The Falkirk FC Thread

6 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

As a referee we were always told that if there was no permit, there was no game, and that was always the reason given.

Then you were told complete nonsense.

SPFL clubs play domestic friendly bounce games without official 'permits' all the time. It was banned during covid but has been allowed again since start of last season. 

You need permission to play an open doors friendly and a formal referee appointment. Closed doors you can do what you like. If you are or were a referee I'm finding it hard to believe you were never once approached directly by a club to do a bounce game without it going through the SFA. Every referee I know has done that.

28 minutes ago, Tea and Busquets said:

McCann, McGinn, Donaldson and Burrell were my top picks yesterday. There wasn’t really a failure. Burrell had Benedictus on toast and really should have seen red near the end.

I have to agree with this. Really, really excited about what Burrell can go on to achieve. He had me off my seat more times yesterday than I’ve been off it over the last 2 seasons.

54 minutes ago, Tea and Busquets said:

McCann, McGinn, Donaldson and Burrell were my top picks yesterday. There wasn’t really a failure. Burrell had Benedictus on toast and really should have seen red near the end.

I agree with this and I would also give a bit of credit to the much maligned Nesbitt. Thought he was excellent and at no point in the game hid, was always looking for the ball and did his job yesterday.

37 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I agree with this and I would also give a bit of credit to the much maligned Nesbitt. Thought he was excellent and at no point in the game hid, was always looking for the ball and did his job yesterday.

Agreed re Nesbitt I thought he was also good and probably the next on the list behind the four mentioned. If we had Donaldson and McGinn a few seasons back we’d have been up by now. 

Greaseball sacked already [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Good. Quite like Hartlepool but couldn’t follow them with that dough ball in charge.
Signed 16 new players for them this season but it didn’t work. Sound familiar?
Wonder if he has any more relatives to bail him out for another job…

2 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Don't think Nesbitt's issue is hiding, it's more his end product. 

I was a bit concerned with Henderson's pace yesterday, well lack of it and the challenge was one of the WTF moments. I'm hoping it's match fitness.

We carved the pars defence up a good few times yesterday, better decision making or finishing would've seen us home with 3pts 

2 hours ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Burrell certainly looks a handful, as others have said would like to see him paired with Alegria.  

McKay at right back would be an absolute bombscare.

No he wouldn’t be.

1 hour ago, roman_bairn said:

Good. Quite like Hartlepool but couldn’t follow them with that dough ball in charge.
Signed 16 new players for them this season but it didn’t work. Sound familiar?
Wonder if he has any more relatives to bail him out for another job…

Dont think he’s got any financial pressures, apart from resigning from Cove, he’s been well paid by the clubs who have sacked him, and no doubt another year (maybe two years) salary from Hartlepool, and no doubt the wee gypsy will get another gig up here. 

5 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Then you were told complete nonsense.

SPFL clubs play domestic friendly bounce games without official 'permits' all the time. It was banned during covid but has been allowed again since start of last season. 

You need permission to play an open doors friendly and a formal referee appointment. Closed doors you can do what you like. If you are or were a referee I'm finding it hard to believe you were never once approached directly by a club to do a bounce game without it going through the SFA. Every referee I know has done that.

We were always specifically told by our referees association not to take charge of any games which did not have a permit, including bounce games. It may be that there are different rules for senior clubs than was the case with amateur/Junior clubs in Ayrshire at that stage. Lots of people still did it, but it was made clear that this was not officially authorised in any way and that you could get into disciplinary issues if caught out.

And now for something completely different.

I posted over on the Pars v Falkirk thread that “Scottish football needs a strong Falkirk and Dunfermline”, half tongue in cheek but half serious.

It got me thinking about which 12 teams in Scottish football would make up the “perfect” Scottish Premier League in terms of crowds, TV broadcaster interest and derby excitement?

In no particular order I came up with the 4 following blocs:

Falkirk, Dunfermline and Raith Rovers

Sevco, Celtic, Partick Thistle and St Mirren

Hearts and Hibs

Dundee, Dundee United and Aberdeen

Many of the above would also have “crossover” interest, e.g. Falkirk vs Hearts, Hibs vs Dunfermline, Raith Rovers vs Dundee etc. There wouldn’t be a week goes by without some sort of derby on the fixture card.

Motherwell would lose out because I don’t think that their games against Hamilton and Airdrie would nowadays generate enough crowds and interest. Similarly, we have “lost” the St Mirren / Morten derby and the Ayrshire derby. Also, I have omitted St Johnstone because they just don’t have big enough crowds. (if they were in the 3rd tier like we are at the moment I don’t think they would get more than 1,000). Ross County and Inverness CT also lose out because they are too isolated.

Discuss

36 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

I posted over on the Pars v Falkirk thread that “Scottish football needs a strong Falkirk and Dunfermline”, half tongue in cheek but half serious.

It got me thinking about which 12 teams in Scottish football would make up the “perfect” Scottish Premier League in terms of crowds, TV broadcaster interest and derby excitement?

Hearts and Hibs

Many of the above would also have “crossover” interest, e.g. Falkirk vs Hearts, Hibs vs Dunfermline, Raith Rovers vs Dundee etc. There wouldn’t be a week goes by without some sort of derby on the fixture card.

Motherwell would lose out because I don’t think that their games against Hamilton and Airdrie would nowadays generate enough crowds and interest. Similarly, we have “lost” the St Mirren / Morten derby and the Ayrshire derby. Also, I have omitted St Johnstone because they just don’t have big enough crowds. (if they were in the 3rd tier like we are at the moment I don’t think they would get more than 1,000). Ross County and Inverness CT also lose out because they are too isolated.

Discuss

It’s irrelevant when the mercenaries that run our game, have decided that’s it’s the SPL and Fck everyone else.
The STJs and MWls survive on the cash riches distributed to each other and whore off their stadiums to the arse cheeks, at every opportunity. Strange that STmids have decided to give one stand to one of the arse cheeks, and guess what they win……….

2 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Hearts and Hibs

Discuss

1 hour ago, Springfield said:

It’s irrelevant when the mercenaries that run our game, have decided that’s it’s the SPL and Fck everyone else.
The STJs and MWls survive on the cash riches distributed to each other and whore off their stadiums to the arse cheeks, at every opportunity. Strange that STmids have decided to give one stand to one of the arse cheeks, and guess what they win……….

There are only the two arse cheeks, then the rest.

Far from having seen Aberdeen Hearts & Hibs selling out Brockville, the two Dundee clubs could attract a similar following if in contention for silverware.

However, they all had the chance to make a grab for contention, when the old club died, by locking the zombies out, & competing with the green half of the sisters as they withered on the vine without their partner.

The whole lot shat it & sold out for a quick buck. He’ll mend the lot of them.

Seen this on Twitter. Applaud St.Mirren for thinking of their fans first but think our match at the weekend deserves recognition. 3rd highest attendance in Scotland during the weekend. Couldn’t make it myself but that’s some effort. 

2353715C-6A77-4341-90AA-8C595BA49B00.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Van_damage said:

Seen this on Twitter. Applaud St.Mirren for thinking of their fans first but think our match at the weekend deserves recognition. 3rd highest attendance in Scotland during the weekend. Couldn’t make it myself but that’s some effort. 

2353715C-6A77-4341-90AA-8C595BA49B00.jpeg

What's the chances those "1300 more home fans" were actually Celtic fans?