The Falkirk FC Thread

I would hope McGlynn will have the team up for it on Saturday, because Ricey will have his players ready to take advantage of any tactical gaffs or nervousness amongst our players.

Fully expect Alloa to go for the jugular on Saturday.

7 hours ago, RC_Bairn said:

That's too simplistic a take on things.  I agree that McGuffie and Nesbitt have been poor but you could also argue they were central to what limited 'success' we have had this season.  Only a few weeks ago people were lauding our LC 'success' - we only made it out of the group due to Nesbitt's goal v Hibs and McGuffie's goal v Clyde.

The circumstances why they still play are TOTALLY within McGlynn's control.

Got to disagree. I think the Nesbitt’s goal v Hibs and McGuffie’s v Clyde are false complications. Why? Simply because with our two serial underperformers gone, more engaged/driven players in their positions could have just as readily scored against Hibs and Clyde as well as perhaps not allowing Airdrie to score four or Kelty to score two.

More than any others in the side, McGuffie and Nesbitt are the ones most likely to check out and leave us two players light. Look around at the rest of the league, and I don’t think there are too many sides wondering “if only we had Nesbitt and McGuffie, we would be so much better”.

Management and many players have changed since last season, yet already we have seen two performances as bad as last season. I think it’s no coincidence that Nesbitt and McGuffie are involved in those dire performances. Replacing them with players who can’t dance around the ball but who give it 100% every game could improve us……..a lot. McGuffie and Nesbitt aren’t the type of players that you can depend on.

6 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Results in this league never fail to surprise every week. Airdrie losing 6-0 to FCE, us losing to Kelty another. 
The one prediction I know will happen is there will be more surprises in the coming weeks and months. 

I said afore a ball was kicked that January window may push someone to win this league, that still could be the case but the fifers have started well, our winning league teams generally did too.

I hope it's tight at the top but fear it is a season too early for McGlynn to do his job the way he wants.....far too many wasters still here 

1 hour ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Got to disagree. I think the Nesbitt’s goal v Hibs and McGuffie’s v Clyde are false complications. Why? Simply because with our two serial underperformers gone, more engaged/driven players in their positions could have just as readily scored against Hibs and Clyde as well as perhaps not allowing Airdrie to score four or Kelty to score two.

Only two ?

52 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

It's a funny old game right enough. Billy Reid could be asst manager at Chelsea by the weekend. Didn't ever see that coming when he managed Clyde.

It’s actually a great story of a guy who started at the bottom and worked his way up and also had the balls to try his luck and grow his knowledge outside the UK for a while. He’s hit the jackpot now !!

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:
21 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:
Our game against the Pars next weekend might not go ahead if the Queen croaks.

If she goes today, surely just the Alloa game?

I’m no expert on royal protocol but I’m sure the funeral will be 10 days after she dies so if she goes today that would be next Sunday, I’ve a feeling it would be a period of mourning and both games could get cancelled. I might be wrong though.

11 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

World Cup in a couple of months... Can the leagues afford to rap two weeks of football?

I don’t think it’ll be optional mate. Given the level of visitors to the country ie. Politicians/Royalty etc for a state funeral there won’t be the level of police/security forces available to allow football to go ahead.