The Falkirk FC Thread

On 02/09/2022 at 15:28, FFC 1876 said:

He is indeed, him or Devine from Rangers look to be the only viable options on loan from the premiership in that position but with Rangers having their bawbag colt team Devine's not really a goer.

I've asked Queen of the south fans how he looked with them last season.

He's a right back and an outstanding one for his age. Made the odd error but not many. Very fit lad, not a slight kid. Plays like he's 20 or 21, not 18 or indeed 17 as he was for the 1st half of his season with us. He played almost every week. Initially slated by most of our fans for being the manager's son and displacing Wullie Gibson (though that was intended to allow Wullie to influence games more from midfield rather than a sleight on Wullie) but after settling into the side all the criticism stopped and the fact he missed the last month of the season injured from Scotland u19 duty was a big loss for us in getting relegated.

In trying circumstances for a young boy when his dad was coming under a lot of pressure from the stands / terraces, he handled it very well and barely let it affect his performances. He also chose to stand up and be counted and stay with the club after his dad was sacked and never let his standards drop afterward. Good character. I'd be very surprised if he's allowed to come to League 1. He was potentially going to England in the summer was my understanding. If he's available to play at this level I'd be very disappointed if we didn't go back in for him to be honest.

51 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Hogarth

Yeats Donaldson Mackie McCann

McGinn Henderson

Morrison Oliver Lawal

Burrell

Would be my team for Saturday, assuming no one else is available.

Would be my team for Saturday, no matter who else is available.

2 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

Hogarth

Yeats Donaldson Mackie McCann

McGinn Henderson

Morrison Oliver Lawal

Burrell

Would be my team for Saturday, assuming no one else is available.

Main concern with above is Henderson's distribution in the middle was woeful against Dundee.

I'd personally like to see us match Alloa and play two up top and Morrison not being one of the two

51 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Main concern with above is Henderson's distribution in the middle was woeful against Dundee.

I'd personally like to see us match Alloa and play two up top and Morrison not being one of the two

We’ll need to be mindful of Sammon and Rodden though as they are scoring goals and goals breed confidence.

1 hour ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

We’ll need to be mindful of Sammon and Rodden though as they are scoring goals and goals breed confidence.

Despite a poor match against Queens, Sean Mackie is probably the guy to deal with Sammon physically. It's certainly not Henderson at this moment in time. 

2 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Offord managed two when Rodden went off too. I can't believe I'm saying this but if it's an open game we will have a great chance to outscore you.

15 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

Should've been a priority in June and I'm still mistified why it wasn't especially with ballantyne available.

Most likely approaches were made for other players but got knocked back for the same reasons Cove got the signing.

Chance to play at a higher level

We might get another signing but what we have is going to have to see us through to the winter transfer window.

McGlynn needs a settled team for with that will come consistency and the results.

Here's hoping

27 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Most likely approaches were made for other players but got knocked back for the same reasons Cove got the signing.

Chance to play at a higher level

We might get another signing but what we have is going to have to see us through to the winter transfer window.

McGlynn needs a settled team for with that will come consistency and the results.

Here's hoping

Here’s hoping to, last week should have been a simple player out player in. The rest is history…….

32 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

It's not that simple given how shite the players we're trying to move on are.

I agree with this - it isn’t that easy unless you are flush with cash 

It’s probably been done to death, and may be a perception rather than fact, but the only common threads in all of our poor/dire/unacceptable performances of the past 40 games are McGuffie and Nesbitt (and sometimes Williamson).

Yet for circumstances beyond McGlynn’s control, they remain starters week in and week out. Neither of them are capable of rolling up their sleeves and getting stuck in. Both are easily bullied, both either fade out of games or don’t contribute at all.

My Scouser friend was saying that Liverpool simply won’t be a force this season as they still have Jordan Henderson and James Milner as key players, and both are no longer good enough even though both are 100% model professionals.

Now, take a bunch of steps down the ladder of footballing skill, and I think the same argument could me made for McGuffie and Nesbitt. FFC won’t be a serious title contender in L1 until those guys are no longer in the team………and yes, add in McGlynn’s tinkering, then Saturday’s outcome was always on the cards.

Edited by Duncan Freemason

21 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

It’s probably been done to death, and may be a perception rather than fact, but the only common threads in all of our poor/dire/unacceptable performances of the past 40 games are McGuffie and Nesbitt (and sometimes Williamson).

Yet for circumstances beyond McGlynn’s control, they remain starters week in and week out. Neither of them are capable of rolling up their sleeves and getting stuck in. Both are easily bullied, both either fade out of games or don’t contribute at all.

My Scouser friend was saying that Liverpool simply won’t be a force this season as they still have Jordan Henderson and James Milner as key players, and both are no longer good enough even though both are 100% model professionals.

Now, take a bunch of steps down the ladder of footballing skill, and I think the same argument could me made for McGuffie and Nesbitt. FFC won’t be a serious title contender in L1 until those guys are no longer in the team………and yes, add in McGlynn’s tinkering, then Saturday’s outcome was always on the cards.

That's too simplistic a take on things.  I agree that McGuffie and Nesbitt have been poor but you could also argue they were central to what limited 'success' we have had this season.  Only a few weeks ago people were lauding our LC 'success' - we only made it out of the group due to Nesbitt's goal v Hibs and McGuffie's goal v Clyde.

The circumstances why they still play are TOTALLY within McGlynn's control.