The Falkirk FC Thread

2 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

That makes some sense but these are amateurs paying for the privilege to play football. Any sanctions that they impose be it financial, a points deduction or suspension from the league would be way over the top in my mind. Give the a slap on the wrist and move on.

The sanctions for various levels of misdemeanor will be set out in the rules of the league that they signed up to I would think. Im sure if they had played their friendly with zero fuss it's doubtful anyone would have bothered but they splashed it all over Twitter which is going to be like a red rag to a bull for any league management committee. Now the league has to follow its own rules regarding punishment or it opens a can of worms for future incidents unfortunately.  Very poor decision to stop matches at that level followed by a very poor decision to publicise the fact they were ignoring them.

On 14/09/2022 at 08:34, Chinatoon Bairn said:

Plenty Falkirk fans will be in the Elizabethan for the game regardless of being there for the FFS event or not. Roman have two busses booked in and are leaving Falkirk either 11 or 11:30

Oooffttttt carnage 😂

31 minutes ago, AdamAnt said:

The Elizabethan is a restaurant now. Would definitely avoid like the plague as it’ll be full of families and pensioners. 

It’s served food for years. It won’t be full of families and pensioners on a Saturday afternoon when there is a match on.

I’ve been in there on a Saturday afternoon out with Falkirk playing with people from work and it’s your typical pub with a mixture of people watching soccer Saturday etc. Its a good, welcoming, well run pub.

If it’s not your scene, don’t go, you won’t be missed.

Sir Tony helping himself to a hattrick 

I know it was 2 divisions higher and we actually had a decent team back then but we pretty much filled the stand behind the goal that day. Would be great if we could take through at least 2k on Saturday

1407578528_Screenshot2022-09-15at12_02_23.thumb.png.aafc46dfffa7e0916fd41211126c14c4.png

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

2 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

I think there's two issues here though. Firstly whether grassroots football should be cancelled or not. I for one can't see why it was seems a poor decision. However, once that decision has been made rightly or wrongly the teams involved should follow the decision made and then raise their complaints with the league . Seems incredibly silly to have highlighted the whole thing on twitter too so it's no surprise they're getting into bother.

That’s the exact mentality that saw us stay 18 months in a pointless lockdown. They’ve done the right thing and only followed their logic rather than ridiculous rules. 

7 minutes ago, Maverick_- said:

That’s the exact mentality that saw us stay 18 months in a pointless lockdown. They’ve done the right thing and only followed their logic rather than ridiculous rules. 

A bizarre comparison given lockdowns saved approx 3.2 million lives in the EU alone. I agree with Shodwell, the problem following what they deem as 'logic' is that these people tend to be a bit thick. Wouldn't be surprised if UEFA throw the book at Sevco for their anthem last night as well. Get told you cant do something and do it anyway = face the consequences 

5 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

I think there's two issues here though. Firstly whether grassroots football should be cancelled or not. I for one can't see why it was seems a poor decision. However, once that decision has been made rightly or wrongly the teams involved should follow the decision made and then raise their complaints with the league . Seems incredibly silly to have highlighted the whole thing on twitter too so it's no surprise they're getting into bother.

If it is played as a friendly why should that be an issue for the ruling authority?

A bizarre comparison given lockdowns saved approx 3.2 million lives in the EU alone. I agree with Shodwell, the problem following what they deem as 'logic' is that these people tend to be a bit thick. Wouldn't be surprised if UEFA throw the book at Sevco for their anthem last night as well. Get told you cant do something and do it anyway = face the consequences 
Not sure about that. Rangers broke a UEFA rule in a UEFA fixture. Surely the league association only have a right to tell teams that their association fixture cannot be fulfilled. What right would the SPFL, for example, have to tell Falkirk FC they couldn't play a bounce game on any given date?

5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
3 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Not sure about that. Rangers broke a UEFA rule in a UEFA fixture. Surely the league association only have a right to tell teams that their association fixture cannot be fulfilled. What right would the SPFL, for example, have to tell Falkirk FC they couldn't play a bounce game on any given date?

SFA member clubs need a permit to play a friendly match - without one your player insurance would be invalid.

The Elizabethan does serve food but it always has, with it's location it wouldn't have survived if it was just a pub. 

it's s the most popular pre match pub with away fans but you'll have some home fans, was in there before the Airdrie, good pre Match location for a pint. 

Edited by Grant228

5 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Sir Tony helping himself to a hattrick 

I know it was 2 divisions higher and we actually had a decent team back then but we pretty much filled the stand behind the goal that day. Would be great if we could take through at least 2k on Saturday

1407578528_Screenshot2022-09-15at12_02_23.thumb.png.aafc46dfffa7e0916fd41211126c14c4.png

Not at all sure he would appreciate being called Sir Tony…

5 hours ago, Forever_Blue_ said:

Any idea how much of the allocated 2,000 tickets have sold for Saturday? Confident of a quality crowd

I would say based on the stand capacity (3,016) - less the sections not on sale yet (850 lower tier seats  and 400 in block Y), those 4 sections would hold around 1,750.

I can't be bothered dot counting but looks like around 500 unsold so I'd put our numbers at the 1200-1300 mark so far. Should break the 1500 barrier by Saturday which is in reality very decent considering the football and general circusry we've had to put up with for the last 5 years.

648463663_Screenshot2022-09-15at17_38_14.thumb.png.07ee520b22ee9e62a12502ffac92ea9b.png

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876