The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Newbornbairn said:

We desperately, urgently need a right back. Yeats was skinned again and again which meant both McGuffie and Donaldson were dragged over to try and cover. 

Thought Yeats was fine, but ran himself into the ground & looked knacked  with 20 to go.

As for McGuffie covering? That’s what you should be doing, when working in tandem with your right back & he’s up the park. Last time I can mind of us having that was Duffie & Weatherson.

The two of them had good games.

Worrying that Williamson, after playing well is out for multiple games injured again. But his recent injury record was known when he signed.

Given Mcglynn’s interview said Mackie was ill and wasn’t fit to start, I am a bit concerned we’ll be going back to a Mccann-Donaldson-Henderson-Mackie back 4 a la Kelty next league match with Yeats back into midfield 
Not convinced you can read too much into that tbh. He's hardly going to say Mackie was ill last week but it doesn't matter cos he's benched anyway.

It was pass marks for all in the defence for me yesterday including McCann who there would be absolutely no excuse to drop, and the experimenting with him at RB should be burned from our collective consciousness.

4 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Penalty was one of those that they never ever used to give but now do. For years late tackles in the box when a player was shooting or crossing were overlooked by officials.  I think he's trying to block the cross but makes a bit of a mess of it.

It’s 100% a penalty, get a grip. 

Absolute needless tackle from Henderson.

Henderson came over and apologised to the fans at the end, don’t think there can be any debate, it was a penalty.

We were really good in the first half, if we scored a 2nd goal I think we would’ve won it.

Second half, we rode our luck but should’ve scored at least once ourselves.

Plenty of positives to take but we need to build on it. We can’t keep throwing in Kelty type performances. I don’t see Airdrie or Dunfermline losing too many games over the season. We need to be the same, a bad day at the office should get us a draw 

Think Yeats is currently our best option at right back. I think he is growing into that position and will get better as the season progresses.

Williamson had one outstanding game in a team on the front foot, but has shown time and time again that he can’t tackle or defend well. Plus the fact he is made of “glass” doesn’t help. 

35 minutes ago, JinkyBairn said:

It’s 100% a penalty, get a grip. 

Absolute needless tackle from Henderson.

Have you viewed the highlights? It’s no more a pen than fly in the air.

Yes the defender is guilty of going to ground, in an attempt to block the cross; but the forward falls over in the act of making that cross.

Do you think play would have been pulled back, had the man at the back finished?

An extremely poor decision, as he was already going down, which put them right back in the match. 

I didn't say at any point it wasn't a pen.Ive watched football for 45 years plus and for years always wondered why those challenges in the box after a player had either shot or crossed were never given as penalty's . Anyone of my age will agree and you can watch back to old games and see players shooting and getting cleared out and the ref playing on. Now they are quite rightly given as penalties as they would be fouls anywhere on the pitch. 

Edited by Shodwall cat

10 minutes ago, Zbairn said:

Think Yeats is currently our best option at right back. I think he is growing into that position and will get better as the season progresses.

Williamson had one outstanding game in a team on the front foot, but has shown time and time again that he can’t tackle or defend well. Plus the fact he is made of “glass” doesn’t help. 

Keeping Williamson fit is the main problem, but Yeats was fine & the balance of the side looked good yesterday.

55 minutes ago, Shabba said:

Henderson came over and apologised to the fans at the end, don’t think there can be any debate, it was a penalty.

We were really good in the first half, if we scored a 2nd goal I think we would’ve won it.

Second half, we rode our luck but should’ve scored at least once ourselves.

Plenty of positives to take but we need to build on it. We can’t keep throwing in Kelty type performances. I don’t see Airdrie or Dunfermline losing too many games over the season. We need to be the same, a bad day at the office should get us a draw 

An away point at the home ground of a league challenger was a better result for Falkirk than it was for the Pars.