The Falkirk FC Thread

29 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

The  Sellik / Rainjurs pish spouted by Sutton, Boyd and chums gives me severe arse ache.

When will broadcasters realise they are alienating huge chunks of their audience by promoting this rubbish.

Arthur Montford - you could put all these cheeks/cretins into one brain, wouldn’t touch good old Arthur.

3 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

The list of godawful commentators and "analysts" is growing rapidly.

I think I said on a match thread where the hitherto reasonable McCoist was making a show of himself, I am convinced these days they are told to be partisan, to carry on like fans. (and maybe in the case of the BT ones like McManaman and Owen, to also be mind bogglingly stupid)

It's the only explanation I can think of, and I think I maybe blame Chris Sutton for it.

McManaman and 'fletch' going on about an all English final in the Real Madrid City game talking about how City and Liverpool were miles ahead of everyone else in Europe before Real made their comeback is probably one of my favourite tv moments in history. From total smugness to silence in  a matter of minutes 😂

39 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

McManaman and 'fletch' going on about an all English final in the Real Madrid City game talking about how City and Liverpool were miles ahead of everyone else in Europe before Real made their comeback is probably one of my favourite tv moments in history. From total smugness to silence in  a matter of minutes 😂

And all over again in the final. 

3 hours ago, Springfield said:

Arthur Montford - you could put all these cheeks/cretins into one brain, wouldn’t touch good old Arthur.

Guys like Arthur Montford and Dougie Donnelly, who supported Morton and Clyde respectively presented these programmes for years. You don’t get near these shows now unless you are affiliated to one of the bigot brothers. 

1 hour ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

I see that the Board are looking for more people to join the Patrons Group.

£10k a pop to help cover the £400k projected loss.

I wasn’t aware the patrons group had ever been a closed shop? They are continually looking for investment and new members are they not? I know a few of the guys already there are considering putting in more cash which would obviously increase the groups shareholding. Ideally however the FSS should be grown in tandem to match the patrons overall shareholding but unfortunately the membership seems to have stalled at the 500 mark so it may well be left to the patrons group to pick up the slack by increasing its shareholding and injecting liquid cash if the guys are indeed able to scrape some more finance together and fair play to them if that’s what they do having already invested a considerable amount last year. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

No issues with the patrons group looking to add to their members. No different to FSS looking for members too, it’s all relative to what someone can afford to pop in either as a one off or monthly via PayPal. 

It’s all income to the club at the end of the day and helps increase the fans voice too. What fans would have an issue with this? 

I certainly wouldn’t invest unless I was sure the whole projected loss was being covered as, if not, it’s just money down the drain.

Even 25 at £10k is well short of the loss.

Expect the auditors will need to be satisfied that they have the funds in place to meet any shortfall  before signing off the Accounts.

33 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

I certainly wouldn’t invest unless I was sure the whole projected loss was being covered as, if not, it’s just money down the drain.

Even 25 at £10k is well short of the loss.

Expect the auditors will need to be satisfied that they have the funds in place to meet any shortfall  before signing off the Accounts.

Any increase on budgeted match ticket sales, retail, hospitality, sponsorship etc eats into any shortfall too. Doesn’t all fall on FSS and the Patrons increasing payments. 

5 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Unclear of your post, you refer to the auditors as copied below. Is there a bigger issue than the reported 400K?

”the auditors will need to be satisfied that they have the funds in place to meet any shortfall  before signing off the Accounts.

They need to be satisfied that the company is a going concern which means they need to be sure funds are in place to cover the losses. Otherwise they will need to qualify the Accounts which has consequences.

They will need to examine the management accounts to verify the accuracy of the projected loss.