The Falkirk FC Thread

5 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I was actually shocked by their tactics today (I know I shouldn’t be with McPake as their manager). The majority of their attacks started with a punt from their goalie.

To be fair I don’t think either team would win any awards for playing nice football . We had our fair share of long punts as well

2 minutes ago, Just a bairn said:

To be fair I don’t think either team would win any awards for playing nice football . We had our fair share of long punts as well

I don’t think it was anywhere near as many as them. I don’t look at stats but I’d be surprised if their goalie didn’t attempt the most passes in their team. That’s not a criticism btw, that’s what you get with McPake.

We should have won that. Liam Henderson got them out of jail with that moment of lunacy. Much much better than Kelty.
We absolutely have to continue to build off of that. Kelty has to be made to be an aberration.

We were toe to toe today away from home against a team that neither lose nor concede.

Was concerned Burrell had only shown flashes in advantageous situations before today, but he proved himself there on a big stage. We now seem to have some firepower that SHOULD be enough to see off a lot of the teams in this league.

Friday v Partick comes at a good time. Bit of rotation I’m sure, Lawal and Mackie to start, hopefully Kai Kennedy too. 

Was concerned Burrell had only shown flashes in advantageous situations before today, but he proved himself there on a big stage. We now seem to have some firepower that SHOULD be enough to see off a lot of the teams in this league.
Friday v Partick comes at a good time. Bit of rotation I’m sure, Lawal and Mackie to start, hopefully Kai Kennedy too. 

Can we add Carroll to that? I’d have loved to see him get the last half hour today. We took our foot off the gas and allowed Dunfermline back in.
I thought if we had brought Lawell and Carroll on that could have pushed us forward a lot more but I want to give a lot of credit to Nesbitt today. I thought he was everywhere today for a change…

9 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Can we add Carroll to that? I’d have loved to see him get the last half hour today. We took our foot off the gas and allowed Dunfermline back in.
I thought if we had brought Lawell and Carroll on that could have pushed us forward a lot more but I want to give a lot of credit to Nesbitt today. I thought he was everywhere today for a change…

I agree regarding Nesbitt, thought he was excellent today and actually showed a lot of fight and desire. We are quick to rip into him but I thought he was decent today.

11 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Don’t think that it was a matter of taking our foot off the gas more a case of not being able to sustain the incredibly high work rate and performance of the first half.

Fantastic support and atmosphere today but a minority really let us down during the minutes silence, whatever your view is on the monarchy is fine but surely to f**k people can show a little respect for 1 minute for somebody who has died!

And get those flares to f**k as well, wouldn't be surprised if the club end up with a fine, we can little afford. One of those flares also hit a Falkirk fan on the head who was standing at the front with his young son, could have been a lot worse if it had hit the young lad. It's ironic it took friggin ages to get in and some people missing the start of the game due to everybody getting searched and still managed to get a box load of them in?

Some people either need to grow up or drink less.

Don’t think that it was a matter of taking our foot off the gas more a case of not being able to sustain the incredibly high work rate and performance of the first half.

Definitely agree that would be a factor. A few looked out on their feet. Some attacking midfielders may have taken a bit of pressure off the defence and brought us a much needed goal in the second half…

Thought Burrell was superb today. He will score over 10 this year I’m sure but he is so good at brining others into play. Felt sorry for Henderson as he also had a good game . If the team play like that then they absolutely can win this league 

On 16/09/2022 at 20:14, Reggie Perrin said:

Would you seriously expect any different from the club’s own media team!

This. 

You won’t find club media anywhere in the country giving managers/players a hard time in interviews because they have a job/relationships to keep. Some here have been banging on about our club media not asking difficult questions for years and it’s sheer stupidity to think they ever will. 

It’s the journalists who attend the press conferences and do post match interviews for the papers who are meant to ask the hard questions.

Happy with the performance and should have been out of sight at half time. Application desire and effort was fantastic, inevitably looked tired but should have won it late on. Fantastic backing and last word on Nisbett, thought he was outstanding (yes happy to eat some humble pie) can you please turn up every game please !

We desperately, urgently need a right back. Yeats was skinned again and again which meant both McGuffie and Donaldson were dragged over to try and cover. 
When was the last update on Williamson? Pissed me off lastnight that Lewis asked for a an injury update and neither of them mentioned Williamson. We even got chat about a tummy bug for a guy who was on the bench [emoji23]

40 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

We desperately, urgently need a right back. Yeats was skinned again and again which meant both McGuffie and Donaldson were dragged over to try and cover. 

Totally agree, Yeats has been a good find, but struggled yesterday. Sounds like Williamson is out for a while, and think our purse is emptied.

McGlynn did say he was able to field a bounce game with the squad, after getting players back from injury, so it’s unlikely we’ll see a new RB.