The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Shodwall cat said:

Boy mochrie looked a right player on Saturday.  

He played well in the 2nd half and showed some excellent touches but he had a great chance, which admittedly he made himself, then completely lacked composure in front of goal thankfully.

Utd sending him to a team managed by McPake also seems like a strange choice. During his whole managerial career, McPake has been a massive advocate of long ball tactics and I’m not sure how Mochrie fits into that.

4 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

He played well in the 2nd half and showed some excellent touches but he had a great chance, which admittedly he made himself, then completely lacked composure in front of goal thankfully.

Utd sending him to a team managed by McPake also seems like a strange choice. During his whole managerial career, McPake has been a massive advocate of long ball tactics and I’m not sure how Mochrie fits into that.

Did we not back off from taking him?

Would certainly suit our style better than Dunfermlines blooter  up the park stuff.

6 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Would certainly suit our style better than Dunfermlines blooter  up the park stuff.

I’d guess it was more to do with affordability ? Dunfermline will have a bigger budget than us I’d expect.

Agree, I think it’d be tough for more technical players to fit into a McPake team.

8 hours ago, Springfield said:

Arthur Montford - you could put all these cheeks/cretins into one brain, wouldn’t touch good old Arthur.

Arthur? A complete amateur versus the one true God of Scottish Football Commentators, Historians, Analysts…….Bob Crampsey. There will never be better.

9 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

We signed Lawal instead, seemingly weren't happy with the wages United were after. I think Mcpake had to beg the scum board in order to stump up for it and sign him.

I guess “agenda posturing” (for want of a better term), is part and parcel of just about every football forum. It’s like everything…….if it’s of no interest, it’s just a matter of reading it or not, or commentating or not.

The days of discussing solely players, tactics and results are long gone, and let’s be honest, this “agenda” behind the scenes stuff is just as likely to reveal reasons for our season (any season) being less than we hoped for…..even when those hopes seem to be very very modest.

2 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

I guess “agenda posturing” (for want of a better term), is part and parcel of just about every football forum. It’s like everything…….if it’s of no interest, it’s just a matter of reading it or not, or commentating or not.

The days of discussing solely players, tactics and results are long gone, and let’s be honest, this “agenda” behind the scenes stuff is just as likely to reveal reasons for our season (any season) being less than we hoped for…..even when those hopes seem to be very very modest.

I have one agenda and that is to see the survival of FFC and, hopefully, it’s progression to higher leagues.

Previous boards have messed up big time and the new incumbents started  off with a poor hand with a minus position at 1st June 2021 and players contracted who were far below the standard we need.

Its now up to the current board to steer us into better times and they have done well in getting a real management team in M and S.

However, the big problem is getting us through this season and, hopefully, that’s what the main focus is on.

We need cash and lots of it.

I see tomorrow night's game is on PPV.

Anyone able to confirm if you can Chromecast or similar the games to a TV?

Happy to pay 12 quid for the pleasure but less inclined if I have to sit and watch it on my phone.

Cheers.

Not 100% ruled out taking a drive through yet.

37 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

I have one agenda and that is to see the survival of FFC and, hopefully, it’s progression to higher leagues.

Previous boards have messed up big time and the new incumbents started  off with a poor hand with a minus position at 1st June 2021 and players contracted who were far below the standard we need.

Its now up to the current board to steer us into better times and they have done well in getting a real management team in M and S.

However, the big problem is getting us through this season and, hopefully, that’s what the main focus is on.

We need cash and lots of it.

Are we not going to make it through this season ?

15 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Are we not going to make it through this season ?

A question that could legitimately be asked of at least 50% of clubs most years. As ever, the answer is “it depends”. In our case, it depends on us closing (and being seen to close) our much spoken of £400k blackhole. It’s all about cash right now, today (with the hope that club restructuring sees the gross mismanagement of previous years be consigned to the bin). For me, there are a good number of individuals that should never be welcomed back to TFS, but that of course, fixes none of the damage. I think anyone from FSS to PG to BoD will be up for anything ideas wise that will help close that gap.

44 minutes ago, H Wragg said:

Happy to pay 12 quid for the pleasure but less inclined if I have to sit and watch it on my phone.

Cheers.

When the games were free to ST holders I used my chromecast to get it on my TV

47 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

A question that could legitimately be asked of at least 50% of clubs most years. As ever, the answer is “it depends”. In our case, it depends on us closing (and being seen to close) our much spoken of £400k blackhole. It’s all about cash right now, today (with the hope that club restructuring sees the gross mismanagement of previous years be consigned to the bin). For me, there are a good number of individuals that should never be welcomed back to TFS, but that of course, fixes none of the damage. I think anyone from FSS to PG to BoD will be up for anything ideas wise that will help close that gap.

We should be approaching Jim Ratcliffe for stadium re-naming. No idea how that would work re the council however.

3 hours ago, H Wragg said:

Cheers.

Aye chromecast works fine

Unpopular opinion maybe but I’d make the PPV a bit more expensive than the walk up ticket although maybe it’s not allowed. Club need the backing in the stadium as well as in the bank and locals watching in the house rather than in the stadium isn’t ideal. 

I get it helps those out of town though or not fit enough to go. 

2 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Anyone else a wee bit worried that the first time Leon McCann has anything approaching a below-average game, McGlynn will use it as an excuse to get Mackie straight back in at left-back?

Why should McGlynn not do that? Those with the jersey need to keep playing well to keep it.