The Falkirk FC Thread

2 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

If she does pass away it might be time to check on any Rangurs fans you should know, they have had one fucker of a week. 

Family team scudded twice this week then had to meet with Boris Johnson and Liz Truss, shouldn’t be surprised it was too much for her.

2 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I’m no expert on royal protocol but I’m sure the funeral will be 10 days after she dies so if she goes today that would be next Sunday, I’ve a feeling it would be a period of mourning and both games could get cancelled. I might be wrong though.

I've been told funeral will be next Saturday...

I'm friends with Prince Andrew 😂🙂

No. Don’t think they adopted Queen after the last King died. Anyway, I think it’s increasingly likely that this week’s fixtures are going to be postponed.

Dont think there’s enough camera units to cover football and the Queen stuff.

1 hour ago, Duncan Freemason said:

No. Don’t think they adopted Queen after the last King died. Anyway, I think it’s increasingly likely that this week’s fixtures are going to be postponed.

Dont think there’s enough camera units to cover football and the Queen stuff.

Whoosh.

5 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

The thought of people actually participating in a minutes silence for the old bag sickens me. 

Rather the football was off than go through with that.

Minute's silence at Ibrox, a minute's applause everywhere else? 👏 It can be taken as either a mark of respect or clapping that she has gone. Up to the individual.

11 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Probably better if we stick to talking about Falkirk and don’t get all political.  There are 2 other teams threads that would absolutely welcome that type of debate.

I’m not a monarchist by any means but personally I think there’s a difference between opposing an institution and respecting the fact that a 96 year old mother and grandmother has just died.

The edge lord nonsense is best left to the east end of Glasgow. 

Anyone care to show their working on how cancelling football games, or any form of entertainment for that matter, equates to a ‘mark of respect’? Doubt she’d have been arsed if Falkirk vs Alloa went ahead or not, to be honest. On a wider scale, you’re going to have people across the country who will have booked trains, hotels etc and workers who might rely on money from these shifts having them cancelled at short notice. Riddy and a half. 

Edited by 18BAIRN76