The Falkirk FC Thread

Some amount of hyperbole with regards to Dunfermline playing direct. 
It's a wonder that with Falkirk playing such swashbuckling football that technical players like McGuffie, Nesbitt etc aren't tearing it up, wild. 
You in the wrong thread mate, or did you just wake up from a 3 day kip?

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:
5 minutes ago, Grant228 said:
Some amount of hyperbole with regards to Dunfermline playing direct. 
It's a wonder that with Falkirk playing such swashbuckling football that technical players like McGuffie, Nesbitt etc aren't tearing it up, wild. 

You in the wrong thread mate, or did you just wake up from a 3 day kip?

There was me thinking that PnB was a multi club forum, how silly of me. 

5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

It is mate, but I would have said this thread had moved on a while back. Was unsure of the reason for a sudden return to discussing hoofball?

I'm not on this thread all the time, but these are posts on the last page, that's not a while back IMO. 

20 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

He played well in the 2nd half and showed some excellent touches but he had a great chance, which admittedly he made himself, then completely lacked composure in front of goal thankfully.

Utd sending him to a team managed by McPake also seems like a strange choice. During his whole managerial career, McPake has been a massive advocate of long ball tactics and I’m not sure how Mochrie fits into that.

20 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Did we not back off from taking him?

Would certainly suit our style better than Dunfermlines blooter  up the park stuff.

20 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I’d guess it was more to do with affordability ? Dunfermline will have a bigger budget than us I’d expect.

Agree, I think it’d be tough for more technical players to fit into a McPake team.

10 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

We signed Lawal instead, seemingly weren't happy with the wages United were after. I think Mcpake had to beg the scum board in order to stump up for it and sign him.

47 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Why should McGlynn not do that? Those with the jersey need to keep playing well to keep it. 

I get you, but I'd argue McCann been one of our best, most consistent performers since he came into the side. There's been plenty players who've had bad games who have kept their place in McGlynn's starting 11, I just get the vibe (though I may be wrong) that he ultimately wants to play Mackie there and will take any chance he can to put him back in.

1 hour ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

I get you, but I'd argue McCann been one of our best, most consistent performers since he came into the side. There's been plenty players who've had bad games who have kept their place in McGlynn's starting 11, I just get the vibe (though I may be wrong) that he ultimately wants to play Mackie there and will take any chance he can to put him back in.

Think he’ll start Mackie at LB tomorrow night anyway to give him game time. The other subs from last week may start too unless McGlynn wants to give us the best chance of winning a cup. He certainly took it fairly seriously at RR. 

24 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Last time we changed about for a cup game Dundee scudded us. Keep a settled side and bring your subs on earlier if you want them to have a better run out.

On the flipside, our better and more important players are never going to get a rest, because they are basically irreplaceable. McGinn and Yeats are pretty much required to play every single minute of this season because McGinn is our best player who we will be rank without, and Yeats is one of our best midfielders, and also backup to a right back who is made of shredded wheat. It would be lunacy not to rotate here. Fortunately for Burrell he got a start due to injury, but given what we have seen of him and Lawal in short bursts, it would be absolutely stupid not to start them and let them have a good run out. Likewise Carroll who ought to be getting good minutes tonight, and Kai Kennedy.  

Just the 1 change with the keepers. I’d have been starting Lawal as well. He’s really deserving of more minutes apart from that it’a fair enough.

Hogarth has been fairly shite so far so a chance for Martin to take the spot until PJ is back fit.

23 minutes ago, Russ said:

Just the 1 change with the keepers. I’d have been starting Lawal as well. He’s really deserving of more minutes apart from that it’a fair enough.

Hogarth has been fairly shite so far so a chance for Martin to take the spot until PJ is back fit.

I’d be very surprised if Martin takes his chance to shine.