The Falkirk FC Thread

9 minutes ago, FK1Bairn said:

What's the chances those "1300 more home fans" were actually Celtic fans?

Would be easy to find out, anyone not absolutely buzzing in the home end should have been chucked out. Love the idea of a load of Celtic fans with a face like fizz watching their team get pumped amongst folk going mental for it.

10 minutes ago, 101 said:

Would be easy to find out, anyone not absolutely buzzing in the home end should have been chucked out. Love the idea of a load of Celtic fans with a face like fizz watching their team get pumped amongst folk going mental for it.

Perhaps one for unpopular opinions but i don't see much wrong with it, so long as you adhere to the general principles of no colours & keep your mouth shut. I know the old firm bring with them their own set of problems which is why clubs often only sell home tickets to those with a buying history but say i just fancy going to a dundee derby as a neutral, should i need to produce a 20 year old scarf to prove i belong there

13 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

Perhaps one for unpopular opinions but i don't see much wrong with it, so long as you adhere to the general principles of no colours & keep your mouth shut. I know the old firm bring with them their own set of problems which is why clubs often only sell home tickets to those with a buying history but say i just fancy going to a dundee derby as a neutral, should i need to produce a 20 year old scarf to prove i belong there

This is true, but like you say when it's the old firm it's likely a local person to the away ground that has patched their local team for an easy life following a winning team when it suits.

58 minutes ago, 101 said:

The auld BBC giving you a rivalry with Alloa that apparently you have put aside to honour the queen.

Respect x

Yes, Fulham and Chelsea, Alloa and Falkirk, derbies that can wait for another day.

Impressive research.

8 hours ago, Springfield said:

Dont think he’s got any financial pressures, apart from resigning from Cove, he’s been well paid by the clubs who have sacked him, and no doubt another year (maybe two years) salary from Hartlepool, and no doubt the wee gypsy will get another gig up here. 

Hopefully Motherwell it’s high time they were relegated. Does anyone know what happened to the Falkirk tv coverage yesterday when I logged on it was Dunfermline tv that was showing the game. 2 fife numptys who could hardly speak ran the show. Lewis is head and shoulders above them just didn’t get why he wasn’t performing 

8 hours ago, Van_damage said:

Seen this on Twitter. Applaud St.Mirren for thinking of their fans first but think our match at the weekend deserves recognition. 3rd highest attendance in Scotland during the weekend. Couldn’t make it myself but that’s some effort. 

2353715C-6A77-4341-90AA-8C595BA49B00.jpeg

A few post’s already covering this. Don’t know the exact in/outs on St Mids football/financial model, but they seem to be fairing well on and off park. Not sure if it was Martin Ritchie after our drop from the SPL, but I’m sure there was a comment that if you don’t get straight back up with the parachute money, it’s an immediate hit of 1.5M. Dropping down a further league you get a picture of how difficult it is.

Don’t think I made it clear but the point I was making was that Falkirk vs Dunfermline was the 3rd highest attended match in Scotland at the weekend(even beating St.Mirren vs Celtic).

Not sure if it’s been covered in the media but does deserve recognition that a third tier match was better attended than 9 of the 11 matches in the top 2 divisions. 

Edited by Guest

16 minutes ago, Van_damage said:

Don’t think I made it clear but the point I was making was that Falkirk vs Dunfermline was the 3rd highest attended match in Scotland at the weekend(even beating St.Mirren vs Celtic).

Not sure if it’s been covered in the media but does deserve recognition that a third tier match was better attended than 9 of the 11 matches in the top 2 divisions. 

This absolutely.

I think a communal crowd w**k is called for.

Randy Marsh Masturbating GIF by South Park

14 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

And now for something completely different.

I posted over on the Pars v Falkirk thread that “Scottish football needs a strong Falkirk and Dunfermline”, half tongue in cheek but half serious.

It got me thinking about which 12 teams in Scottish football would make up the “perfect” Scottish Premier League in terms of crowds, TV broadcaster interest and derby excitement?

In no particular order I came up with the 4 following blocs:

Falkirk, Dunfermline and Raith Rovers

Sevco, Celtic, Partick Thistle and St Mirren

Hearts and Hibs

Dundee, Dundee United and Aberdeen

Many of the above would also have “crossover” interest, e.g. Falkirk vs Hearts, Hibs vs Dunfermline, Raith Rovers vs Dundee etc. There wouldn’t be a week goes by without some sort of derby on the fixture card.

Motherwell would lose out because I don’t think that their games against Hamilton and Airdrie would nowadays generate enough crowds and interest. Similarly, we have “lost” the St Mirren / Morten derby and the Ayrshire derby. Also, I have omitted St Johnstone because they just don’t have big enough crowds. (if they were in the 3rd tier like we are at the moment I don’t think they would get more than 1,000). Ross County and Inverness CT also lose out because they are too isolated.

Discuss

Purely in terms of size of club you'd be looking at 

Celtic

Sevco

Hearts

Hibs

Aberdeen

Dundee United

Dundee

Kilmarnock

Falkirk

Dunfermline 

Motherwell

St Mirren 

Of course, a 12 team top flight is ridiculous and a 16-18 team league including the likes of Partick, Inverness, Ross County and St Johnstone with everyone playing each other twice would be far better. Sadly there's more chance of Scotland winning the world cup 

1 minute ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Purely in terms of size of club you'd be looking at 

Celtic

Sevco

Hearts

Hibs

Aberdeen

Dundee United

Dundee

Kilmarnock

Falkirk

Dunfermline 

Motherwell

St Mirren 

Of course, a 12 team top flight is ridiculous and a 16-18 team league including the likes of Partick, Inverness, Ross County and St Johnstone with everyone playing each other twice would be far better. Sadly there's more chance of Scotland winning the world cup 

Can't agree I'm afraid mate. There's always a very very small chance Scotland could win the world cup.  The chances of this happening are more akin to Falkirk winning the world cup. In other words simply an impossibility.

1 hour ago, Van_damage said:

We also had a bigger travelling support than Celtic which is pretty amazing.

31 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

We also had a bigger travelling support than Celtic which is pretty amazing.

That's truly amazing! Have you looked into why the current league champions took a smaller support than usual to a game in pretty much their own back yard? Or is simply just that you're a "massive" club?

I wasnt at the game Saturday but would have taken a point beforehand.  

Im quite possibly doing Alloa, Edinburgh etc a massive disservice but I see us as being in competition with DAFC, QOS, Airdrie & Montrose for the four top places (and that the games against them will largely determine where we finish).

We've played all four now and have 1W 2D and 1L and sit behind DAFC, Airdrie & Montrose. 

Those results suggest we're set for a playoff place.  That said it doesn't look like anybody is going to run away with it so you never know.  

COYB.

58 minutes ago, Latapy is god said:

Rumours are that Keith Hogg is going to ban any Falkirk fan identified misbehaving on Saturday.

I misbehaved as I had too much beer on Saturday after the game. Will I be banned?