer of “outs”, and it’s equally doubtful if there’s anything left to commit to another wage. Don’t think there will be any activity whatsoever.

23 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Certainly no-one is likely to have any interest in what we have to offer of “outs”, and it’s equally doubtful if there’s anything left to commit to another wage. Don’t think there will be any activity whatsoever.

Maybe worth trying to get Seb Ross game time elsewhere other than that would be surprised to see any movement.