The Falkirk FC Thread

55 minutes ago, Shabba said:

Henderson came over and apologised to the fans at the end, don’t think there can be any debate, it was a penalty.

We were really good in the first half, if we scored a 2nd goal I think we would’ve won it.

Second half, we rode our luck but should’ve scored at least once ourselves.

Plenty of positives to take but we need to build on it. We can’t keep throwing in Kelty type performances. I don’t see Airdrie or Dunfermline losing too many games over the season. We need to be the same, a bad day at the office should get us a draw 

An away point at the home ground of a league challenger was a better result for Falkirk than it was for the Pars.

6 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

As a referee we were always told that if there was no permit, there was no game, and that was always the reason given.

Then you were told complete nonsense.

SPFL clubs play domestic friendly bounce games without official 'permits' all the time. It was banned during covid but has been allowed again since start of last season. 

You need permission to play an open doors friendly and a formal referee appointment. Closed doors you can do what you like. If you are or were a referee I'm finding it hard to believe you were never once approached directly by a club to do a bounce game without it going through the SFA. Every referee I know has done that.

28 minutes ago, Tea and Busquets said:

McCann, McGinn, Donaldson and Burrell were my top picks yesterday. There wasn’t really a failure. Burrell had Benedictus on toast and really should have seen red near the end.

I have to agree with this. Really, really excited about what Burrell can go on to achieve. He had me off my seat more times yesterday than I’ve been off it over the last 2 seasons.

54 minutes ago, Tea and Busquets said:

McCann, McGinn, Donaldson and Burrell were my top picks yesterday. There wasn’t really a failure. Burrell had Benedictus on toast and really should have seen red near the end.

I agree with this and I would also give a bit of credit to the much maligned Nesbitt. Thought he was excellent and at no point in the game hid, was always looking for the ball and did his job yesterday.

37 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I agree with this and I would also give a bit of credit to the much maligned Nesbitt. Thought he was excellent and at no point in the game hid, was always looking for the ball and did his job yesterday.

Agreed re Nesbitt I thought he was also good and probably the next on the list behind the four mentioned. If we had Donaldson and McGinn a few seasons back we’d have been up by now. 

Greaseball sacked already [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Good. Quite like Hartlepool but couldn’t follow them with that dough ball in charge.
Signed 16 new players for them this season but it didn’t work. Sound familiar?
Wonder if he has any more relatives to bail him out for another job…

2 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Don't think Nesbitt's issue is hiding, it's more his end product. 

I was a bit concerned with Henderson's pace yesterday, well lack of it and the challenge was one of the WTF moments. I'm hoping it's match fitness.

We carved the pars defence up a good few times yesterday, better decision making or finishing would've seen us home with 3pts 

2 hours ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Burrell certainly looks a handful, as others have said would like to see him paired with Alegria.  

McKay at right back would be an absolute bombscare.

No he wouldn’t be.

1 hour ago, roman_bairn said:

Good. Quite like Hartlepool but couldn’t follow them with that dough ball in charge.
Signed 16 new players for them this season but it didn’t work. Sound familiar?
Wonder if he has any more relatives to bail him out for another job…

Dont think he’s got any financial pressures, apart from resigning from Cove, he’s been well paid by the clubs who have sacked him, and no doubt another year (maybe two years) salary from Hartlepool, and no doubt the wee gypsy will get another gig up here.