The Falkirk FC Thread

I thought everyone played well however Nesbitt was everywhere, I thought he was excellent. Mcguffie gave the ball away a  couple of times and I can see Lawal replacing him in time because he's a bit stronger in there. He was very unlucky with the shot that hit the post. 

3 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

I thought everyone played well however Nesbitt was everywhere, I thought he was excellent. Mcguffie gave the ball away a  couple of times and I can see Lawal replacing him in time because he's a bit stronger in there. He was very unlucky with the shot that hit the post. 

Mcguffie should've scored early on too after burrell set him up brilliantly but dithered on the ball once again. Team were excellent otherwise though and should've been out of sight by half time.  Burrell looks a real find and should be getting signed up on a longer deal pronto.

On 22/09/2022 at 20:51, bairn88 said:

Really fancy us for tomorrow for some reason. Home form under Mcglynn has been very good 

Form continues, Partick under strength obviously but that was their choice.

Did like Mcglynn’s pre match answer R.E rotation. “We have a bounce game on Tuesday, that’ll be a chance for some players to get minutes”. Paying customers go home happy for the weekend. 

2 hours ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Have to say, developing some very strong feelings for Mr Burrell already xx

He has such confidence for a young lad who has been pumped out on loan a couple of times and apparently failed to impress. Been a while since I've seen a falkirk player coolly holding the ball up in the opposition box. Lee Miller maybe.

If McGlynn does nothing else he has brought us Yeats Donaldson, McGinn Lawal and the exciting Burrell. They appear to want to excel. He has also put a booster in a few others.from last years capitulation. Big tests are the Montrose and Airdrie games. Wins would be massive. The scum fans appear to fear injuries and suspension as in their words their squad is very thin

Guest Ecosse83

Best performance I’ve seen in a while, it was just easy! 

Every player played well but special mention to Nesbitt thought he was great tonight. It’s now looking like we have zero passengers in the team! 

Not a failure in the team tonight. There's some leadership, experience, determination and a willingness to battle in the squad. Those who don't show those qualities know they'll be out the team. 

Can't believe the strength we have on the bench though would still prefer to see Carroll getting minutes than Ross but that's just me being picky. 

Thought Nesbitt was excellent again. Long may it continue. Playing him and Oliver in a deeper role is a tactical masterstroke by McGlynn. Donaldson and McGinn were different gravy at the back, Henderson getting into his stride with more game time as well.

Burrell deserves a mention for absolutely tormenting that Partick defense. Him and Alegria up front together could cause some real damage in the league, though I'm liking the 4-1-4-1 formation we've set up in the last two matches.

McCann has surely got the LB position nailed down now? He was superb again and put the second on a plate for Oliver. On another night we'd have scored at least 5 and probably 6 or 7. I know Partick were rancid but you can only beat what's in front of you and we've made unbelievabley heavy work of beating dross over the last few years 

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

3 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Burrell deserves a mention for absolutely tormenting that Partick defense. 

His movement and mobility, both at EEP on Saturday and again tonight, has been superb. Long may that sort of form continue. And I say that as someone who was extremely sceptical of his signing at the time. We've had a few strikers over the years who have come in completely unknown, to zero fanfare and enthusiasm, and gone on to be big players for the club. Very early days, but perhaps Burrell could be another one. Hope so.