The Falkirk FC Thread

5 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

A bizarre comparison given lockdowns saved approx 3.2 million lives in the EU alone. I agree with Shodwell, the problem following what they deem as 'logic' is that these people tend to be a bit thick. Wouldn't be surprised if UEFA throw the book at Sevco for their anthem last night as well. Get told you cant do something and do it anyway = face the consequences 

Make that statement on the Covid thread and people will happily debate with you but it’s not appropriate on here.

52 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

I would say based on the stand capacity (3,016) - less the sections not on sale yet (850 lower tier seats  and 400 in block Y), those 4 sections would hold around 1,750.

I can't be bothered dot counting but looks like around 500 unsold so I'd put our numbers at the 1200-1300 mark so far. Should break the 1500 barrier by Saturday which is in reality very decent considering the football and general circusry we've had to put up with for the last 5 years.

648463663_Screenshot2022-09-15at17_38_14.thumb.png.07ee520b22ee9e62a12502ffac92ea9b.png

It looks like a decent number of tickets have been sold today tbh and will again tomorrow. We’ll have 2000 there on Sat I reckon. 

10 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

A bizarre comparison given lockdowns saved approx 3.2 million lives in the EU alone. I agree with Shodwell, the problem following what they deem as 'logic' is that these people tend to be a bit thick. Wouldn't be surprised if UEFA throw the book at Sevco for their anthem last night as well. Get told you cant do something and do it anyway = face the consequences 

Utterly wrong. I won’t be getting political however clearly playing an amateur football match is in no way disrespectful to queen Elizabeth. I defy anyone to accuse me of being thick for thinking so. 

14 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

I would say based on the stand capacity (3,016) - less the sections not on sale yet (850 lower tier seats  and 400 in block Y), those 4 sections would hold around 1,750.

I can't be bothered dot counting but looks like around 500 unsold so I'd put our numbers at the 1200-1300 mark so far. Should break the 1500 barrier by Saturday which is in reality very decent considering the football and general circusry we've had to put up with for the last 5 years.

648463663_Screenshot2022-09-15at17_38_14.thumb.png.07ee520b22ee9e62a12502ffac92ea9b.png

Good guess, 504.

Slow morning..

18 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

That graphic just makes me think of the numerous divvies who will show up to this one and insist on taking their allocated seat

This always minds me of the Hamilton cup game were Alston scored a cracker where a group of young guys wouldn't move from the front row for a very old pensioner with walking stick despite numbered seats, stewards got involved and it was starting to get nasty. People can be dicks either way. If it's not close to a sell out fair enough but if not and someone wants their specific seat give it to them as nobody moves from their seat to a worse seat!

If it's a sellout then sit in your allocated seat. If it's not, don't bother. If you're a big group that all want to sit together in 1 row don't arrive at 2 minutes to 3. Simple really. Tbf it helps when the stewards aren't being utter fannies like at Dundee by refusing to open another section only for it to inevitably be required 10 minutes later 

If it's a sellout then sit in your allocated seat. If it's not, don't bother. If you're a big group that all want to sit together in 1 row don't arrive at 2 minutes to 3. Simple really. Tbf it helps when the stewards aren't being utter fannies like at Dundee by refusing to open another section only for it to inevitably be required 10 minutes later 
Just for clarity, I have no issue with either system, its just that if you go to numerous away games every season, or indeed attend our own #KM7, you will be well used to the concept of sitting wherever you want, but my experience is that in busy away games, this always rears its head, and it has to be from people who rarely attend away games.

Once there's a decent number of folk in, then you have to know that demanding your allocated seat is simply making it hard for the folk you are demanding move, because someone will be in their seat.

It's a petty annoyance tbf.

22 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Anything above 1,000 is amazing in my eyes, especially given recent times as you mention. Absolutely buzzing for this one. Don't let us down lads. COYB