The Falkirk FC Thread

He's maybe still hanging on to some forlorn hope that they will eventually do a job for him, if that's the case then time is rapidly running out, at some point he will realise that they aren't ever going to be good enough and probably make his job a whole lot easier at the end of the season when the exodus get their jotters. 

1 hour ago, RC_Bairn said:

That's too simplistic a take on things.  I agree that McGuffie and Nesbitt have been poor but you could also argue they were central to what limited 'success' we have had this season.  Only a few weeks ago people were lauding our LC 'success' - we only made it out of the group due to Nesbitt's goal v Hibs and McGuffie's goal v Clyde.

The circumstances why they still play are TOTALLY within McGlynn's control.

What can’t be argued is that both have been at the club for over a year and have not contributed anywhere near enough over that period.

Nesbitt has had 2 or 3 decent games since last September. Mcguffie likewise.

32 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Three league games and we’ve completed a quarter of our season. Throw in the Partick cup game, interesting to see where we are at the beginning of October.

If we are serious about challenging for the league title & not going too far behind the current leader then it needs to be 9pts really. 

Results in this league never fail to surprise every week. Airdrie losing 6-0 to FCE, us losing to Kelty another. 
The one prediction I know will happen is there will be more surprises in the coming weeks and months. 

12 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Results in this league never fail to surprise every week. Airdrie losing 6-0 to FCE, us losing to Kelty another. 
The one prediction I know will happen is there will be more surprises in the coming weeks and months. 

Remains to be seen how many more times a shit result from us will be seen as a surprise. 

43 minutes ago, Higgenarse said:

Definitely not a surprise result.  They were also considered by many to be one of the favourites for going up

Based on the records from the start of the season of course it was a result that was not expected. Games are not won or lost in the betting shop 

I think the league is sufficiently string that 2 will go up again this season, but its already looking fairly ominous for me that everyone has had a fucking crap result except Dunfermline. Feels like a bit of a comfort blanket to say "there will be twists and turns" when what the early evidence suggests is that this will be true for the rest, whilst they slowly but surely widen the gap and canter it.

It's early, but that's my early feel.

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I think the league is sufficiently string that 2 will go up again this season, but its already looking fairly ominous for me that everyone has had a fucking crap result except Dunfermline. Feels like a bit of a comfort blanket to say "there will be twists and turns" when what the early evidence suggests is that this will be true for the rest, whilst they slowly but surely widen the gap and canter it.

It's early, but that's my early feel.

We’ll know more after our next 2 games. 6 points would be a great boost.

28 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

We’ll know more after our next 2 games. 6 points would be a great boost.

Would snap your hand off for 4. With that squad we are in “stay within touching distance til january” territory once again 

Edited by bairn88

Just now, Bigbri Bairn said:
2 hours ago, Andy Dufresne said:
What a night that was,the reaction of the ball boys for the 4th goal lol

See the crowd and listen to the noise. Wish we could still get that excitement. Miss the feel of being a regular part of the "choir ". Far too sanitised these days. Great game

That was a wonderful night but the atmosphere only a few days ago against QoS was pretty good.

If the team perform the crowd get right behind them.

It’s become our standard coping mechanism. When we have yet another horrible result, we look back and remember better days. After last Saturday’s dire performance, looking forward isn’t particularly appealing.